Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

4 minutes ago, sportsnut said:

Good point about who is an expert.  But I’ve read a ton of articles saying we got fleeced, and not one saying anything positive about the trade.

The entire coaching staff and front office have been replaced.  All Rivera had to go on was film.  Dude was hurt a lot.

I'm going to wait until he turns into Richard Sherman before I get all weepy.

13 minutes ago, sportsnut said:

Good point about who is an expert.  But I’ve read a ton of articles saying we got fleeced, and not one saying anything positive about the trade.

I've seen plenty of positive reviews of the trade. Some even ecstatic.

Just check these sources:

Seattle Times

KOMO ABC Seattle

KING NBC Seattle

KIRO CBS Seattle

KCPQ FOX Tacoma/Seattle 

KJR 950 AM Seattle Sports Radio 

Etc. 

Vikings interest in TW is starting to be reported more....Minnesota is where I see Trent ending up unless Miami wants to offer more. Reports are now saying that Minn will release LT Riley Reiff and save 8 mil against the cap to make room for Trent. Vikes have draft picks and players (Anthony Harris) to easily get a deal done with us. They have two firsts, a second and two third round picks.....Skins could ask for both 3rds, the one 2nd or one of the 3rds and Harris? 

John Keim is the one reporting the Vikes interest with the above mentioned details.

16 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Vikings interest in TW is starting to be reported more....Minnesota is where I see Trent ending up unless Miami wants to offer more. Reports are now saying that Minn will release LT Riley Reiff and save 8 mil against the cap to make room for Trent. Vikes have draft picks and players (Anthony Harris) to easily get a deal done with us. They have two firsts, a second and two third round picks.....Skins could ask for both 3rds, the one 2nd or one of the 3rds and Harris? 

John Keim is the one reporting the Vikes interest with the above mentioned details.

If they'd release Reiff, I'm almost surprised they wouldn't offer him straight up

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Vikes seem like the best team for us.  We can sign Harris (local guy) to a LTD FS and get a 3rd/4th round pick.

6 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Especially if Vikings don't think they can't get one of the top 5 Tackles with one of their first round picks. 

Yep, the Vikings window is right now. Gotta believe Mike Zimmer is feeling the heat to get them to a Super Bowl and if they're gonna beat the Niners they'd better beef up that offensive line....no rookie is gonna cut it against the Niners front 4. Hell, they can't even handle the Packers defense....Trent would be their best offensive lineman. 

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

Trent for Anthony Harris and a 3rd would be a wet dream. I don't think that's going to happen. 

Rotoworld specifically states he could be had for a 3rd rounder that the Browns thought was too much.  Skins have been asking for a 2nd or multiple picks or player and picks.  Jets have been mentioned as two 3rd round picks so why would Harris and a 3rd/4th be impossible or not likely to happen?

33 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Rotoworld specifically states he could be had for a 3rd rounder that the Browns thought was too much.  Skins have been asking for a 2nd or multiple picks or player and picks.  Jets have been mentioned as two 3rd round picks so why would Harris and a 3rd/4th be impossible or not likely to happen?

Because I'm getting used to being disappointed? I think the most we get is a 3rd. And Anthony Harris is a pro bowl caliber player IMHO and a difference maker. Maybe we get him and a 4th. 

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

Because I'm getting used to being disappointed? I think the most we get is a 3rd. And Anthony Harris is a pro bowl caliber player IMHO and a difference maker. Maybe we get him and a 4th. 

It will be Harris and a draft pick and like I said a 3rd or 4th.  TW, regardless of the crap he's pulled has been a 7x All Pro.  

Skins need to hold to the demand of at least a 2nd if they trade him within the NFC especially. Again, if Minnesota, or anyone else, is gonna okay him like a top 5 tackle then the comoensation has to match that. They just got a 1st and 3 other picks for Diggs so now its their turn to compensate equally if they want this malcontent.

41 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Skins need to hold to the demand of at least a 2nd if they trade him within the NFC especially. Again, if Minnesota, or anyone else, is gonna okay him like a top 5 tackle then the comoensation has to match that. They just got a 1st and 3 other picks for Diggs so now its their turn to compensate equally if they want this malcontent.

Apples and Pears. Diggs, like OBJ, is a 26 y/o in his prime on a long term contract.

Trent Williams is a formerly Elite, over 30 malcontent, that needs a whole new contract. Darius Slay, Antonio Brown, etc. are better comps for him.

Minnesota, like the Giants with OBJ, HEAVILY overpaid in cash to get back draft compensation.

Diggs signed a 5/72M contract, and now the Bills will pay him less than 50M for the remaining 4 years with MINIMAL guarantees moving forward. The Vikings paid about 24M for 1 year of Diggs!!! Think about that for a second.

Finding a contender that needs to move players with movable salaries/Roster Guarantees, Like the Vikings, is a good match for us.

11 hours ago, RWJ said:

It will be Harris and a draft pick and like I said a 3rd or 4th.  TW, regardless of the crap he's pulled has been a 7x All Pro.  

But older and frequently injured. Clearly the rest of league doesn't think he is worth what we think he is, or he thinks he is.  If the Vikes give up Harris and better than a 5th, they are crazy. The only reason they give Harris is to free up money.

This is just monumentally frustrating. I wouldn't be bothered at all if I trusted the F.O. to handle it right, but after the idiotic overpay for Allen, and undersell of Dunbar, I don't trust them at all to get this right. The F.O. needs to realize that the die hard fan base (the only part of the fan base willing to buy anything redskins related anymore whatsoever) is absolutely 1000% fine with just letting Williams pick up splinters, and get the compensatory picks in 2022 rather than trade him away for virtually nothing like they did Dunbar. We don't give a ---- about the distraction angle, we care about the compensation angle and we absolutely will only be satisfied with the F.O. (and since the fan base has shrunk by a good 75% over the past 20 years they should probably pay attention) taking the tack of either:

1. Fair compensation now (a 2nd at minimum, or a player and pick combo that carries that scale of value).

2. Him being kicked to to the bench, and held up for the next year, traded in August/September/October if an opportunity arises due to injury before the deadline

3. held up till he's a FA and we receive the obligatory compensatory pick (I get that we'd lose the '22 compensatory pick if we sign an equivalent player). 

Those are the only 3 options that the remaining fan base who gives a damn about the team (very small at this point I imagine) will tolerate. Another Dunbar-esque grand Mal stupidity trade would be grounds for burning down Redskins Park (as has pretty every GM move of the past two decades w/only rare exceptions), and would absolutely enrage the fan base, as would cutting him to rid ourselves of the annoying story being in the press. We don't care how annoying he is, we want proper compensation, or him to sit on the bench, period.

If I was confident that Rivera and the rest understood this and had the same view on the situation, I'd be absolutely sanguine about the Williams issue, but after the Dunbar and Allen moves, I have zero faith in them to have any idea how to handle anything at all (of course a cursory look at the Rivera in Carolina track record is not inspiring either which is why I wasn't happy with the hire in the first place, give me innovative, talented minds, ironically like the guy Carolina hired, I'd rather pass on the dinosaur hamster wheel of connected coaches (the same stupidity that keeps gifting guys like Gettleman and Dorsey jobs over and over after they fail again and again-the way connections, rather than talent, get people jobs in this league over and over is another reminder why I firmly believe most teams are coached, managed, and run by fools). Regardless, Id just feel a lot more comfortable if I knew w/o question that the powers that be had the same approach in mind: Fair Compensation, or he can sit until he's a free agent, period. That should be the game plan, period. 

Archived