Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

8 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Not really, it's just a mixture of a couple different rumors that have been out there already. Keim is fine but he does not ever put his neck out there on takes, so to speak, and he rarely if ever breaks news or peddles new rumors.

Yeah, and if you ever ask him a question on Twitter, he comes off as kind of a dumb dumb poopie face

9 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Not really, it's just a mixture of a couple different rumors that have been out there already. Keim is fine but he does not ever put his neck out there on takes, so to speak, and he rarely if ever breaks news or peddles new rumors.

I don't know if I even think he is "fine" anymore. He puts out more content without ever really putting out content than i have ever seen. And he does act like an ass on twitter when someone questions him. I have started to ignore his takes. If something happens, normally someone else breaks it and he just says "confirmed". 

Imagine all of the ways that this could possibly blow up in Dan and Bruce's faces and when one of them happens you don't have to pretend to be surprised.

Are they really this dumb, or are they Wile E. Coyote? Actual geniuses who have the unfortunate super power of having everyone of their great ideas blow up in their faces?

The fact that they'll argue the latter tells you all you need to know after a decade for one and two for the other.

15 hours ago, Peregrine said:

If they dont trade him in the next few weeks, I can see his play being to come back with 6 weeks left in the season.  That way, he acrues a season, gets 6 game checks, and likely will only play in 3-4 of those as he would be out of practice.  Then hes only got one season left and has the leverage to tell them if they dont trade him, he will do it again.  Its his surest path to freedom if they dont budge.

I am concerned about that too...

If that's his plan, I would love the Redskins to just sit him out or not activate him for those final games. Because if he sits out 10 games and comes back just to move the needle to the final year of his contract, **** that ****. What a dick. 

31 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

If that's his plan, I would love the Redskins to just sit him out or not activate him for those final games. Because if he sits out 10 games and comes back just to move the needle to the final year of his contract, **** that ****. What a dick. 

THIS..Keep him front getting any contact on him to claim being hurt and trade him in the off season. And YES conditioning drills all weeks he is here. Don't put him in a game, period!

47 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I get that it would suck for the Skins if he did that.  But that's about the only leverage the guy has.  It's up to management to not allow him to exercise it.

2 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Careful circumventing the profanity filters - that's a no-no in these parts. 

Huh, if that is what he posted that is not circumventing.  You can post ****  (see the filter blocked it) but you can't post partial words to get around it.

16 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I don't know about that - Trent and AP own a gym and it's no ordinary gym, as apparently that's what kept AP in football shape during his long layoff when noone wanted him.

Remember how he signed in mid-preseason last year, and he was suddenly in mid-season form ?

The place sounds very capable of getting guys in football shape.

Whattup, Mal!

You may be right but a guy AP's size and a guy Trent's size seem like different situations. 

2 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I think they’d have to pay him regardless under the rules.  

Which doesn’t mean you have to play him.

I do think it would depend on the situation. If you’re 5-5, and have a chance, it might be worth playing him.  If you’re 2-8, it probably doesn’t help anything.

I tossed this scenario out a while ago. Let’s say you just sit him, the. You try and trade him in the off-season.  However his value would be less then than it is now.  

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I do think it would depend on the situation. If you’re 5-5, and have a chance, it might be worth playing him.  If you’re 2-8, it probably doesn’t help anything.

I tossed this scenario out a while ago. Let’s say you just sit him, the. You try and trade him in the off-season.  However his value would be less then than it is now.  

That's fair...and I do agree. If somehow we are playing for something, then sure go ahead and use the asset. 

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The other question I would have would be if he has any incentives built into the contract that he may lose if e doesn't achieve certain benchmarks.

Trade him to the Raiders for a 1st and Antonio Brown🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No reason not to play him It reduces his value as teams can say he sat out a year. He is not going to tank knowing the same thing and - this is just my opinion - I think he respects his team mates more than that. You do not go onto that field unless ready to give it 100%. 

You do have to pay him. There are roster bonuses that he will lose but it's nominal in relative terms - $250k I think. 

If it gets to this point, and Bruce then tries to trade him - as you say his value will be less. Bruce missed the best opportunity to trade him. Once again, a day late and $ short. 

In fairness, if Trent comes back say by week 3 or 4, then that's a different conversation. You would have to give Bruce credit for reading the situation. Not looking likely but there is time. 

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

No reason not to play him It reduces his value as teams can say he sat out a year. He is not going to tank knowing the same thing and - this is just my opinion - I think he respects his team mates more than that. You do not go onto that field unless ready to give it 100%. 

You do have to pay him. There are roster bonuses that he will lose but it's nominal in relative terms - $250k I think. 

If it gets to this point, and Bruce then tries to trade him - as you say his value will be less. Bruce missed the best opportunity to trade him. Once again, a day late and $ short. 

In fairness, if Trent comes back say by week 3 or 4, then that's a different conversation. You would have to give Bruce credit for reading the situation. Not looking likely but there is time. 

His respect for his teammates is questionable if he lets them go out there for 10 weeks only to stroll in for the final 6 to expedite his exit. 

If he shows up, he is entitled to those game checks whether he plays or not...so that part is fine. But I'd keep him on the bench unless there's a legit chance for the team to get to the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

How well do you think you guys will do this season?

I’m usually an unabashed hopeful homer, but I can’t shake the feeling that it’s a 4-12 season with an upside of four wins. 

I can too easily imagine us starting off 1-5 and the wheels just falling off.

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

In fairness, if Trent comes back say by week 3 or 4, then that's a different conversation. You would have to give Bruce credit for reading the situation. Not looking likely but there is time

I think he’s playing by week 6. Which is the trade deadline I believe. 

I actually think you might see him week 2 or 3.  

Bruce has seemingly made it clear he isn’t going to be traded this year.  

So if he is going to come back in the end so he has a qualifying year, you might as well come back early and make as much money as possible. 

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

His respect for his teammates is questionable if he lets them go out there for 10 weeks only to stroll in for the final 6 to expedite his exit. 

If he shows up, he is entitled to those game checks whether he plays or not...so that part is fine. But I'd keep him on the bench unless there's a legit chance for the team to get to the playoffs. 

I could not disagree more. Many of you keep associating his actions for his contract to disrespect for his teammates. There may be a very small portion but overall they understand the business side of this. The issue comes if he steps on the field and does not give 100%. That is the line you don't cross. But this idea that he is disrespecting his teammates by making a contract stand is incorrect. 

Archived