Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

2 hours ago, carex said:

Duane Brown was traded for a 2, 3 and 5  and whould have been 30 or 31 at the time and he had failed to play 16 games in four of his nine seasons with the Texans with three of the four of them the years before the trade

Great comparison. And, I’m sure Trents name has more clout than Brown at the time. So hopefully for it comes to it more can be had in a trade. 

Also, generally teams are worried about significant lower body issues as a players heads into his 30s, Trent missed four games three years ago due to weed and a 3 games in another for a hand injury. For value purposes, if another team were looking into him. 

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Somebody here said Trent probably only has 2 years left on him.

If that's true and an accurate forecast, that would drive the price down for sure.

2 years is practically a rental.

and people say we overestimate our players

If we decide to trade Trent there will be a ton interest.Its not everyday teams get a chance to add an elite LT.Left tackles, Quarterbacks and EDGE RUSHERS are the most valued positions is the NFL.Chances are if Trent is traded it will be for greater return than the Texans got for Brown.Trent does have some durability concerns but a teams value Left tackles and a chance to add an elite left tackle in the league will have many teams lining up.

25 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

If we decide to trade Trent there will be a ton interest.Its not everyday teams get a chance to add an elite LT.Left tackles, Quarterbacks and EDGE RUSHERS are the most valued positions is the NFL.Chances are if Trent is traded it will be for greater return than the Texans got for Brown.Trent does have some durability concerns but a teams value Left tackles and a chance to add an elite left tackle in the league will have many teams lining up.

Isn't it starting to feel like we're the factory for developing and grooming talented QB's, Head Coaches, LT's, WR's, etc for other teams to take advantage of ?

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Isn't it starting to feel like we're the factory for developing and grooming talented QB's, Head Coaches, LT's, WR's, etc for other teams to take advantage of ?

No?  There's 4 ex Skins QBs.  3 are backups with no prospects to start, a couple of jouneyman WRs and a couple head coaches

28 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

It seems pretty clear that Trent no longer wants to be here, just like anyone else who doesn't have to be.  A front office (arguably the worst in the league, save maybe the Jets) run by Potsie Webber and the Prince of Darkness. Those who can get out, do.  Good for Trent.

Your user name suits you well. Hail baby! 

12 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The guy doesn't want to play...I feel bad for the guy... Nobody on this board, that I'm aware of, is getting paid millions of dollars per year....

Child please

12 hours ago, Unbias said:

I don't think it's one thing. Could be a combo of no playoff wins, Kirk's departure, Alex's injury, tackle being drafted, misdiagnosis, dealing with Allen, no playoff wins, etc.... All of that will wear on a guy. 

Maybe Trent is feeling like he's wasting his career here and might not have the time it'll take Haskins to get up to speed. The med thing is "murky" and appears to be a good out. Good for us that he has forced the F.o's hand (maybe they won't **** it up like the last time ) and we can get something good for him. If I'm Houston I'm jumping all over this to protect my franchise Qb who has already been hurt 1nce. If I'm Belichik, I see 7th .....Should be no shortage of teams wanting an elite LT.

Tytus Howard or Max Scharping to develop under the tutelage of Callahan and two 2nds might work. That plan would let let us evaluate the development of Howard/Scharping and whether we will need to invest a 1st in 2020 on another T. Also, freeing up Trents salary could translate well for a Scheriff extension.

I think so. Haven't heard from Trent or the front office. All speculation. IMO, this is not a hold out. This is a personal medical situation that is non of anyone's business. And to that, its the reason the team can't talk about. 

Can you say "HIPAA"

Now with that said, IMO Jason Loc is notorious for reporting baseless ****. If he would have said he spoke to Trent and Trent says he doesn't want to play for the Skins, that would be news worthy. But he didn't quote him. He heard it from a ****ing source.

Bottom line, Trent hasn't been cleared to play plus he thought he had ****ing cancer!! That's the facts. All this other **** is speculation and training camp distraction. 

After 7 great years with this team, I refuse to jump on some speculation band wagon and bad talk the guy. Even the trade rumors are just that. ****ing rumors.

Listening to sports talk radio right now in this area is painful. All over Jason's speculative story. ****ing unbelievable!   

4 hours ago, bowhunter said:

Tytus Howard or Max Scharping to develop under the tutelage of Callahan and two 2nds might work. That plan would let let us evaluate the development of Howard/Scharping and whether we will need to invest a 1st in 2020 on another T. Also, freeing up Trents salary could translate well for a Scheriff extension.

I would also be in favour of getting a young OL back via trade as well. 

However, what's interesting with those two is that neither seem suited to LT, Howard has apparently struggled but looks great at LG, Scharping could be more of a fit at RT. 

If you were the Texans, and they are lined up to get an extra third rounder next draft via the comp pick system, getting the chance to go after Trent seems like a gift from the Gods.

With our extra pick coming for the loss of Crowder, our early picks are 1,3,4,4 so if we could somehow add a coupe of extra pick through rounds 1-3 we really could load up via the draft. We could easily invest in 2 more OL through the first 4 rounds, including of course a LT to compete with Christian.

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Can we make it to 100 pages with no new news since the first page ? :)

*Also added that to assist anyone just now joining the thread.

Oh there's some bit of news since 1st page...

Late ones are that our FO is hoing fines will get him back. Or that Penn talked to him and is on the same page that Trent. And that we're shopping him without shopping him. (Just like a HC that still has all the confidence of his FO and gets fired the week after).

So yeah that's moving.

Baby steps :P

I am forgetting where I heard it but someone talked about they understand that Trent's hero is Jason Peters in part because he played into his late 30s and Trent likewise wants to play late into his career and make the hall of fame.

Personally, I still think Trent is a stud.  He's certainly injury prone.   But I think the market for him will be bigger than some think -- assuming his current health is OK.  to me that's the biggest wildcard -- how healthy is he right now?  If he's healthy to start the season, I think we can get more for him that some might think.  If they decide to trade him -- will see.   

I am typically in the camp that people overvalue what we can get for our players as to draft picks.   Veterans do often get undervalued on the market when it comes to trades involving picks.  For Trent though I am in a different camp. Pro Bowl LTs aren't easy to find.   

Oy, people wasted no time in dumping on Trent............. yeah, I know, "its a business" blahblahblah, but damn people. This guy has been a rock for this team, no loyalty, nothin? No one here knows jack about what the actual facts are. I for one will be sorry to see him go. 

And "injury prone"? Oft injured, yes, but trying to anchor the line at LT with iffy help from LG, TE, etc., is it really any wonder that the one guy you've asked to do too much that tried to do too much ends up wearing down?

8 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Oy, people wasted no time in dumping on Trent............. yeah, I know, "its a business" blahblahblah, but damn people. This guy has been a rock for this team, no loyalty, nothin? No one here knows jack about what the actual facts are. I for one will be sorry to see him go. 

And "injury prone"? Oft injured, yes, but trying to anchor the line at LT with iffy help from LG, TE, etc., is it really any wonder that the one guy you've asked to do too much that tried to do too much ends up wearing down?

Amen !

Trent Williams Playing Through Injuries Doesn't Surprise Redskins

I remember he postponed knee surgery until afterwe were eliminated from playoff

So, if the words this week are to be believed, Trent is mad because the team led him to believe his growth was not serious, and after he finally did get it checked out by another doctor, it turned out that it was NOT SERIOUS.

They were RIGHT.

How DARE they! Snyder is just the WORST. The team doctors are incompetent, and EVIL!  ABSOLUTE MORONS, being "RIGHT", and "CORRECTLY DIAGNOSING" ****.. how's a guy supposed to trust that?

Money money money money money.
anything else is bull****.

~Bang

7 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Amen !

Trent Williams Playing Through Injuries Doesn't Surprise Redskins

I remember he postponed knee surgery until afterwe were eliminated from playoff

I wonder how much of this is the player’s fault for not addressing his health appart from a the teams doctors from the start. I mean who doesn’t cross check a doctor’s result.

21 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

You left out "Under Contract" for 2 more years after signing a league leading deal for 5 years. If contracts are toilet paper....

At least KC was smart with his 3 YEAR Fully Guaranteed deal. It may be the future..short deals..guaranteed money. NO MORE RENEGOTIATION

16 minutes ago, Bang said:

So, if the words this week are to be believed, Trent is mad because the team led him to believe his growth was not serious, and after he finally did get it checked out by another doctor, it turned out that it was NOT SERIOUS.

They were RIGHT.

How DARE they! Snyder is just the WORST. The team doctors are incompetent, and EVIL!  ABSOLUTE MORONS, being "RIGHT", and "CORRECTLY DIAGNOSING" ****.. how's a guy supposed to trust that?

Money money money money money.
anything else is bull****.

~Bang

I feel concerning injuries that there is probably a blend of both sides being in the wrong, probably even more heavily swayed toward the franchise being in the wrong considering the alarming amount of injuries with this team over the last couple years. I do think it got personal here though and that trent is using it to fuel the fire, with the underlying cause being money.

When looking at trents past performance/injuries, our drafting of a tackle (though this is commonplace), and trent's age... trent is trending in the wrong direction and you have to consider the money side of things. 

Even if trent sits for a whole year he will still get one last high paying guaranteed contract. And I bet he is betting that his contract gets reworked/extended this year by the skins or via another team. 

Making a move now will guarantee high top dollar and security, and perhaps a playoff bound team. Doing so in two years will give him a shorter, less valuable contract. 

To me this is a win-win scenario. I love Trent and nobody should bad mouth his effort and dedication to this organization during his career.

Do I disagree with the 'talk' he is upset at the medical team, yes. If it was based around a cancer scare, get a second opinion. 

Regardless, if he stays, he's a true warrior and demonstrated that his entire career. I'd be happy simply because he was such a likable Redskin. Win.

However, even without the holdout, a trade is a good thing for this team. If the Texans gave us a 1st for him, very useful. Win.

Frankly, from a business standpoint and given his injury and marijuana related suspensions, the trade makes more sense

2 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

To me this is a win-win scenario. I love Trent and nobody should bad mouth his effort and dedication to this organization during his career.

Do I disagree with the 'talk' he is upset at the medical team, yes. If it was based around a cancer scare, get a second opinion. 

Regardless, if he stays, he's a true warrior and demonstrated that his entire career. I'd be happy simply because he was such a likable Redskin. Win.

However, even without the holdout, a trade is a good thing for this team. If the Texans gave us a 1st for him, very useful. Win.

Frankly, from a business standpoint and given his injury and marijuana related suspensions, the trade makes more sense

Me, too.  I got a ton of respect for Trent.  And heck he could be 100% right about the medical staff or whatever is driving this.   I personally couldn't disagree more with the people here who seem to be dismissing Trent's stance -- especially since we don't really know for sure what that stance is and just about everything we've heard about Trent centers on him being the leader and the most respected guy or one of the most respected guys in that locker room. 

My interest in trading Trent has ZERO to do with anything relating to what's going on right now.  

It's about not caring about holding on to any veteran just to be 8-8 or whatever.  IMO you build a young team for the kill.  Take a step back to take a few steps forward.  The Patriots trade veteran assets for picks routinely.  Heck the Eagles have done it multiple times.  When was the last time we traded a veteran asset for a high pick?  Unless I am forgetting a case, I think we are going all the way back to Casserly.  We give up high picks for veterans under Dan -- we don't get high picks for veterans.  It would be nice to change this formula for a change. 

Trent has missed 13 games in the last 3 years.  I doubt that trend is going to turn the other way as he turns 31 and gets older.  The dude is willing to play through pain and is a stud.    But it's tough to think his durability is going to age well like fine wine.  That's not disrespecting Trent -- that's just football.   But even if the dude was always healthy, I'd feel the same way.

I don't think that there is a poster here who does not love Trent and what he has done for our team. Until 4 weeks ago he was the face of our franchise. Our teams hero and leader. One of the few good things to happen to us under Snyders ownership. But, if what little we have read on the situation is correct, that era is coming to an end. Not by our choice but by Trents.  , So I think it's OK to cool some of the calling fans out for discussing what our possible trade options might be. 

Archived