Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

2 minutes ago, clietas said:

Rich people can be as cheap as anyone. Why spend your own when you can spend someone elses?

Prestige sure. Influence, access, benefits, ect. Definitely appealing.

Oh and of course diplomatic immunity. 😈

Spending a million dollars seems like a hefty chunk of money to pay to get some 'free' trips.  That part is definitely thinking too small.  When you're rich, you don't see money as an end of its own, but a means to an end.  It's the power that is important, and large enough quantities of money can certainly buy that.

2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Spending a million dollars seems like a hefty chunk of money to pay to get some 'free' trips.  That part is definitely thinking too small.  When you're rich, you don't see money as an end of its own, but a means to an end.  It's the power that is important, and large enough quantities of money can certainly buy that.

Yeah I think it's the power, influence, and connections. If you're an ambassador you'll get to meet plenty of other rich people who want to do you favors and who will be quite generous business partners once you're done with your sweet gig (or while you're still there, if it's the Trump admin). You'll meet international business connections that you might not have ever met otherwise. Especially if it's a big ambassadorship like EU. You'll also make plenty of connections inside government in case you need to grease the wheels later on. It's all really skeevy IMO, but unfortunately it's basically SOP now. 

22 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

No one buying it. Tap dance your ass out of here.

I'd argue that GOPers like Hurd are actually worse than Nunes and Jordan in some ways. He has a reputation for at least some amount of independent thought and gravitas. Anyone who doesn't spend the majority of their day on Breitbart and InfoWars knows that Nunes and Jordan came straight out of a broken down clown car. But with a guy like Hurd lending credence to their stupid conspiracy theories and inane defenses of Trump, it makes things that much worse because it can make it almost seem potentially legit. He can **** right off with that noise. 

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I'd argue that GOPers like Hurd are actually worse than Nunes and Jordan in some ways. He has a reputation for at least some amount of independent thought and gravitas. Anyone who doesn't spend the majority of their day on Breitbart and InfoWars knows that Nunes and Jordan came straight out of a broken down clown car. But with a guy like Hurd lending credence to their stupid conspiracy theories and inane defenses of Trump, it makes things that much worse because it can make it almost seem potentially legit. He can **** right off with that noise. 

Lending credibility cause he wants to be President but his actions should disqualify him from ever being President. Dude's nuts if he think Republicans trying to elect someone who's black and "moderate"?

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

But if you're a multi millionaire or a billionaire that's not really an incentive. 

He can travel to Europe on that million dollars quite a few times too.

I have to assume that its about the prestige but how much is there for an ambassador?

“Who you know” is always valuable.  The prestige is a big deal for people with money, don’t dismiss that. but the added benefit of personally getting to know and working with decision makers all over Europe would be tremendously valuable.  

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

I understand this, the court battle would be lengthy, but the White House is hiding the evidence that would put a bow on this whole process.  I’d like to see the courts force them to cough it up.  

The most disappointing thing about Hurd's 180 degree turn to close today's hearings was that he seemed somewhat interested in the facts being presented during testimony. He is retiring from his current position in government, but the fact that he has aspirations (possibly 2024?) tells me that a somewhat moderate Republican views the GO(trum)P as here to stay, or at least the hangover is going to take a long time to deal with and that his best path forward to climb the ladder is to fully embrace the nonsense that has become the mainstream GOP.  He feels that if he supports impeachment he has no chance to go anywhere politically as a Republican. He sees the easier or at least safer route is not to try and win the middle of the country but instead appeal to Trumpsters.  That should worry people.  Same with Nikki Haley, although I don't think she is all that  much of a moderate to begin with, she just  has a more polite way of expressing craziness.

Also, can someone explain why Bolton was not subpoen'd?  Did something change because I thought the reports were that he didn't want to come voluntarily, however if he was subpoena'd he would participate?  Was there something new where he said he would ignore the subpoena? If not then............?

If you want a graphic illustration of the difference between Trump and Obama, look at Trump's notes from yesterday as compared to a similar picture of Obama's notes when he was president:

fark_7Sr4ExODqDWwQ3epOZA8jT1C2Rw.jpg?AWS

Trump probably needs glasses but is too vain to wear them, and then secondly is barely literate.

Another reason to believe all the witnesses and their concerns is the fact that they all seem to be in agreement with the actual foreign policy approach by Trump when it comes to Ukraine as far as providing lethal force.  Something Obama struggled with due to his belief that it could start an arms race in that region and/or spark Russia to become more hostile ultimately.   The fact that the GOP kept harping on, "Trump provided this, Obama didn't" was not really an argument for anything because no one was ever questioning the official foreign policy decisions of Trump on Ukraine, they were questioning the unofficial/off the record stuff that was going on being led by Rudy at the request of Trump.  Pretty much every single witness testified that they are glad Trump eventually released the weapons but that is not any kind of defense for the other stuff he did or a reason to say it was okay.  

5 hours ago, China said:

If you want a graphic illustration of the difference between Trump and Obama, look at Trump's notes from yesterday as compared to a similar picture of Obama's notes when he was president:

fark_7Sr4ExODqDWwQ3epOZA8jT1C2Rw.jpg?AWS

Trump probably needs glasses but is too vain to wear them, and then secondly is barely literate.

Donald Trump’s Crazy Handwriting Is Now A Free Font Called Tiny Hand

Tiny Hand could be the huckster’s Helvetica.

https://www.fastcompany.com/3064790/donald-trumps-crazy-handwriting-is-now-a-free-font-called-tiny-hand?fbclid=IwAR1HN73b4VgLkk8rw_lZW5YQ065W6t5t95o47ga-LcJOYXpUfS4VmJizgAg

7 hours ago, Destino said:

I understand this, the court battle would be lengthy, but the White House is hiding the evidence that would put a bow on this whole process.  I’d like to see the courts force them to cough it up.  

You assume this administration hasn't altered/destroyed said evidence. 

While I'm not sure of this administration's ability to do so competently, I am absolutely certain they have/will attempt it. 

... and what is the Republican response? Lindsey Graham announces an investigation into Ukraine and the Bidens. 

They know it's bull. They knew the Benghazi hearings were bull. They knew the Hillary emails were bull. They believe Republicans are stupid enough to fall for it, again. Are they? 

Archived