Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, ShredSkins said:

Or selling a house 😁

 

Yup, my pessimistic view:


1.  Selling House

2. I would assume his kids go to school in DMV area, so bring his family back to DMV for school year.  

3. Tell Dan in person, i'm gone.

4. Retirement announcment.

 

I said up front pessimistic.  that is as about as down in the dumps as we can get i think.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So it sounds like money is part of it, and that money could change a situation that isn't about money.

So...at this point in the season, aren't we most likely done using up all the cap space that we will end up using for 2019 ? So, with that in mind, since we've got cap space to spare, why not throw in some extra money at Trent to tilt his stance, and primarily use money that goes against this year's cap ? If we're probably not going to use it anyway.

I'm not a capologist, so it's more of a question than a suggestion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, dballer said:

 

If it is indeed about the medical, that would change things a bit. 

 

If it is primarily about money...If you took the time and energy of everyone involved to negotiate a raise and contract, and then before it is up decide it isn't enough and tell them you aren't going to show up, and then let it leak that it is about the medical staff, while also leaking that it could be about money too, and not speaking publicly to explain, therefore dragging the team through mud without having the backbone to speak clearly about what the issue is...well, I would consider that disrespectful to the organization. 

 

Not sure I understand the point here since you follow it with the players are meh. I will put my own meaning here. Sorry but I could care less if the organization feels disrespected. They could care less about him or any player. They would be very willing to dump his **** if they did not need him.

 

Contracts are renegotiated all the time. I am not sure why people get hung up on this - he signed a contract. I am a corporate manger in Supply Chain (on the quality side) for a large company and we force suppliers to renegotiate contracts all the time. Just like suppliers try to raise prices on us all the time when they think they have leverage.

 

Contracts are not some sacred bond that some think them to be. Its on a piece of paper and can be reworked any time. He is taking a shot. It's part of the business, period.

 

Quote

 

As far as the players, meh. I don't think they get all that hung up on who else is out there and for what reason they are or are not out there. It is next man up, that's the NFL. If he went out and said he didn't want to play with a bunch of worthless scrubs that will never win anything, that would be disrespectful. I doubt any player is feeling disrespected that Trent is trying to either get paid/or voice displeasure about the med staff. 

 

 

 

They are tight enough that they are probably on Trent's side

 

 

 

Totally agree. Players could care less about this garbage. Other than him not being on the field it does not impact them. You play with who is there.

Edited by goskins10
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

 

You can decide that's it's disrespectful to you. But you can't determine if the players feel that way and with all due respect since you are not doing any blocking I don't care if you feel disrespected  🙂   That is truly meant as mostly a joke.   Not trying to be disrespectful...   Ok that was definitely a 100% joke....  :cheers:

 

Kidding aside all that matters really is what the players feel. And from all reports he is one of the most respected guys in the locker room. Even if it is all about money the players will mostly be on his side.

 

 

On a side note - And just talking here. Not trying to be an ass. As for your analogy - The preparations you are talking about is not valid since that is training camp for Trent as this season is the project - for which he was not present. They prepared for the project without him from the start. Had he gone through training camp then like last week bailed then your analogy would apply. But it does not here.

 

The first part is completely fair...I don't expect anyone to care if I find it disrespectful. And I'll have you know that I can block just as well as other 5'10, 165 pound 42 year olds!

 

I guess I just mean it's tough to look at this any other way than a guy who's cashed in twice (and he's earned it, so I'm not calling him lucky) is trying to tear up the final two years of his contract to cash in a third time while most of his teammates are grinding each day hoping to stay in the league. His being there could help them be successful with that. 

 

 

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So it sounds like money is part of it, and that money could change a situation that isn't about money.

So...at this point in the season, aren't we most likely done using up all the cap space that we will end up using for 2019 ? So, with that in mind, since we've got cap space to spare, why not throw in some extra money at Trent to tilt his stance, and primarily use money that goes against this year's cap ? If we're probably not going to use it anyway.

I'm not a capologist, so it's more of a question than a suggestion.

 

I think that's a great idea if, in fact, the team wanted to extend him. But a couple issues...

 

1) I think this is very much about the principle of the matter - and it should be or else you set a bad precedent

2) I don't think the team should want to be in the Trent Williams business past next year unless it's very team-friendly

 

I suppose they could add no money to his final 2 years but guarantee some of it? But I would guess that if he shows up this year's salary will already become guaranteed, right? So that's really only addressing 2020. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

The first part is completely fair...I don't expect anyone to care if I find it disrespectful. And I'll have you know that I can block just as well as other 5'10, 165 pound 42 year olds!

 

I guess I just mean it's tough to look at this any other way than a guy who's cashed in twice (and he's earned it, so I'm not calling him lucky) is trying to tear up the final two years of his contract to cash in a third time while most of his teammates are grinding each day hoping to stay in the league. His being there could help them be successful with that. 

 

 

 

As a fan yes. I get it. It bothers you - and others. I would much prefer him be here. The team is better with him than without him.  But I would be willing to bet if you asked the players, some may be mildly annoyed but would say "Hey, guy is taking care of his business. It's not up to me to judge that." 

 

I personally have no problem with him doing what he needs to do. It's just business.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Gruden was numb because he wanted to trade with the Texans (and include Peterson in the deal?????)

I can't imagine Gruden is more concerned with the future than the present considering his precarious position on the proverbial hot seat.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would expect players/teammates to support him mostly...for a couple reasons.

Football is a brotherhood and comraderie, and fellow players can relate to each other a lot more than us fans can.

Plus it wouldn't be good for team chemistry if they talk crap about his holdout, and then he returns to the team, so you don't want to burn bridges.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I would expect players/teammates to support him mostly...for a couple reasons.

Football is a brotherhood and comraderie, and fellow players can relate to each other a lot more than us fans can.

Plus it wouldn't be good for team chemistry if they talk crap about his holdout, and then he returns to the team, so you don't want to burn bridges.

 

That works right up until your star QB is broken, IMHO I think there would be resentment at that time. May not say it out loud but it's there......

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I can't imagine Gruden is more concerned with the future than the present considering his precarious position on the proverbial hot seat.

I don't see him being retained on a team with Allen at this point because even if he did want to keep Trent as well it looks like they were on different pages where Peterson was concerned.

Edited by nonniey
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I would expect players/teammates to support him mostly...for a couple reasons.

Football is a brotherhood and comraderie, and fellow players can relate to each other a lot more than us fans can.

Plus it wouldn't be good for team chemistry if they talk crap about his holdout, and then he returns to the team, so you don't want to burn bridges.

 

Agree to disagree...you used words like brotherhood, camaraderie, and chemistry to DEFEND a supposed team leader not showing up for his teammates. If they have his back, that shows respect on their part, not his. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Redskins running back Adrian Peterson said he spoke with holdout tackle Trent Williams in person last night. He said Williams was in town to "take care of some things". Peterson said he didn't know how long Williams would be in town. Nor did he want to speculate on the holdout.

 
i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
John Keim, ESPN Staff Writer13m ago
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

Redskins running back Adrian Peterson said he spoke with holdout tackle Trent Williams in person last night. He said Williams was in town to "take care of some things". Peterson said he didn't know how long Williams would be in town. Nor did he want to speculate on the holdout.

 
i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
John Keim, ESPN Staff Writer13m ago

 

On 2nd thought, after reading this report again, I take back what I said earlier.

This really isn't necessarily "news" at all. Earlier, I was just treating it like a very damp sponge, and trying to wring out of it, even just a couple drops 😁

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone remember that time in the 2013 offseason when someone on ES saw BobG3 walking in a cast at some fast food joint and everyone lost their minds? We have officially crossed the threshold where that is legitimate news for beat reporters now lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Anyone remember that time in the 2013 offseason when someone on ES saw BobG3 walking in a cast at some fast food joint and everyone lost their minds? We have officially crossed the threshold where that is legitimate news for beat reporters now lol

 

I also remember the Scot McCloughan watch where fans were sending in pics of him around town sporting Skins gear and looking like he just rolled out of bed. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I don't see him being retained on a team with Allen at this point because even if he did want to keep Trent as well it looks like they were on different pages where Peterson was concerned.

I agree and that was the point I was making that I don't think Gruden was interested in trading trent and Peterson because that would be a move towards the future and I believe all he's thinking about is the present.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, goskins10 said:

 

I believe he either comes back after this weekend (or maybe after week 2) or not at all. He either sees football being played, understands not getting a check is real and decides to play or all this is about more than money and he is resolute about not playing for Washington again. 

 

It will be interesting to see which it is. 

I think there’s a chance he comes back week 10 to make sure this year counts.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think there’s a chance he comes back week 10 to make sure this year counts.  

 

I do not see it. He either comes back early or stays the course. But both are just guesses...    🙂   We shall see!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nonniey said:

Huh, if that is what he posted that is not circumventing.  You can post ****  (see the filter blocked it) but you can't post partial words to get around it.

 

That's not what he posted, he had 3 letters and an asterisk. I've been around long enough to know that had I quoted what he actually typed, I'd be in violation too. Just helping a brother out, he's already corrected it now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

 

That's not what he posted, he had 3 letters and an asterisk. I've been around long enough to know that had I quoted what he actually typed, I'd be in violation too. Just helping a brother out, he's already corrected it now. 

OK thanks.

2 hours ago, nonniey said:

Trent Williams for Antonio Brown????(and 2 2020 1sts of course).😁

Follow up - a good selling point for this idea - don't we all want a player that would punch our GM in the face?

Edited by nonniey
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

 

I believe he either comes back after this weekend (or maybe after week 2) or not at all. He either sees football being played, understands not getting a check is real and decides to play or all this is about more than money and he is resolute about not playing for Washington again. 

 

It will be interesting to see which it is. 

I don't know. I think that Trent's ego will need a way to save face. At the same time, Bruce wants his win.

 

Sounds like a brick vs. a hard place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I don't know. I think that Trent's ego will need a way to save face. At the same time, Bruce wants his win.

 

Sounds like a brick vs. a hard place.

I could very easily see him coming back in week 10-11.  He gets his last 6 weeks in to count as a season.  He likely doesnt even have to play more than 4 games, limiting injury risk, because of him not being in game shape.  And, by that time the Redskins may be out of a playoff spot and so Williams will feel Bruce is already screwed and its a loss for Bruce.  Now if we were 6-4 at that point, he might reconsider out of spite for Bruce, but I think thats unlikely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TK changed the title to !!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up
  • TK locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...