Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

The more Trumpism becomes the norm, the less we will have intelligent and qualified  people like Fiona Hill work for the government.

Just like they did with climate science and a host of science policy issues, foreign policy and election security are the next victims of the GOPs slide towards the party of low-grade conspiracy theorists and bottom feeders.

ah, i love the smell of napalm in the morning

and the idea of devin nunes playing go fetch with ramsay bolton's doggies

fiona hill's statement suggests a very interesting day and something i've long been waiting for and hope to see---someone smart and aggressive with a real spine going after the ignorant and/or nutter and/or serial-lying pieces of **** that are the gop senators and representatives (and the vast majority of the party) for their traitorous conspiracy theory bs they use to hide their 100% dedication to crazy-plus-corruption and being the party of putin

i do occasionally anger my way into a sentiment of **** 'em all, inc all the "good ones" who with their self-centered dumbass denial are very culpable for many decades of helping to support this ignorant,  bigoted, crooked, crazy, malevolent, and simply terminally dysfunctional mass of morons 

11 hours ago, Jumbo said:

ya know when i'm having my genghis/josef/pol moments, i always have  on my list all the people, big (owners, on-air talent etc. ) and small (consumers, etc), who give their loyal support to fox news, breitbart, and a half dozen or so of the rigthwing radios guys (rush, savage, um, jizzbag, dungface, i forget the others) and all their helpers in any form....but even were the desire made manifest, there would be very negative practical consequences that would be an issue for everyone...so many roles suddenly absent performers...lots of job openings but all kinds of chaos, even calamities (one of them must be an. airline pilot) ...i'm not gonna do it...

Well... just in case you were to... you know... get some ideas.... I'm not saying I'm not available....

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Well... just in case you were to... you know... get some ideas.... I'm not saying I'm not available....

nah, i'm all talk since i found out that the jacket a certain federal agency has on me is code-named "Lex Lector"

8 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Manufactured reality courtesy of the Ministry of Truth:

1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instructional manual. 

They are keying in on the question from Turner where he said nobody specifically told him the Ukraine aid was tied to the investigations. 

That's what they are running with. It was all over right wing news yesterday as the complete exoneration and grand slam for Trump. 

5 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The more Trumpism becomes the norm, the less we will have intelligent and qualified  people like Fiona Hill work for the government.

I know people that left their govt job or are trying to because of how things have been under this administration 

it’s not a difference in ideology. It’s a difference in competence and motives. People who work in those agencies will know what I’m talking about. 

it’s going to require a lot of effort to repair that damage. 

53 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i do occasionally anger my way into a sentiment of **** 'em all, inc all the "good ones" who with their self-centered dumbass denial are very culpable for many decades of helping to support this ignorant,  bigoted, crooked, crazy, malevolent, and simply terminally dysfunctional mass of morons 

I live in this space daily

you get used to it and eventually realize it’s the correct space to live in. 

which makes you angrier. 

ok another question for those more in-tune with the senate. the generally commentary i've heard is "The house will impeach but the senate will not remove"

so 67 members have to vote to remove. I feel like the 45 democrats are all going to be a yes if we get that far, which means we would need 23 of the 53 republicans to vote yes. Just under half.

A realize this is likely a really stupid question but - are those 23 votes unobtainable? I get there is a % of current senators that would never vote against rump, but is it over 50%? 

The reason I'm confused with the sentiment is that generally speaking I feel like our opinions are formed based on the extreme ends of things being loud and creating the narrative. So this idea that "no republicans will vote to remove" feels like it's based on a small % (less than 50) being measured that way and that projected on the rest.

I get that, generally speaking, the GOP is in lockstep whereas the democrats rarely are. I also understand the GOP memebers have, for the most part, been against this whole thing so far. But I also feel like being at a point in time where the senate is voting to remove from office (Which means he's already been impeached) is different than where we are now or how we got here... Kind of like I how I think 2020 general polling in November of 2019 is, at best, not really meaningful - too much time to change minds, and it's easy to say in a poll in 2019 how you feel but it's different to walk into a voting booth on election day and actually cast a vote...

Just now, Dan T. said:

Trump didn't know that Kiev is in Urkraine.

We can put this at the top of the "least surprising pieces of information obtained from this whole thing" list...

Part of me sees the uber-Trump defenders as no different (loyalty-wise) than true believers of any other candidate/elected official/President.  The major difference is that Trump is so awful and unqualified that the specific things his true believers have to constantly defend are so out of the realm of normalcy that it comes off 100000000x worse. 

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

ok another question for those more in-tune with the senate. the generally commentary i've heard is "The house will impeach but the senate will not remove"

so 67 members have to vote to remove. I feel like the 45 democrats are all going to be a yes if we get that far, which means we would need 23 of the 53 republicans to vote yes. Just under half.

A realize this is likely a really stupid question but - are those 23 votes unobtainable? I get there is a % of current senators that would never vote against rump, but is it over 50%? 

The reason I'm confused with the sentiment is that generally speaking I feel like our opinions are formed based on the extreme ends of things being loud and creating the narrative. So this idea that "no republicans will vote to remove" feels like it's based on a small % (less than 50) being measured that way and that projected on the rest.

They have stuck by him even though he is an obvious rapist and racist, political corruption to destroy a democracy from within probably doesnt even register.

I'm not sold all dems will vote to remove. I dont trust Joe Manchin to do the right thing. He will vote with the repubs to allow him to stay and it will be somehow hailed as bipartisant supporr for the president

I fully expect a Senate vote to fall two votes short, McTurtle will allow some to vote for it that are in iffy states to help their reelection chances, but the outcome is not in doubt. I'd be surprised if Mitch didn't already have a list and agreements from the Senate Rs as to how they'll vote no matter what is presented.

Archived