Why did you choose your screen name?

Springfield

3 hours ago, mark327 said:

Two pages in here . Not a mind reader 😉

How'd you choose your username?

City in Virginia?

Favorite rifle? 

Inquiring minds want to know. 😁

So when I first joined this board right after Sean Taylor’s death, I picked the name SpringfieldSkins, as I’d lived in Springfield VA for my entire life.  The Skins part was to denote that I was also a Skins fan.

Somewhere along the line I asked Jumbo or TK to shorten my name to simply “Springfield” cause, duh, I like the Redskins.

Side note, about two years ago I moved my family from Springfield to Burke VA, a vastly better city in the fine commonwealth of Virginia.  I will keep the screen name Springfield though, cause it’s an iconic ES personality.  Don’t want to fool all of my fans.  Also, because Springfield carries more meaning than just a city in pretty much every state.  It’s also a gun manufacturer, so it sounds a bit more badass.

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Somewhere along the line I asked Jumbo or TK to shorten my name to simply “Springfield” cause, duh, I like the Redskins.

I remember one day you went off in the name change thread and next thing in knew it was shortened, thought that had something to do with it.

On 5/25/2019 at 3:24 PM, twa said:

Laziness,  it's my initials.

Trolling With Attitude?😛😛

On 5/25/2019 at 5:41 PM, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Because Alvin Walton was a bad mother****er.

I always called him Alvin Mutha****** Walton. He was da man!

As for my handle...

i-3GNQzTK-D.jpg

Because of that video clip from years ago, where the college student was getting arrested and started saying, "Don't tase me bro".  I was trying to come up with a unique screen name, remembered that clip and memes, except I forgot that "tase" was the correct spelling and not "taze" and actually spelled it wrong :ols:

Whats funny, is a lot of people (myself included) mess it up, it's even messed up in the title of the video clip I found.  Tazer was an actual name brand, but one gets "tased".

Fast forward to the 1 min 50 sec mark in the video.

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I couldn't think of anything better to be honest. Im not super creative. 

Also easy to remember lol

Edit: Its just my name spelled backwards. Anonymity was not high on my priority list haha

Huh.  I always just figured you were LeBron's secret twin or something

I chose mine simply due to the regional aspect of "NoCal" = Northern California.  I was a Jim Rome listener as a teenager and he is one of the few people who say "NoCal" as opposed to the more commonly used "NorCal"  and when I joined the board way back in 2001, I assumed it would be an easy way for people to know what region of the country I was from.  Those were the days, we organized some pretty awesome away game tailgates in CA, AZ, TX, etc etc.......

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

This is suspicious. You know things. How do you know them and how much do you know? Lol

I'm a III

Nah, I was gonna say that unless some bamma travelled like 200 years into the future and named you, thats the only way that name makes sense 😂

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Nah, I was gonna say that unless some bamma travelled like 200 years into the future and named you, thats the only way that name makes sense 😂

Whats crazy is that the name just gets weirder form there. Someone was on alooooot of drugs when they named my grandfather 

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:29 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Buzz has been my nickname since I was a kid.  And I'm pretty ****ing great.

And humble.

Yeah, and if y'all don't know why he's had that nickname since he was a kid, that story is a doozy.

Don't know Buzz personally, but that story....man oh man

PS-Sorry if I overstepped, Buzz.  I'll delete if necessary.

1 hour ago, First Colony said:

Yeah, and if y'all don't know why he's had that nickname since he was a kid, that story is a doozy.

Don't know Buzz personally, but that story....man oh man

PS-Sorry if I overstepped, Buzz.  I'll delete if necessary.

No worries.

For those that dont know, I got hit by a drunk driver while sleeping in bed when I was a kid.  Blinker stuck in my skull so they shaved my head to get it out.  A "buzz" cut.

On 5/25/2019 at 8:55 PM, Destino said:

It was the title of my Spanish book in high school.  I’m a very creative person, you see.

Just tell people that you're Naito & Destino is your finisher. You'll be a lot cooler. :) 

Archived