Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread


Impeachment  

198 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?



Recommended Posts

Sean Davis is a ****ing moron. I get that his job is to produce propaganda for the GOP but he can't even do that effectively.

 

Pointing to THIS DOJ (which exists to protect the mob boss we have as President) as evidence that this complaint is a hoax is a total joke. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, twa said:

 

The ICIG identified him as a supporter of one of Trumps opponents in the election......would you think that makes him neutral or a Trump supporter??

:pint:

 

 

Supporting a political opponent in an election does not make you derelict in your duties in your actual job.  I am sure the CEO of the company I work voted for a different candidate than I did.  Does that mean I am actively working to destroy the company? 

 

Come on TWA. Dude. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kevin Williamson might be the only conservative writer with a functioning brain. Here's his take, in which he doesn't even really try to defend this other than to say that Democrats have been trying to impeach Trump from day 1 (which is questionable, and the guy has deserved impeachment from day 1).

 

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/09/trump-impeachment-inquiry-democrats-refuse-to-accept-republican-electoral-victory/

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

What else did the ICIG find?

 

 

I suspect we will be hearing from him soon....if the braying jackasses can quit speachifying during his testimony long enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, twa said:

 

The ICIG identified him as a supporter of one of Trumps opponents in the election......would you think that makes him neutral or a Trump supporter??

:pint:

 

Who made him ICIG? Who did he support, that traitor Cruz? Heard his dad helped kill Kennedy.

Edited by RedskinsFan44
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The NYT just pretty much outed the whistleblowers identity. Not linking to it because it’s completely shameful and can be added to a long list of terrible editorial decisions at the paper. 

 

They do this but the “I am resistance in the Trump admin” dude who wrote that op-Ed is still protected. F them. 

Edited by No Excuses
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

31 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Oooooooh sorry, no. The answer that we were looking for is “credible”...

 

The ICIG found that the concerns were credible.

 

In the context of worth looking at , not in the context they are true.

 

the tweet above illustrates one of his claims is not very credible

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

But his transcripts...

 

It’s also typical talking point obfuscation. We don’t know if all transcripts, regardless of their political sensitivity were neatly locked up and hid from scrutiny. It would be pretty easy to disprove this. 

 

Something, something about getting ahead of the facts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We should be so glad that Donald Trump is concerned about corruption around the world.  Though not in the Philippines, where Duerte is encouraging extrajudicial killings by hit squads.  Not in Saudi Arabia, where the crown prince has a U.S. based journalist kidnapped, killed, and cut up.  Not in North Korea, where anybody who dares dissent with the Dear Leader is shipped off to detention camps to be worked to death. Not in Russia, where his friend Vladimir has invaded Ukraine and forcibly taken territory from its neighbor. 

 

Trump says he's concerned about corruption.  But Trump's concern is oddly focused  The ONLY supposed corruption he seems concerned about involves Biden.  It's the only "corruption" he mentions to Zelensky.  Its the only corruption he's ever talked about.

 

Donald Trump is a sleazy embarrassment to the office of the Presidency and to the nation.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dan T. said:

Trump says he's concerned about corruption.  But Trump's concern is oddly focused  The ONLY supposed corruption he seems concerned about involves Biden.  It's the only "corruption" he mentions to Zelensky.  Its the only corruption he's ever talked about.

 

Donald Trump is a sleazy embarrassment to the office of the Presidency and to the nation.

 

Zelensky needed help draining the Ukrainian swamp!  For real though, I thought the same thing, kind of odd how Trump is suddenly taking up the topic of corruption around the world....except he's not, and any reasonable person knows he's not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a moderately conservative person.  And I believe that the Russia Investigation was, for the most part, a witch hunt that cost our nation millions of dollars.  And I believe that the majority of television news outlets have a distinct liberal bias.  And I believe that the vast majority of national newspaper hold the same bias. And I believe that President Trump is targeted by these news outlets and newpapers, although I'm not a supporter of Trump.

 

Most importantly for the purposes of today, I also believe that, if even 10% of the allegations from that whistleblower complaint are true, articles of impeachment should be prepared by the House, post-haste, and the Senate should vote to remove President Trump from office.  This appears to be a clear violation of the law, and it also appears this time there was actually be a real crime to cover-up, not simply just a bunch of bumbling fools making themselves look guilty.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

I'm a moderately conservative person.  And I believe that the Russia Investigation was, for the most part, a witch hunt that cost our nation millions of dollars.  And I believe that the majority of television news outlets have a distinct liberal bias.  And I believe that the vast majority of national newspaper hold the same bias. And I believe that President Trump is targeted by these news outlets and newpapers, although I'm not a supporter of Trump.

 

Most importantly for the purposes of today, I also believe that, if even 10% of the allegations from that whistleblower complaint are true, articles of impeachment should be prepared by the House, post-haste, and the Senate should vote to remove President Trump from office.  This appears to be a clear violation of the law, and it also appears this time there was actually be a real crime to cover-up, not simply just a bunch of bumbling fools making themselves look guilty.

 

This isn't completely disconnected from the Russia investigation:

 

The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike … I guess you have one of your wealthy people… The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you are surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it’s very important that you do it if that’s possible.

 

This isn't just about Biden. It also seems to be about trying to push the conspiracy theory that Russia didn't hack the DNC. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PF Chang said:

 

This isn't just about Biden. It also seems to be about trying to push the conspiracy theory that Russia didn't hack the DNC. 

 

Well, based on everything I've heard (much of which I've disregarded as unreliable), Russia did, in fact, hack the DNC.  The fact the Trump has taken the position that Russia was uninvolved is more a symptom of his ego (i.e. a powerful nation did not actually do something that could be construed to have helped me win), because he needs to have people believe that his victory was solely the result of his unmatched political brilliance and wizardry.  And no, that doesn't mean Hillary would have would have won absent Russia's interference.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Though not in the Philippines, where Duerte is encouraging extrajudicial killings by hit squads.  Not in Saudi Arabia, where the crown prince has a U.S. based journalist kidnapped, killed, and cut up.  Not in North Korea, where anybody who dares dissent with the Dear Leader is shipped off to detention camps to be worked to death. Not in Russia, where his friend Vladimir has invaded Ukraine and forcibly taken territory from its neighbor. 

 

You forgot about Washington DC, where Trump owns a hotel where favor can be curried by giving money directly to the President's business.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The NYT just pretty much outed the whistleblowers identity. Not linking to it because it’s completely shameful and can be added to a long list of terrible editorial decisions at the paper. 

 

They do this but the “I am resistance in the Trump admin” dude who wrote that op-Ed is still protected. F them. 

I'd bet that gets him killed now. Sad what the Times has become.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

his comments about the whistleblower alone is an impeachable offense by itself (obstruction, witness tampering, threatening a whistleblower - 3 laws broken), but hes lowered the bar so low, its just 1 of many things being looked at for impeachment now. crazy times

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

And I believe that the Russia Investigation was, for the most part, a witch hunt that cost our nation millions of dollars. 

I'm glad that you're keeping an open mind on this new investigation, but im so tired of this argument. The gov't acquired more money than the entire cost from just 1 person alone because of the investigation. aside from the $, over 30 people were convicted of crimes, and even trump was shown to have committed crimes in the report (the media forgets to mention this a lot), but mueller said he couldnt convict a sitting president.. thats some "witch hunt" 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...