Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up


Recommended Posts

I too am hoping Bruce throws him a little money maybe guarantee the existing contract and proclaim the contract squabble resolved to help divert from the awkwardness of the same trainers tending to him again this year.
 

Doing my part to get to 200 before kickoff - c'mon lets do this!!!1!

giphy.gif

 

And someone tell me Dan finally addressed the ice skating rink surrounding our green painted dirt field.  I have never seen players at other fields wipe out like our guys do in our home stadium. Let me take this fine moment to be the first to predict at the first chance our equipment guy will have the wrong cleats in a weather impacted game this year.

Edited by RandyHolt
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I still want to trade him but I am gathering that's not happening.

 

So my guess is he comes back next week.  Too much emphasis I think on how he won't be here for week 1 as opposed to not coming period.  but who knows, just a guess.  

The Bruce conversation said something to the affect of 'why didn't you request a trade before FA'... basically stating that the way TW went about the whole thing was not acceptable and there was noway they were going to trade him now.  That's where I can see TW coming back and playing out the year, then getting traded next year.  That would be fine also.  I lost all respect for TW and frankly don't care if he ever plays for the Skins again.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hoover-ball said:

I feel like the team is planning on week 1 being a final warm up game before the season starts to work out the kinks and are expecting to lose.

In all my years of being a fan of the game I have never heard such a pessimistic week 1 outlook from any fan, of any team. Cmon guys...... Really ?

 

giphy.gif

Edited by JoeJacobyHOForRIOT
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

But how long does the process take to get medical clearance from the NFL...with the assumption the player is healthy enough ?

No clue. Since all there is is assumptions in this thread, mine is he's still not medically cleared by his personal doctors. We already know he wasnt medically cleared at the start of camp, and we also know he recently had another surgery, so...

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

In all my years of being a fan of the game I have never heard such a pessimistic week 1 outlook from any fan, of any team. Cmon guys...... Really ?

 

giphy.gif

 

 

Unfortunately I share the sentiment.  For years now we see jay Gruden's teams come out flat and unprepared for the opener, but at least we had Trent Williams. Now we have Penn and Flowers, who i still can't believe is our starting left guard, facing one of the most aggressive pass rushes in the league. I don't see any chance this team wins this game or more than 5-6 all year.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

 

 

Unfortunately I share the sentiment.  For years now we see jay Gruden's teams come out flat and unprepared for the opener, but at least we had Trent Williams. Now we have Penn and Flowers, who i still can't believe is our starting left guard, facing one of the most aggressive pass rushes in the league. I don't see any chance this team wins this game or more than 5-6 all year.  

 

I view it similarly...however, it doesn't dictate my actions or my approach to the season. 

 

I said a long time ago that football is meant to be entertainment. I don't find it entertaining to convince myself (and others) that everything is hopeless and that we're on the doorstep of four straight months of failure (for the record, not saying you are doing this, just talking in general). So I remain optimistic, look for real, valid reasons the team could surprise, "any given Sunday" and all that lol...I enjoy envisioning things working out far more than envisioning things falling apart.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

 

I view it similarly...however, it doesn't dictate my actions or my approach to the season. 

 

I said a long time ago that football is meant to be entertainment. I don't find it entertaining to convince myself (and others) that everything is hopeless and that we're on the doorstep of four straight months of failure (for the record, not saying you are doing this, just talking in general). So I remain optimistic, look for real, valid reasons the team could surprise, "any given Sunday" and all that lol...I enjoy envisioning things working out far more than envisioning things falling apart.

 

Well I certainly don't want to temper your enthusiasm, that was not my intent.  But this place is for posting opinions and my opinion is a blow out today and 5-11. I find it's best to manage expecations with this team, it makes the inevitable easier to take.

 

Thank you Mr Snyder. Thank you for taking what little hope I had away from me.  The fan base has spoken, so naturally he does the opposite and gives Bruce yet more power.  My only consolation is these defeats sting him far worse than they do me.  I"m a bit numb to it now, the Red Zone Channel will be my focus.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

 

That it could be worse lol...much worse.

True.  Neither Gruden brother having the time of their lives.

 

The Steelers are huge where I am, even though they are 4 hours away and there are 3 other teams much closer.  My feed was filled with Steelers fans gloating all week about how they stiffed the Raiders.  They are real quiet right now knowing they have to go through him.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

True.  Neither Gruden brother having the time of their lives.

 

The Steelers are huge where I am, even though they are 4 hours away and there are 3 other teams much closer.  My feed was filled with Steelers fans gloating all week about how they stiffed the Raiders.  They are real quiet right now knowing they have to go through him.

 

I'm waiting for @Bang to put out a cartoon featuring Jon and Jay and their parallel troubles lol...yep, not a good week for the Grudens.

 

 

10 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

He’s  connecting invisible dots

 

Good memory lol...

 

9eM76fsFaT-14.png.a665e9376196bb1dfb3d56cbb2acf136.png

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2019 at 4:46 PM, Gibbit said:

I don't understand why he blew anything. Teams that wanted/needed him 5 days ago probably still do. Show me the money...say it

because Houston inquired about a trade and we didn't solicit one and were not interested....And no they still don't need as Houston gave up two 1st rd and a 2nd rd pick for LT Tunsil.  Houston doesn't need Trent now....blew it!   Just like Gruden and company blew the Philly game today and I stated that we would need AP and making him inactive would cost us.  AP is a better runner than Guise and we could have used him after being up 17-0.  Same old correctable mistakes and excuses every year with the same blown leads and losses.   Gruden has won 35 games in his 6 years and Pedersen and the Eagles have won 30 under him in his 3 years.   When is enough, enough?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

 

No question about it, Skins still have some leverage here.

 

And Trent would look damn good right now in Burgundy or in Brown.

It may have been even pre-camp that this announcer on NFL Network was pointing out that a weakness he really saw on the Brown's was at LT.   I say trade Trent to the Brown's for no less then a 1st. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TK changed the title to !!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up
  • TK locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...