Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

11 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

What happened?

He was talking about how the GOP have been completely silent on all of the **** Trump has done to try and convince everyone that Russia didn't actually do anything, but now they're all "concerned" and loud about a debunked Ukraine conspiracy theory and pretending to be all upset about its implications for our national security, etc. 

He said "They were SILENT" and basically yelled the word. He was heated up. 

14 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Wait, so the defense is allowed to have strategy sessions with the jury?

Every Senator who attends that meeting ought to recuse themselves. There can’t possibly be an ethical way Senators can conspire with the White House on a defense or narrative and be considered impartial. 

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Every Senator who attends that meeting ought to recuse themselves. There can’t possibly be an ethical way Senators can conspire with the White House on a defense or narrative and be considered impartial. 

Ethical? ETHICAL??

Image result for playoffs? PLAYOFFS?

Lindsey Graham already setting the tone that the Senate Trial on whether to remove Trump or not will have nothing to do with..........Trump.

Also, let's see how concerned the GOP is about supposed "hearsay" when it comes to this Biden nonsense.  "We read about it on Brietbart.....that is plenty evidence enough for me!"

Not to mention that is pretty telling that Pompeo refuses to testify during the House impeachment hearings, but is more than happy to send the Senate whatever documents they want. 

I was too young to really remember the details of the Clinton impeachment other than the general outliers and main information by the end of it, but I will say something that has bugged me about the current proceedings is how this has been treated by the GOP like a criminal trial in which they are defense lawyers.  The impeachment inquiry should merely be about information gathering.  Get all the information you can about all aspects of the situation, then after the proceedings end, gather it all up and make your decision.  Instead the GOP was just there to defend Trump by repeating conspiracy theories and babble about nothing in-particularly.  This whole "nothing but hearsay"  defense that was repeated over and over is absolutely disingenuous and they all know that, but they also know that folks who support Trump will hear that word being used over and over, it will make an imprint in their mind and they will turn around and go repeated it as well.   The problem with that defense is that when you work in the gov't or just about any other organization in the world, there is a hierarchy.  When the Boss/CEO/President etc etc wants something done they rarely if ever send out an email to the entire company to say it first hand.  They go through their advisers and top level employees who figure out how to shape the messaging, then they go down to upper management, who further modify the message and so on and so on.  That doesn't make what all these folks are testifying to hearsay, it means they were getting information and directives that originated from the top that sounded troubling and problematic, and then the complaints/concerns began at the lower levels and worked their way back up the chain. 

13 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Lindsey Graham already setting the tone that the Senate Trial on whether to remove Trump or not will have nothing to do with..........Trump.

Also, let's see how concerned the GOP is about supposed "hearsay" when it comes to this Biden nonsense.  "We read about it on Brietbart.....that is plenty evidence enough for me!"

Not to mention that is pretty telling that Pompeo refuses to testify during the House impeachment hearings, but is more than happy to send the Senate whatever documents they want. 

I'm curious how the Senate Republicans will react if they subpoena the Bidens and they ignore them. Will the GOP suddenly become upset about people not following subpoena orders?

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”

- Isaac Asimov

A consistent theme of US democracy throughout the countries history. Not sure how long it’s sustainable in the Internet Age which disproportionately elevates BS.

9 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”

- Isaac Asimov

A consistent theme of US democracy throughout the countries history. Not sure how long it’s sustainable in the Internet Age which disproportionately elevates BS.

If anything the internet feeds and re-enforces it. 

14 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

- Isaac Asimov

Oh yeah? Was he speaking Russian or Yiddish when he said that? He was an immigrant you know? But here’s the most explosive information that my investigation has uncovered: in 2006 he was secretly recognized as a “great immigrant” by the liberal propagandist Carnegie Institute. The same year as guess who... that’s right. George Mother****in’ Soros!!!

https://www.carnegie.org/awards/great-immigrants/2006-great-immigrants/

Im done here.

40 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Oh yeah? Was he speaking Russian or Yiddish when he said that? He was an immigrant you know? But here’s the most explosive information that my investigation has uncovered: in 2006 he was secretly recognized as a “great immigrant” by the liberal propagandist Carnegie Institute. The same year as guess who... that’s right. George Mother****in’ Soros!!!

https://www.carnegie.org/awards/great-immigrants/2006-great-immigrants/

Im done here.

CHECKMATE, LIBTARDS.

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

The defendant spent a few hours with several of the jurors from his upcoming trial, to discuss how to most effectively prevent the jury from convicting the accused.  

Of Obstruction of Justice.  

6 minutes ago, clietas said:

Ambassador to the EU would be a sweet gig. Travel Europe on the taxpayers dimes.

But if you're a multi millionaire or a billionaire that's not really an incentive. 

He can travel to Europe on that million dollars quite a few times too.

I have to assume that its about the prestige but how much is there for an ambassador?

11 minutes ago, redskinss said:

But if you're a multi millionaire or a billionaire that's not really an incentive. 

He can travel to Europe on that million dollars quite a few times too.

I have to assume that its about the prestige but how much is there for an ambassador?

Rich people can be as cheap as anyone. Why spend your own when you can spend someone elses?

Prestige sure. Influence, access, benefits, ect. Definitely appealing.

Oh and of course diplomatic immunity. 😈

Archived