Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

2 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Oy, people wasted no time in dumping on Trent............. yeah, I know, "its a business" blahblahblah, but damn people. This guy has been a rock for this team, no loyalty, nothin? No one here knows jack about what the actual facts are. I for one will be sorry to see him go. 

And "injury prone"? Oft injured, yes, but trying to anchor the line at LT with iffy help from LG, TE, etc., is it really any wonder that the one guy you've asked to do too much that tried to do too much ends up wearing down?

he's not exactly pleading his case, and anyway if he doesn't want to be here then trading him quickly is the best thing they can do for him.  As it stands we don't know what the man actually wants? If he actually thinks the medical staff is so bad they deserve to be fired what's he doing telling friends to  ign here?

15 minutes ago, carex said:

he's not exactly pleading his case, and anyway if he doesn't want to be here then trading him quickly is the best thing they can do for him.  As it stands we don't know what the man actually wants? If he actually thinks the medical staff is so bad they deserve to be fired what's he doing telling friends to  ign here?

There are so many conflicting stories.  For example, D. Hall mentioned firing the training staff.  Someone else said the opposite that Trent doesn't want anyone fired and he's not that kind of guy who pushes for people to lose their jobs.

I mean it's clear he's upset about something.  And it looks clear that it has something to do with the medical staff.   But other than that, what do we know?

To add to the gossip fest for those interested:  Travis Thompson said last night he's talked to some people and learned this is unlikely going to be worked out and Trent is likely going to be traded.  Russell this morning also thinks something similar.  I guess will see.   

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

There are so many conflicting stories.  For example, D. Hall mentioned firing the training staff.  Someone else said the opposite that Trent doesn't want anyone fired and he's not that kind of guy who pushes for people to lose their jobs.

I mean it's clear he's upset about something.  And it looks clear that it has something to do with the medical staff.   But other than that, what do we know?

To add to the gossip fest for those interested:  Travis Thompson said last night he's talked to some people and learned this is unlikely going to be worked out and Trent is likely going to be traded.  Russell this morning also thinks something similar.  I guess will see.   

it's entirely possible that he's not articulating his demands because he doesn't want to be that guy.  He doesn't want to be the reason the med staff is fired but he doesn't want them to be the medical staff of the team he plays for

8 minutes ago, carex said:

it's entirely possible that he's not articulating his demands because he doesn't want to be that guy.  He doesn't want to be the reason the med staff is fired but he doesn't want them to be the medical staff of the team he plays for

But he is okay for his friends to play here? I don't care anymore, he clearly doesn't . I doubt we will ever get the full story - I doubt it is resolved positivly and Trent goes on to never play a full season again for some other mid teir team 

1 hour ago, carex said:

Maybe.  My point is there is enough conflicting stuff out there about his supposed thoughts that IMO its tough to land on some concrete opinion.  Maybe he's overreacting?  Maybe he isn't?  Maybe he's taking a stand for multiple players?  Maybe's it's just about him?  Maybe he's upset about other things?  Maybe it's purely about the medical?  Money might assuage him.  Money will make no difference.  We've heard all of these different narratives so who knows.

The only things that seem clear is that he likely wants to be traded.  But even that point has different levels -- some say he won't play for the team again, some are confident it can be worked out. 

50 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

I worry if we unload Trent soon that by the trade deadline this turns into a fire sell.Guys like Kerrigan, Norman , Reed(if healthy and having a big year ) and  Sherff if contact negotiation are not going well all get traded.

Why does that worry you? They’ve been on the team and we’ve gotten no where. Getting assets for certain pieces is a pro organization move. Keeping them just for the sake of keeping them and not upgrading is the type of move organizations without direction make.

Im not saying move them. I’m just saying it’s nothing to fear.

2 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I feel concerning injuries that there is probably a blend of both sides being in the wrong, probably even more heavily swayed toward the franchise being in the wrong considering the alarming amount of injuries with this team over the last couple years. I do think it got personal here though and that trent is using it to fuel the fire, with the underlying cause being money.

When looking at trents past performance/injuries, our drafting of a tackle (though this is commonplace), and trent's age... trent is trending in the wrong direction and you have to consider the money side of things. 

Even if trent sits for a whole year he will still get one last high paying guaranteed contract. And I bet he is betting that his contract gets reworked/extended this year by the skins or via another team. 

Making a move now will guarantee high top dollar and security, and perhaps a playoff bound team. Doing so in two years will give him a shorter, less valuable contract. 

OK, but so far as i have heard, none of this is about football related injuries, it's supposedly about this growth on his head.
AND, i will also say that so far as i know,, Trent has said nothing publicly. (that is still true? Did I miss anything?)

If it got personal, and what we have heard about how the team medical staff handled things (and the ultimate ending of the growth being benign), then Trent REALLY needs to get off it. He smells terrible in this.

If he is trying to simply force his way out to go win, and to collect a fat check,, well, that would leave a bad taste. Supposedly a team leader and a team captain jumping ship... not a good look.

I think his days of a high paying contract are over..  teams have gotten away from spending big on old players with significant missed time due to injuries and substance abuse suspensions. But... maybe. Never know what desperate teams may do.
I think that he saw a chance to stick up the bank here, and try to force that last payday, but I also think the move for Penn and the other guy have hurt his position, which I believe was based on a lack of depth behind him.

~Bang

3 minutes ago, Bang said:

OK, but so far as i have heard, none of this is about football related injuries, it's supposedly about this growth on his head.

Multiple people covering the story have said it's not only about the growth on his head.  They said that was the final straw as opposed to the only straw that was the be all and end all.  There is some ambiguity and different narratives about what all the other stuff is.   

I guess eventually we will find out.  Just saying there are plenty of narratives out there that Trent's issue isn't just isolated on the growth but that was the last straw.  Is that true?  who knows.

So in his presser today, Jay said the team is not looking to trade Trent. Thinking about it, this is probably better. We lose leverage trading him now but if we wait, the price could go up. Right now we may only be able to get a 2 rounder but during the offseason we may be able to get a first. Plus, keeping him on the roster could allow Trent to come back.  

I heard Geron is running with the 1s. Is there a chance that he could start and Penn is the swing tackle?  We will be able to see how he does and evaluate whether we need to go LT next year. Penn played RT last year so he has experience for both spots and he can come in to start if Geron struggles. 

I am much more optimistic about this whole situation. 

24 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

So in his presser today, Jay said the team is not looking to trade Trent. Thinking about it, this is probably better. We lose leverage trading him now but if we wait, the price could go up. Right now we may only be able to get a 2 rounder but during the offseason we may be able to get a first. Plus, keeping him on the roster could allow Trent to come back.  

I heard Geron is running with the 1s. Is there a chance that he could start and Penn is the swing tackle?  We will be able to see how he does and evaluate whether we need to go LT next year. Penn played RT last year so he has experience for both spots and he can come in to start if Geron struggles. 

I am much more optimistic about this whole situation. 

during the offseason there will be free agents who won't be quite as good but won't require any compensation to their old team and draft picks with bright futures ahead of them

6 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

I wonder how much of this is the player’s fault for not addressing his health appart from a the teams doctors from the start. I mean who doesn’t cross check a doctor’s result.

That would be a good question to ask to Trent as a matter of fact. Obviously most of the players who have a beef against the med staff didn't cross check either. They probably think those doctors are the best in the business since they've been working full time for these franchises. Did they influence them to play through injury, did they gave them the best treatment ? Trent played many times through injuries they knew it and they let him. Remember the RG3 med fiasco vs the Ravens ?

I was reading a situation in wrestling that I wonder how many similarities it holds to this case.  It was about CM Punk. Supposedly, WWE almost let him die from MRSA staph infection that their senior official misdiagnosed and when it turned into a lump, the doctor said it was a fatty deposit and let him continue to wrestle with it.

45 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Gruden is very optimistic he will return but says he's not sure what it would take to get him to come back ! :wacko::wtf:

Very little of this situation is adding up.

If you take all the pieces of this puzzle, you can't put them together.

It's almost like all the puzzle pieces are from completely different puzzles.

In Keim's tweet the most important words are stated and maybe I'm over emphasizing but Keim stated "He has told people he doesn't want to play here again".  I would take it he's traded during the late August time period or possibly before.  

Gruden has been left in the dark before about trade situations done by our resident douche, Bruce Allen, so him saying he "would seriously doubt" that they are seeking a trade means nothing. Allen lying to his coach, or at least keeping him in the dark about one of his star players is the norm it seems. The same Allen that assured everyone that getting a deal done with Cousins would be easy and assured everyone that he knew what the issue with TW was and that he would be in camp.  Anyone not seeing how much of a pathetic piece of **** of human being Allen is at this point is beyond help.  I have no doubts that the Brucie is trying to trade TW and that he has left the HC, yet again, stand before the world to answer for his, Allen's, decisions without any information or help at all.  Throw 'em to the wolves, Allen!

Adding a 2019 1st rd pick such as T.Howard in the (possible?) trade with Houston, brings multiple benefits. Not only does it give a potential long term solution at tackle, a year to evaluate that potential before the 2020 draft, a huge reduction in salary cap costs and possibly use that to extend Scheriff, it also gives us a cheap 4 years to reduce our OL expenses and a 5th year option since he was a 1st rd pick.

1 hour ago, FrFan said:

Gruden is very optimistic he will return but says he's not sure what it would take to get him to come back ! :wacko::wtf:

Thanks to @TK and his stenographer, we have this quote from today.

On what he thinks it would take to get Williams back:

"I do not have an understanding on what it would take to get him back here. If I did, he'd be back here."

This may sound crazy, but I dont think we should trade Trent even if he continues the hold out.

Duane Brown is a good example here in that he tried to force his way out of Houston, but the amount of fines and lost pay was about to get to a level of straight rediculous and he returned around midseason.  By then he should be more then well rested and hopefully fully healthy. 

Then, next year he'll be in a contract year and have to play his ass off to get a new contract if he really wants to play elsewhere.  As long as that's for us, I dont care if he doesnt want to be here, that gives us two offseasons to draft his replacement in the first round instead of none. 

It's only if he becomes a cancer and distraction that I would give to trading g him, but hell have to know that we will leak the hell out of that **** to hurt the amount t of money he can earn in a new contract with someone else.  I'm with @Bang in that Trent is going to look worse the longer this drags on regardless of how people feel about our front office and medical staff.

Archived