Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not suggesting that this stuff is true, too.  You got me.  I need to hear it from Trent or his agent both of whom are quiet.   But to be fair to Trent, there is some narrative out there (presuming from Trent's camp) that includes the point that it's the accumulation of multiple things as opposed to just one incident.

Yeah, it's why I have generally stayed out of the whole Trent Williams saga for the most part.

We haven't heard anything from Trent, very, very little from the front office, and Gruden just seems annoyed in talking about it. :)

We really don't know what is driving this or where this road will lead.

But now that preseason games are starting, I think we will find out fairly soon.

If Trent has complaints about how LG has been neglected for so long, I actually agree with that even though I don't think that's something to hold out over. But it's kind of hilarious that that's supposed to be one of the reasons IN THE SEASON WE DRAFTED AN LG.

I hope Bruce doesn't take a stand and prolong this to make Trent pay financially.  Little does he realize Trent could ink a tell all book and recoup some monies.

However, I do want him to hold out for a reasonable offer, and not sell him to NE for their 5th and 6th, 

40 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

If Trent has complaints about how LG has been neglected for so long, I actually agree with that even though I don't think that's something to hold out over. But it's kind of hilarious that that's supposed to be one of the reasons IN THE SEASON WE DRAFTED AN LG.

Brewer wrapped it up in his point that he doesn't think much of the FO's competence.    In in the narrative that he wants to win and he doesn't have faith in this FO to build a winner.  Brewer among the people reporting on this story has hit this point the hardest or at least he did in a radio interview I listened to but even he said its not the only thing but just one in a series of things with the medical stuff being the prime issue.

Hopefully Trent finally speaks or this gets resolved and then we'd likely know the story or at least part of it. 

5 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I hope Bruce doesn't take a stand and prolong this to make Trent pay financially.  Little does he realize Trent could ink a tell all book and recoup some monies.

However, I do want him to hold out for a reasonable offer, and not sell him to NE for their 5th and 6th, 

Yep, this narrative that some beat guys suggest (though they admit they are guessing) that Bruce is a stubborn dude and might rather Trent sit out then deal him for picks -- I hope that's not true.  It would be foolish IMO.   

13 hours ago, -JB- said:

Life goes on.  Have the Redskins not played without Trent Williams before?  He’s had suspensions and a lot of injuries.  He has battled through a lot over the years.  Just trade him and let him move on.

Not trading him for nothing. The guy can sit the whole year for all I care. He doesn't just get the easy way out. Not a good example for anyone else down the road. 

The point below from Finlay's article was also echoed by Chris Myles on 106.7 the other day.  He said he is close to someone who is close to Trent who told that person no way he's playing for them again.  

My only issue from Trent's side of things is if he wants to leverage a trade, I'd chill with the I am not playing for them narrative.  Granted its not coming from him directly or his agent.  But if that's what he truly is telling people then it makes it harder to leverage trade value.  If the Redskins are seriously considering trading him, and he really wants out, his best shot to get out is for the Redskins to get good value for him. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/trent-williams-fine-missing-regular-season-and-will-not-play-redskins-period-sources

"He's not coming back. Period," said one source that had spoken directly to Williams. 

6 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Not trading him for nothing. The guy can sit the whole year for all I care. He doesn't just get the easy way out. Not a good example for anyone else down the road. 

I think it depends on the reason he's holding out.  He wouldn't though be the first player in the NFL to ask for a trade, hold out and then get traded.  So i am not that worried about what example it sets.  He wouldn't be setting a new one as far as the NFL is concerned.  But I agree that i wouldn't trade him for nothing.  But no way I'd forgo lets say a late first round pick or high 2nd just to make a point to Trent.  I am not saying you are saying otherwise.   That's akin to saying I'd rather not have another Sweat (or name a player in that range) to make a point to Trent.

I know its a cliche to say the next draft is loaded but this 2020 draft has been hyped even during the 2019 draft process.  This draft has a shot to be special.  Our FO has plenty of faults.  but our college scouting component of it IMO is really good -- they can add potentially a special player or two in a Trent trade if they get good value.  

26 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Not a good example to keep unhappy people around who dont want to play for you either.  

The best thing to do IMO is trade him for the best deal you can get and turn the page.  But they dont have to just take any deal.  

Nothing about this gets better the longer he stays on ice.

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I would disagree with this part.... A lot about this gets instantly better the minute a contending team (or two) have injuries along their O-line.  Teams who are in position to make a run can and do part with higher draft picks.  Its happened many times before and will continue to.   I see no reason to rush a trade.

Albert Breer just asked about Trent compensation on 106.7.  He sort of danced around the subject saying if Trent has demands for a new contract that might complicate it.  He thinks for them to have a shot at a first rounder they should wait it out and let some key injury unfold to make a team especially desperate.

I am with Grant Paulsen who is making this point if Duke Johnson warrants this in trade compensation, shouldn't we get a higher pick for Trent?  Sheehan debated the same issue with Theismann who if I heard him right seemed to think they could get at best get a third rounder.  Sheehan thinking they can get a first or worst case a 2nd and change.  I agree with Sheehan.  Granted there is no way to know until it goes down.  But to me a 2nd would be worst case.

9 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

I would disagree with this part.... A lot about this gets instantly better the minute a contending team (or two) have injuries along their O-line.  Teams who are in position to make a run can and do part with higher draft picks.  Its happened many times before and will continue to.   I see no reason to rush a trade.

I agree.  Keim flat out said he heard if they trade him it would be late August.  I presume because of the leverage would be the highest. 

33 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Not a good example to keep unhappy people around who dont want to play for you either.  

The best thing to do IMO is trade him for the best deal you can get and turn the page.  But they dont have to just take any deal.  

The longer he sits at home lifted and farting in his couch cushions, the better the trade market will become. Tackles get injured in camp or during the preseason and teams get desperate... even for a player on the wrong side of 30 with a contract dispute who is one joint away from missing an entire season. There is nothing to lose by making him wait it out. He's not with the team, he doesn't affect who's on the roster and there's no chance of drafting a replacement until next Spring. He can talk all the **** he wants from home, whether or not he's a Redskin. Doesn't matter.

Tell Trent to shop himself & if he’s all he believes himself to be, go find a team willing to part with a 1st + & he can take his ass out of town.

F2647D5A-3120-4760-9DD9-C8316C13151A.gif

40 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am with Grant Paulsen who is making this point if Duke Johnson warrants this in trade compensation, shouldn't we get a higher pick for Trent?  Sheehan debated the same issue with Theismann who if I heard him right seemed to think they could get at best get a third rounder.  Sheehan thinking they can get a first or worst case a 2nd and change.  I agree with Sheehan.  Granted there is no way to know until it goes down.  But to me a 2nd would be worst case.

Not to mention, the team that made that ridiculous trade for Duke is one of the more likely suitors for Trent.

Bottom line with Trent, you don’t trade him unless it’s fair compensation. He can sit until then. And if he’s gonna go all the way with this, then you recoup every last cent you legally can. TW was and is my favorite Skin. But if he wants to go ham on us then cest la vie. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep, this narrative that some beat guys suggest (though they admit they are guessing) that Bruce is a stubborn dude and might rather Trent sit out then deal him for picks -- I hope that's not true.  It would be foolish IMO.   

Why not?

Players are choosing to be radical in their approach to leverage and manipulate situations, counter this energy with a strategic/calculated approach. The Skins don’t have a franchise QB to lean on like the other applauded franchises who draw hard lines with players, but the locker room appears to have matured a great deal—Meaning, there's great continuity and leadership amongst the players and coaches. It’s not ideal, but manageable IMO. 

Sure, if a great deal presents itself, then Skins should listen, but no need to feel pressured to do so. 

Admittedly, I fall on extreme side of not wanting elite players to “run the league” (like the NBA), so I’m bullish on teams adapting new perspectives to counter the new age player mindset. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Brewer wrapped it up in his point that he doesn't think much of the FO's competence.    In in the narrative that he wants to win and he doesn't have faith in this FO to build a winner.  Brewer among the people reporting on this story has hit this point the hardest or at least he did in a radio interview I listened to but even he said its not the only thing but just one in a series of things with the medical stuff being the prime issue.

Hopefully Trent finally speaks or this gets resolved and then we'd likely know the story or at least part of it. 

He would certainly have people that agree with him.  How long is the fire BA thread these days?

57 minutes ago, justice98 said:

So what 1 player out of a whole team is upset, to bad for him. Hold him until the trade deadline. A contender will want him and that's when you move him. If you still aren't getting a good price for him. Wait until free agency or draft next year to move him. 

He's the one losing money. Realistically this team needs a LT not a draft pick right now. So if we get decent to good play out of our remaining LTs. He can enjoy the couch this year. 

10 minutes ago, celticsalmon said:

Donald Penn is NOT Trent Williams.  Bruce Allen is NOT a General Manager.

There are plenty of teams in the NFL that don't have a Trent Williams. Guess what they still win. No team is about one player especially if that one player isn't a franchise QB. As for the Bruce Allen statement. I agree with that. 

29 minutes ago, Bang said:

Well, at least we have a source who is close to a source who knows somebody who might be a source for all of our information on this.

it could be worse.

~Bang

My source is reporting that when people found out the Skins did tell Trent to get a 2nd opinion and he potentially dragged his feet on getting that 2nd opinion, Trent was upset with his people for not telling him this would happen. He's also upset that they didn't tell him that he should own his health and that a 2nd opinion for anything like a tumor is always a good idea. 

/sarcasm

It was about money. The story from his camp HAS to be that it isn't because he looks ****ty right now. Otherwise, he would have spoken up already about what specifically the med staff did wrong. 

Archived