Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

5 minutes ago, Hooper said:

If I'm Trent and I know the Pats are sniffing around me, I would do whatever I could to make it happen. Imagine spending 10 years in a dumpster-fire of an organization and then hearing the Pats are interested in making a trade for you. Hell, I'd take a dump on Bruce Allen's desk. Come to think of it, I'd do that anyway.

I'd be interested in seeing how Trent would fair working under that system.  He's always been a little lax and an individual.

5 minutes ago, carex said:

but I thought he wasn't just questioning their motives but also their competence

Yeah his response didn't address my point at all.

If a person thinks it's dangerous working for a certain company, and a friend calls to ask about working at that company, wouldn't that person warn the friend that it's not safe?

9 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

If a person thinks it's dangerous working for a certain company, and a friend calls to ask about working at that company, wouldn't that person warn the friend that it's not safe?

We don't really know what the conversation was.  Penn said that he and Trent talked, and that they are on the same page.  He didn't say, "Trent sold me on how great it is to play for the Redskins."

The conversation could have been as simple as "The Redskins are offering me a good contract, but I don't want you to think I am trying to undermine your contract situation", with Trent responding "Don't worry about it, I'm not playing for the Redskins anymore... But I would advise you to get your own doctors if you go to Washington".

2 hours ago, carex said:

but I thought he wasn't just questioning their motives but also their competence

Perhaps he is, who really knows?

My point is that Donald Penn's situation is entirely different than Trent's.  Donald Penn has a world of personal (infidelity) issues that were all over the news not long ago, and made a fraction of what Trent has over his career, so he really needs the opportunity to lengthen his career and earnings.  The highest likelihood for him to do that is to start somewhere and play well enough to earn another contract.  Trent probably feels like he doesn't have to keep playing.

4 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

What doesn't add up is that if the medical staff is so bad, and Donald Penn talked to Trent before signing with the Redskins, wouldn't Trent have advised against it based off the incompetent medical staff?

What player would tell another to sign with a team where the medical staff doesn't protect you?

Trent likely aired his grievances to Penn in general discussion.

Penn likely gave him props for taking a stance, then said I don't give a **** I can potentially lift 5mil and have no intention of playing after 2019.

Trent likely replied, don't blame you buddy, go bank that cash. I'm out of there.

8 hours ago, London Kev said:

Not yet, but I heard a whisper that the guy that delivers the doughnuts is on borrowed time.

5 hours ago, Xameil said:

That's what happens when you mix up a Bavarian Cream with a Boston Cream...

Get your ****ing donuts right

Have the Skins used Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts as a negotiating tactic with TW ?

Here's another fabricated speculation to fill the time.

Conversation between Penn andd Trent...

Penn : I wanna retire after this year, but with my age and health I'm not even sure I can make it through another full season.

Trent : I feel kinda the same way, especially with this current medical thing sure to keep me out several games, no matter who I play for.

Penn : Tell you what, I'll take the first half of the season, and by mid-season, by body is gonna need a break. Especially goin against that

young stallion, Sweat, every day in practice ? My body can only take so much. And by that time you'll be ready to come back, and you take

the 2nd half of the season.

Trent : Deal.

Bash all you want, I'm just dreamin.

3 hours ago, Hooper said:

If I'm Trent and I know the Pats are sniffing around me, I would do whatever I could to make it happen. Imagine spending 10 years in a dumpster-fire of an organization and then hearing the Pats are interested in making a trade for you. Hell, I'd take a dump on Bruce Allen's desk. Come to think of it, I'd do that anyway.

I wonder if going to a team that wouldn't be ok with Trent's offseason on not being around would handle it. Or if Trent would suck it up because he knows they'll be making a real title run.

Either way, how he doesn't show for OTAs and Mini-Camps wouldn't fly in New England.

TW should just show up and go on the PUP list. That would give him time to recover and still get paid. He can always stick with his own docs and have them communicate with the Skins trainers.

I just cannot understand how a player can accept losing that much money, but I guess he might have enough in investments that it makes little difference to him. I wish I had that problem.

42 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Man, looks like Jerry is playing hardball with HIS star players. Our's is nowhere near as critical as ANY on those three players. Zeke sitting our brings a smile to my face...at least sitout to game 3 and let us play Alf....

I don't think Jerry is playing hardball.  He has actually offered Zeke an extension, even though Zeke still has 2 years left on his deal (while Dak and Cooper are on the last year of the contract).

I think Jerry is just being straight about the fact that Zeke has already been paid about $20 million, compared to Dak making about $3 mil so far in his career.  I don't think it is hardball to tell Zeke that he can't just skip to the front of the line when it comes to extensions just by going to Cabo rather than preparing for the season with his team.

15 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

I just stopped looking in here for about a week...... Yet here i am again.

Yet, you didnt miss anything..same arguments over and over with the only revelation being someone is getting fired for mixing up a Bavarian cream with Boston Cream...

...I mean really, it's got annoying white powdered sugar all over it as opposed to a delicious chocolate fudge on top...best thing to come out of Boston...

15 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Ahhhh... no wonder why his bones are so brittle

As bad as the Redskins' luck with injuries has been, it looks like the Raiders may be dealing with an injury that not even the Skins could pull off.

There is a report out that Antonio Brown may miss the rest of training camp because he got frostbite.... In Oakland... In August.

If someone told me they would pay me a million dollars if I could find a way to get frostbite in the next 12 hours, during this heatwave... I would have to Google ways to get it done.  Anyone know a dry ice guy?

Spriggs, want.

• Packers waived/injured OT Jason Spriggs.

The No. 48 overall pick of the 2016 draft, Spriggs' has a "trap muscle" injury. He will revert to injured reserve once he clears waivers. Spriggs could never graduate to more than ineffective backup status in Green Bay. His career high for snaps was last year's 291. Still only 25, Spriggs' relative youth could earn him a second chance if he gets cut loose with an injury settlement.

Aug 6, 2019, 5:29 PM ET

If Spriggs becomes available, he should be signed. Kid would be very good depth at LT, and perhaps Callahan could polish him up beyond the coaching he's received thus far in his pro career. That Packers line has never been good under the current regime, and the OL coach is nothing more than a legacy hire, which they do a lot up there. And the Packers moved Spriggs RT, which he never acclimated to. He's a LT, period, and a solid one.

Archived