Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Holmes bringing the heat. It’s sad to see these qualified professional public and civil servants have to go through this process. 

These people are heroes. 

This is going to be the most heated questioning. Neither of these people are backing down from saying this **** is exactly what dems say it is and that its wrong. Repubs are not gonna let that go without a fight. 

5 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

I fully expect a Senate vote to fall two votes.

It’s not about the senate vote. It’s about the 2020 vote. I live in a deep red area, and I’m telling you this stuff is damaging to him. 

There is no doubt in my mind that it is affecting him in the Rust Belt and other important states. 

The truth won’t set them all free. But I think it will let go of enough of them to tip the apple cart.

These two witnesses seem like they aren't here for the GOP nonsense, and they aren't going to try and parse words.  Seems like some of the previous witnesses were trying to be so overly careful because they were afraid of accidentally implementing themselves or come off like they were hiding things they knew. 

31 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

I fully expect a Senate vote to fall two votes short, McTurtle will allow some to vote for it that are in iffy states to help their reelection chances, but the outcome is not in doubt. I'd be surprised if Mitch didn't already have a list and agreements from the Senate Rs as to how they'll vote no matter what is presented.

I believe this is what will happen

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I believe this is what will happen

To be honest though, if Trump only comes 2 votes short of being removed I think that is going to have impact going forward.  It is still going to show a lot of people that even some GOP members felt his conduct was bad enough to be removed.  At this point, the way the GOP acts and talks publicly, falling only 2 votes short would feel like a minor victory. 

Seems like Fiona Hill & David Hill aren't going to be messing around with the "well....we had no idea what they were talking about at the time" excuse.  They are pretty much saying straight up, the military aid was held up, it was wrong, and we all know exactly what was going on. 

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Seems like Fiona Hill & David Hill aren't going to be messing around with the "well....we had no idea what they were talking about at the time" excuse.  They are pretty much saying straight up, the military aid was held up, it was wrong, and we all know exactly what was going on. 

Yeah, they're not hemming and hawing like Sondland. Curious how the GOPers will attack them. 99% chance they ask Holmes if the wine impaired his judgement. As for Hill...I have no clue. She seems pretty spotless. The fact that she has an accent and is therefor a doggun furuner will be anathema to the Trump base, but the GOP will know to be careful about painting her that way publicly. I feel like they're going to fail spectacularly with the questioning of both of them.

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

They are both presenting themselves as imminently professional and devoid of participating in political bull**** games 

Makes me feel better that even with the ****stain running the country, these types still exist. Now we must do what we can to help them before they can be purged out

GOP questions:

• - How many times have you met the President
  • - Were you on the calls themselves
  • - I notice you have an accent, are your loyalties really to America
  • - So the President didn't personally tell you himself that he was attempting to bribe Ukraine

CIRCUS!

6 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Makes me feel better that even with the ****stain running the country, these types still exist. Now we must do what we can to help them before they can be purged out

It also makes it clear why Trump doesn't want these kinds of people in these positions and want unqualified idiots like Sondland there. 

I have the CSPAN feed on at work, so when the hearings are on recess they will do their usual caller segments, and wow some of the people calling in on the GOP line do nothing but repeat the exact things said by Nunes or aired on Hannity.  "Nothing but heresay, zero evidence." I am not beyond admitting that sometimes Dem supporters can be the same way, but wow some of these folks defending the President still are so deep in the woods. 

Archived