Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

1 hour ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Nearly 200 pages and weeks of checking this thread hourly.... And zero actual news/updates. 

Sheesh. Come on, Trent. Come home already. 

Just remember that Seinfield lasted 9 seasons for 180 episodes.

And both of these are about nothing. :) 

1 hour ago, London Kev said:

If he does come back and actually plays (something I still hope will happen), then it sure will be awkward if he gets injured on the field and has to be attended to by the medical staff.

Medical Officer: "Hold still Trent, this may hurt a little bit!" 

Well, he hasn't played 16 games in quite some time, so I think it'll be a "when" rather than an "if" in your above post. 

4 minutes ago, brettstr said:

I am beginning to believe this is all a game orchestrated by Trent and others to mess with the heads of the media, tease the fans and the organization.

A childish game

I certainly wouldn't put it past Trent or his agent to be purposely sitting out Week 1 to see how the left side of the O-line performs in his absence.  If they are abused the entire game, then suddenly the front office starts upping the ante to get Trent back ASAP.  I don't think there is anyone predicting the O-line to perform particularly well this Sunday, but there is a chance they perform even worse than we are all expecting. 

Just now, NoCalMike said:

I certainly wouldn't put it past Trent or his agent to be purposely sitting out Week 1 to see how the left side of the O-line performs in his absence.  If they are abused the entire game, then suddenly the front office starts upping the ante to get Trent back ASAP.  I don't think there is anyone predicting the O-line to perform particularly well this Sunday, but there is a chance they perform even worse than we are all expecting. 

It would be amazing if the left side held its own. Then where would the Rooster fly?😉

14 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I wish the organization had a way to refuse his return so he can't get credit for the season. I don't mean if he wants to come back in week 2 or 3, but if he comes back in week 10 to hit the bare minimum of games, that would be ****ty. 

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I wish the organization had a way to refuse his return so he can't get credit for the season. I don't mean if he wants to come back in week 2 or 3, but if he comes back in week 10 to hit the bare minimum of games, that would be ****ty. 

Yeah I agree, if Trent's intent is to drag this out 10 weeks and only show up to the bare minimum in order to collect his checks, then that changes things for me.  If he is sitting out on principle (outside of the money stuff) then make a real statement by staying gone, it's not like you don't have enough money to love comfortably for your entire life already.

32 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I've thought all along that this was about Trent's beef with the organization/medical staff.  As I've said before, the vow to not play for the Redskins ever again is vastly different than "I'm not being paid enough, I want a raise and I'm holding out."  

I think you might be right in terms of Trent wanting to see how the left side of the line performs.  Trent's timing here is magnificent, it's the only thing that makes me think this is about the money and getting paid.  We draft a rookie QB, we've also got essentially a rookie RB that could benefit from running behind him.  If Trent is looking for any kind of leverage to have over the team, this timing here is not a coincidence.  

I'd love to be wrong but I really don't think he's coming back.  There doesn't seem to be any leaks from his side, meanwhile Bruce is staying positive and I think that's just a public front.

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I've thought all along that this was about Trent's beef with the organization/medical staff.  As I've said before, the vow to not play for the Redskins ever again is vastly different than "I'm not being paid enough, I want a raise and I'm holding out."  

I think you might be right in terms of Trent wanting to see how the left side of the line performs.  Trent's timing here is magnificent, it's the only thing that makes me think this is about the money and getting paid.  We draft a rookie QB, we've also got essentially a rookie RB that could benefit from running behind him.  If Trent is looking for any kind of leverage to have over the team, this timing here is not a coincidence.  

I'd love to be wrong but I really don't think he's coming back.  There doesn't seem to be any leaks from his side, meanwhile Bruce is staying positive and I think that's just a public front.

I'd rather he stay away if he's not willing to come back under the current situation. We should NOT be adding another cent to his contract and we should also NOT be firing medical staff on a whim. I really believe he wanted an extension or a trade and used some believable story about the medical staff as a way to get to this point. 

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I'd rather he stay away if he's not willing to come back under the current situation. We should NOT be adding another cent to his contract and we should also NOT be firing medical staff on a whim. I really believe he wanted an extension or a trade and used some believable story about the medical staff as a way to get to this point. 

Yeah, I don't want him if he doesn't want to be here.  

But if he wanted an extension, why not just ask for it like a normal football player would?  What good agent would be like "....hey, I think I've got a solution here.  Remember that growth on your head?  Yeah, we're going to say that you were really unhappy with the way the medical staff handled it.  No, they'll really understand that I'm asking for an extension and more money here..."

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, I don't want him if he doesn't want to be here.  

But if he wanted an extension, why not just ask for it like a normal football player would?  What good agent would be like "....hey, I think I've got a solution here.  Remember that growth on your head?  Yeah, we're going to say that you were really unhappy with the way the medical staff handled it.  No, they'll really understand that I'm asking for an extension and more money here..."

That's fair, I don't know. Maybe it's the optics of being one of the few guys in the league who have been fortunate enough to cash in on TWO large contracts yet still wanting more? Even if you just look at his current contract, he's eaten up all the guarantees that he got paid out in the first 3 years and would now immediately be asking for more with 2 years remaining. If he understands that he might look pretty greedy there, he may want another reason to "hold out" from the team? 

For all we know the original beef could have been a combination of things, but he has been talked to about some stuff and now he is focusing on the money/extension.  That would be pure speculation, but just saying it is possible.  The situation didn't start like it would normally would had it always just been about money.  In those cases it is pretty clear cut, say like Zeke's situation.  

Nothing in this organization feels transparent, and this is just the next instance of that. 

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

That's fair, I don't know. Maybe it's the optics of being one of the few guys in the league who have been fortunate enough to cash in on TWO large contracts yet still wanting more? Even if you just look at his current contract, he's eaten up all the guarantees that he got paid out in the first 3 years and would now immediately be asking for more with 2 years remaining. If he understands that he might look pretty greedy there, he may want another reason to "hold out" from the team? 

That's possible, too.  All I know for sure is that the situation is weird and I don't like it.

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

This is exactly what I was thinking as well. If he wants to sit he shouldn't get credit for the year by coming back for the bare minimum of games. I could see that pissing off teammates as well, even ones who have been relatively understanding up until now. That would be a really bad look for him IMO. I hope there's a way for the team to refuse it so he doesn't get credit. 

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

This is exactly what I was thinking as well. If he wants to sit he shouldn't get credit for the year by coming back for the bare minimum of games. I could see that pissing off teammates as well, even ones who have been relatively understanding up until now. That would be a really bad look for him IMO. I hope there's a way for the team to refuse it so he doesn't get credit. 

I've thought about it and I'm sure there isn't anything they could do. I bet there was a reason that 6 games was collectively bargained and I would doubt that there's much wiggle room. He's still leaving more than half his money on the table, but he will get credit and be one year closer to free agency. 

Barring a trade (which I wish would have happened already), I'd be perfectly fine with the Redskins moving him to guard or sitting him out all of next year if he pulls that crap. 

1 hour ago, brettstr said:

I am beginning to believe this is all a game orchestrated by Trent and others to mess with the heads of the media, tease the fans and the organization.

A childish game

Lol, I've been saying this for awhile...lol. I don't even think he's been medically cleared yet

8 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Lol, I've been saying this for awhile...lol. I don't even think he's been medically cleared yet

I was thinking this same thing...if he was that close to retirement he wouldn't have let anyone know outside his family about it..turns out its not career ending, him the brass/medical staff called .. truce? and hes been medically now..and hes back for the Dallass game..I hope.

It would make more sense to have showed up for camp if Trent was dealing with medical issues that would prevent him from being cleared to play.  He wouldn't have to practice or play, but he would not be fined or miss any game checks.

I think it is safe to say that the reason he is not reporting is that he wants to be traded or released.  Short of that, he wants an extension.  I certainly don't think  he is doing any of this just to mess with the media.

11 hours ago, Nerm said:

It would make more sense to have showed up for camp if Trent was dealing with medical issues that would prevent him from being cleared to play.  He wouldn't have to practice or play, but he would not be fined or miss any game checks.

I think it is safe to say that the reason he is not reporting is that he wants to be traded or released.  Short of that, he wants an extension.  I certainly don't think  he is doing any of this just to mess with the media.

I think it has been said pretty much here  Trent was treated pretty well by management. Seems to me he is taking advantage of allegedly 1 mistake by medical staff. I will spell it out. 

Ungrateful Spoiled Brat

Archived