Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

2 hours ago, Destino said:

If it’s true they began hiding transcripts in a more secure system in direct response to those transcripts being leaked to the press, that could easily end up helping Trump.  Right now the narrative is, in part, that Trump hid this specific phone call.  It makes him look guilty.  If it was just one of many hidden specifically in response to a security concern (leaks to the press), then they’ll have some room to spin it as a reasonable course of action.

Agree with you.  

If they did this with every POTUS conversation, then it's not a coverup, it's routine executive security procedures.  

Good news is, I would certainly assume that, being a codeword-classified storage system, there certainly ought to be lots of logs and checks and balances on every thing that went in, or out, accessed, modified, deleted, when, by whom, . . . 

I would certainly hope that it's not some case of "well, if two Trump appointees enter their asswords, then the logs just disappear or get altered."  I would hope that, by attempting t hide the evidence, they actually put it in a place where evidence tampering becomes a lot tougher.  

2 minutes ago, twa said:m a bit confused at her assertion about possibly violating a previous executive order.....POTUS can revoke,amend or change a predecessors EO at will.

Am I missing something???

Maybe they have to actually revoke it.  If left in place it’s still law???

Just now, HOF44 said:

Maybe they have to actually revoke it.  If left in place it’s still law???

it is not law, it is a directive from POTUS....not binding on future presidents

If Trump directed them to secure the information in a different manner the previous directive is overridden.

Trying to understand how it is considered a good thing or a better thing if the President hides all his conversations with world leaders in these extra super-duper high secret servers which are designed to protect the nation's most sensitive info. I mean what is he doing/expressing that he feels that degree of paranoia over?

I mean if Ukraine is an example of why he's using super-duper secret security for these conversations then the fact that they're doing this should be ringing alarm bells. Given the degree of corruption and emoluments abuse, I suspect the reason he's hiding these conversations is similar to the reason he's hiding his tax returns.

Just now, twa said:

it is not law, it is a directive from POTUS....not binding on future presidents

If Trump directed them to secure the information in a different manner the previous directive is overridden.

Then what was all that signing he did on tv his first few days revoking the EO and that EO Obama had put in place?  I think it’s law unless the new potus changes or repeals it.  

4 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

Then what was all that signing he did on tv his first few days revoking the EO and that EO Obama had put in place?  I think it’s law unless the new potus changes or repeals it.  

Revoking is formally removing it.

A public display is not needed, only a order from POTUS.

This should put a rest to all the armchair expertise on how call transcripts are stored and handled.

Four former U.S. officials — including aides in previous administrations and the Trump administration — said they were not aware of any calls that did not contain highly classified information being housed in this type of storage system. One former Trump administration official said such calls were sometimes kept on the “high side,” only available to aides with high clearances and separate laptops, but not the secure system the whistleblower alleges was used. “Never heard of anything like that,” said this official, who was privy to some of Trump’s calls with foreign leaders. 

13 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

This should put a rest to all the armchair expertise on how call transcripts are stored and handled.

Why would it unless those aides were familiar with the changes made after previous leaks?

Archived