Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

4 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Been a while since Trents agent was venting. All quiet. Are we looking at a 3rd and 5th now? Still holding out for a 2nd? Or is there a player trade standoff going on? 

Either that or he was advised that he was attempting a failed strategy. Trent may have even told him he was blowing it.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Trent probably doesn't like the idea that he's looking like the bad guy in this. Pretty hard to do, really. Hard to make yourself the bad guy when going up against Snyder.

When Peter Griffin is your agent, things usually take a turn for the worst.

18 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Been a while since Trents agent was venting. All quiet. Are we looking at a 3rd and 5th now? Still holding out for a 2nd? Or is there a player trade standoff going on? 

This ****ing enrages me, to think we could have easily gotten a second rounder maybe even a first had we not been so dam stubborn last year and dealt him during the season.

48 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

This ****ing enrages me, to think we could have easily gotten a second rounder maybe even a first had we not been so dam stubborn last year and dealt him during the season.

In all probability, we get the Houston deal. Maybe a shade worse. Probably a shade better. After all, Trent was better on every measure, but age. Tunsil is decidedly above average.

The reason it is quiet is because Trent's agent keeps making it harder for anyone to take his client. I believe he made his client untradeable because Teams know all they have to do is wait. Either Trent will be playing for the Redskins or he will be riding the pine. I feel that his agent looked at Dunbar getting traded for a 5th round pick by going public. The difference is Trent is a more valuable and has shown more during his time on the field than Dunbar. Trent's agent is also making Trent older and more out of football shape the more he misrepresents him. Trent has been a great player for the Redskins but he is getting bad advice from guy that isn't very well connected around the league. Other teams are playing him by feeding him misiinformation IMHO so they can drive the compensation price down. Just a feeling.

30 minutes ago, Burgold said:

In all probability, we get the Houston deal. Maybe a shade worse. Probably a shade better. After all, Trent was better on every measure, but age. Tunsil is decidedly above average.

Just want to point out again, that if Williams had been on the trade market last year the price would have gone down, not up. The cost was high in part because the Texans didn't have any other real options.

This Trent Williams saga has gone on to long, we should tell William's agent what we will take in compensation and then give the agent a date to get him another team, if no team is going to pay what we want by that time, then tell him Williams will be a Redskins player in 2020.

HTTR 

18 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

This Trent Williams saga has gone on to long, we should tell William's agent what we will take in compensation and then give the agent a date to get him another team, if no team is going to pay what we want by that time, then tell him Williams will be a Redskins player in 2020.

HTTR 

I think the ‘Skins have already told his agent what they want in compensation from another team. They don’t need to give him a deadline. Since there’s zero chance the team cuts him, TW will have no choice but to show (unless traded) or not get paid. 

I wonder if the Jets have offered their pair of 3rds. I would have to imagine they have not. If we had a chance to get their pair of 3's then we would have taken that. There is a lot of talent that could be had in the 3rd round and if we had 3 picks in the 3rd + 2 more picks in the 4th that would be pretty legit.

On 4/1/2020 at 4:15 PM, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

To me it seems simple, if a team is asking for a pro bowl left tackle we simply respond, "yeah, he's available but we need to replace him so we'll need equal or close to equal value in return. That's why we're gonna need at least a 2nd from this years draft or a 1st in next years."

If I'm the Skins that's my answer and I'm not budging. Trent can always come back and play here if he wants to play. This will be a better place to play than some places he may be dealt. Hold firm RR....

5 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:
  •  

Let's recap Williams:  (1) needs a team to give up draft pick(s), (2) usually doesn't play 16 games, (3) can't wear a helmet(?), (4) wants a new deal, (5) older, and (6) has a crazy agent.  Williams may be on the self-inflicted retirement train.

(7) Has done everything he can to screw the team over and get himself paid....regardless of who the coach or GM is. 

Joel Corry, ex-NFL agent, same dude who talked about last year how Bruce did the same thing he did with Trent to one of his clients where he refused to move him regardless of having a potential trade partner -- was on 106.7.  He doubled down on what some others have said which is the time to get value for Trent was last year.  Now it's likely going to have to be more of a fire sale if they want to move him. 

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Joel Corry, ex-NFL agent, same dude who talked about last year how Bruce did the same thing he did with Trent to one of his clients where he refused to move him regardless of having a potential trade partner -- was on 106.7.  He doubled down on what some others have said which is the time to get value for Trent was last year.  Now it's likely going to have to be more of a fire sale if they want to move him. 

I can see it being a 3rd and 5th or a combo of a 2nd and 3rd day pick of two 3rd day picks.  I definitely think TW is traded during the draft at some point after all the high graded Left OT are taken.  

Archived