Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

2 hours ago, wit33 said:

Jay Gruden made an interesting observation that Terry isn’t a natural catcher of the football, but doesn’t drop anything. It’s like he wills himself each time to catch the ball… extreme level of concentration. 

Gary Clark was in the same mold.  A double catching make it look easy and hard kinda wr.  And he never got the respect either

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The throw it up to Mcclaurin stuff is overblown. He’s made contested catches down the field often when DBs heads are turned not looking at the ball. Not knocking him, but he’s not shown to be a high point the ball type guy. He’s a borderline top 10 type guy for me, so I’m a believer. 

4 hours ago, wit33 said:

The throw it up to Mcclaurin stuff is overblown. He’s made contested catches down the field often when DBs heads are turned not looking at the ball. Not knocking him, but he’s not shown to be a high point the ball type guy. He’s a borderline top 10 type guy for me, so I’m a believer. 

I don’t know that he can’t high point the ball because he doesn’t get the opportunity to.  I can remember a pretty good high point catch against Dallas that Logan Thomas threw.  But Logan isn’t our QB, so…….

18 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I don’t know that he can’t high point the ball because he doesn’t get the opportunity to.  I can remember a pretty good high point catch against Dallas that Logan Thomas threw.  But Logan isn’t our QB, so…….

Not saying he won’t ever high point catches throughout his career, but his strikes me more as a potential elite tracker of the football. Like a Galloway or Jackson type when running down field with DBs (not comparing those guys in any other way). 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He's very good. I don't know if he's elite. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being like Davante Adams I'd say he's an 8.5, maybe 9.

But how do we know that?  

Terry is catching passes from a hobbling Alex Smith, Dwayne Haskins, Case Keenum, Kyle Allen and Taylor Heineke.  Davante Adams is catching them from one of the greatest of all time.  I don't even think we can properly make the comparison because he's not once had a legit QB throwing him the ball.

Congratulations to Terry.  His game last week brought him into the top 20 all time in receiving yards for Washington.  He is now at 19, a little behind Crowder (will pass Crowder this week with an average game) He also moved to #22 in catches and #25 in receiving TDS.  

37 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

Turns out Terry has asthma. 

Didn't know that my respect for him could get higher, but as someone else who deals with asthma, Terry continues to astound me.

I think it would be beneficial for this to be more publicly known.  I have a grandson who also has asthma and, while Terry is already a great example for him for work ethic and desire, his story can show that asthma doesn't have to stop you from your dreams.

:815:

:229:The Rook

Edited by The Rook
  • Like 3

On 10/27/2021 at 4:44 PM, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I honestly feel bad for him. He’s too good for this sorry ass franchise. 

He'd probably be among league leaders in receiving yards if he played with even an above average QB. Now imagine him with someone like Rodgers...

Ochocinco was kind of scrawny though.  Terry is physical and maybe even on the burly side despite being average height for a receiver.

I've always liked Torry Holt as a comparison.  He's not as good as Holt was, but he has a similar style and build and set of talents.

He needs a running mate.  Curtis Samuel needs to step up and start playing because Terry is not the kind of 6'5 match up nightmare that can be a lone workhorse like an Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson.  Terry needs some help keeping the chains moving and keeping the safeties on their toes instead of just having the safeties and corners sitting on him and only giving him shorter stuff.

• Like 1