Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Terry seems to have two camps about him.

A.  Jason Reid , Sheehan, some national pundits, some fans here who say he's a good to very good player but he's not a superstar and he's inflated by the WFT fans who are desperate to have a star on that side of the ball but sorry that's not Terry albeit he's a very good player.  

B.  The dude is a a superstar.  He's a top 10 WR or at least in that conversation and he's hurt by not having that diva personality that generates attention for other WRs so he's if anything underrated for that reason.

Liked the dude a lot before that draft, love him even more now.  I am firmly in camp B.  He was poised for superstar stats last year but was slowed down by the two high ankle sprains.   He's on a superstar stat trajectory this year as he was last season, too.  Just stay healthy, Terry!

I don’t listen to Sheehan anyway and I’d tell him to his face.😁

Edited by Vanguard

Taking this KDawg quote from another thread: @KDawg

2) Terry McLaurin. I'm not sure what else needs to be said. Going into today he was #23 all time for the franchise in receiving yards at 2,268 and #27 in receptions at 252.  Add the 6 receptions and 123 yards and he is now at 2,391 yards and 258 receptions. He stays put at #27 in receptions but moves to #22 in franchise receiving yards as he passes Frank Grant for #22.

McLaurin's best season (2020) had him 20th in the franchise for receiving yards in a season.  At his current ypg, he's on pace to end #1.  Although this is a bit misleading given that Bobby Mitchell had two dominant seasons back when there were only 14 games, and not 17 in a season.  Mitchell had 2 seasons that averaged 102.6 and 98.9 yards per game.  Santana Moss holds the single season record for receiving yards, but he averaged 92.7 a game.  McLaurin is currently averaging 88.5 a game.  He's fully capable of setting every franchise record for receiving.

If we follow this season as it's ongoing, it's currently #239 (with only 4 games).  If he does his season average for 1 more game, he moves up to #196.  His 2019 season was #39 for the franchise and his 2020 season was #20.  I'm extremely pleased that the off-season hype train for McLaurin was not a big bag of fluff.

53 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Top 5 receiver in the league.  Cant believe people were in here slandering him saying the fanbase was overrating him.

He’s great.  There are a lot of great receivers in the league.  People can make logical, realistic arguments to say he’s top 5 and other people can make logical, realistic arguments that have him outside the top 5.  The position is so reliant on the overall offense/quarterback.  However, with his intangibles, if I had to build a team from scratch, I don’t think I would come up with five WRs I’d rather have.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

He’s great.  There are a lot of great receivers in the league.  People can make logical, realistic arguments to say he’s top 5 and other people can make logical, realistic arguments that have him outside the top 5.  The position is so reliant on the overall offense/quarterback.  However, with his intangibles, if I had to build a team from scratch, I don’t think I would come up with five WRs I’d rather have.

Yeah but that wasnt the type of comments being made.  If someone calls him top 10, thats fine.  Theres a lot of good young receivers.  It was more along the lines of calling people homers and overrating him if you acted like he was anything near a star.  When in fact, he's a superstar (minus the attitude).

Great.  Elite.  Superstar.  Top 10.  Any of these are fine.  Im not having any of that slander though lol!!!  We got enough problems without tearing down the only truly amazing thing we have.

I think we can all agree that lame duck QBs and OCs can stifle a WR being perceived as great. I mean look at all the great WRs we drafted before Terry that would have dominated if not for.... never mind they kinda sucked. But fantasy gurus keep touting Chicago's Mooney getting more targets over Allen Robinson, who some would say is a fantasy bust thus far. Guess what, I'd bet my old Haskins jersey and a beer that Robinson is seeing blanket coverage and the best corners. Oh and his QB situation is sketchy af. We cannot always look at stats.

Just last year with our turnstile of QBs, I feel like Terry's path to potential stardom was hindered. Not to mention a POS OL will kill the deep balls and overall WR production. Dump offs to the back FTW FTL

Edited by RandyHolt

Terry is no question the best receiver we've had in a long time, if not the potential to be the BEST EVER.   This is the WR we have dreamed about getting for over 20 years!  I look forward to the Taylor to Terry ( or T2 - Judgement Day my friends) TD connections for years to come... 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Jay Gruden made an interesting observation that Terry isn’t a natural catcher of the football, but doesn’t drop anything. It’s like he wills himself each time to catch the ball… extreme level of concentration. 

• Like 2