Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

1 hour ago, Stone Cold said:

Setting the market with a wr is risky bidness.  Something tells me we’ll have him locked up as a top 5 guy before it’s a problem

There are no sure things of course but if you aren't willing to pony up for someone like McLaurin then who the heck are you willing to pony up for...

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

There are no sure things of course but if you aren't willing to pony up for someone like McLaurin then who the heck are you willing to pony up for...

Oh, I’m all in on doin what it takes to keep tmc and make him a lifelong skin.  I just hope we don’t have to set the market to do it.  I’d prefer we sign him at a value deal like we did with Allen.  We can’t miss on identifying and paying our core.  Be awesome to get them signed without completely hamstringing us capwise

On 11/19/2021 at 4:01 PM, method man said:

Looking at receivers around the league, I think Terry is unfortunately on the outside looking in for the Pro Bowl if he doesn't have a bigger 2nd half - Kupp, Jefferson, Deebo, Adams, Jefferson and Lamb are in over him. Godwin, Evans, Moore, DeVonta and others are in the running too

The pro bowl?...lol haaaa hahahaha...that's a popularity contest...Washington hasn't been popular scince..well scince social media started..early 90s about right?

10 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Don't forget we had 3 passing TD's and 27 points without even our 2nd string TE : RSJ.

We won with just Bates at TE basically.

He didn't put up great stats, but he had a huge, difficult and clutch catch that kept an all-important drive alive.

It seems like every week, somebody different on the team, steps up and does that.

That's what I love about this team.

Very excellent thing to see...would like to have seen it all year..but eh..I'll take it at this time of the year.

13 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

We do. Carter, Sims, Humphries were all very good today. We need Logan Thomas back and then things get really good on offense. We are running the ball well now too.

Also, maybe Samuel gets back at some point???

Where in the world is Dyami Brown?

7 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

Where in the world is Dyami Brown?

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

Rookie learning to be a pro. Also, is he still hurt? Can't remember.

He's probably slightly hurt still but he's playing.  Last game there were 6 WR's who got snaps, he had the fewest of them all at just 9 snaps.

7 hours ago, Burgold said:

Rookie learning to be a pro. Also, is he still hurt? Can't remember.

Tell that to Terry after the Philly season opener in 2019. 

We've been there with WR developing. Remember Michael Westbrook. Took him what 5 years and then in '99 it all came together, and then he tore his knee. Of course I could go back to the posse and ask our old school fans who saw their development how it went but it seemed they all hit the ground running when we drafted them.

Edited by Playaction2Sanders
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Tell that to Terry after the Philly season opener in 2019. 

We've been there with WR developing. Remember Michael Westbrook. Took him what 5 years and then in '99 it all came together, and then he tore his knee. Of course I could go back to the posse and ask our old school fans who saw their development how it went but it seemed they all hit the ground running when we drafted them.

Terry is/was legit right away. Remember he was so good that Gruden wouldn't even play him in the 2019 preseason because he was by far our best WR.

My philosophy has always been that if you're going to be a great player, you're pretty much at the very least a good player right away if not great right away. Guys don't just suck for 3 years and then become All Pro.

At this point Dyami Brown is Josh Doctson 2.0.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I would humbly submit that Jamison Crowder would pair with Terry quite well on the opposite side.  He's been the only bright light for the Jets. 

I agree with you but we rolled with Samuel. Humphries has been great too, I have a feeling he's really gonna be a key guy over the coming weeks and in our division games. 

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

I agree with you but we rolled with Samuel. Humphries has been great too, I have a feeling he's really gonna be a key guy over the coming weeks and in our division games. 

Samuel still may have an impact at some point.  Maybe that’s wishful thinking, but I see him doin what he can to play as long as we’re in the hunt.  I’d also love to see more of cam simms.  All that dude does is make plays.  Definitely not a burner, but when he’s active, he seems to always log a critical catch

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

My philosophy has always been that if you're going to be a great player, you're pretty much at the very least a good player right away if not great right away. Guys don't just suck for 3 years and then become All Pro.

But how many great WRs  (or even very good WRs) were good receivers in their first 10 games? That's how many Brown has played.

After 10 games, which players from the list below would you want to keep on your team, and which ones would you consider a bust? (I put Brown's stats on the list as a reference)

Through their first 10 games:

Brown: 20 targets, 8 receptions, 83 yds. 0 TDs

WR1: 27 targets, 13 receptions, 155 yds, 1 TD

WR2: 2 targets, 2 receptions, 27 yds, 0 TDs

WR3: 24 targets, 15 receptions, 189 yds, 0 TDs

WR4: 9 targets, 4 receptions, 57 yds, 0 TDs

WR5: 6 targets, 5 receptions, 25 yds, 0 TDs

WR6: 11 targets, 4 receptions, 71 yds, 1 TD

WR7: 21 targets, 12 receptions, 160 yds, 0 TDs

WR8: 10 targets, 5 receptions, 57 yds, 0 TDs

WR9: 6 targets, 3 receptions, 56 yds, 0 TDs

WR10: 8 targets, 4 receptions, 49 yds, 0 TD

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

But how many great WRs  (or even very good WRs) were good receivers in their first 10 games? That's how many Brown has played.

After 10 games, which players from the list below would you want to keep on your team, and which ones would you consider a bust? (I put Brown's stats on the list as a reference)

Through their first 10 games:

Brown: 20 targets, 8 receptions, 83 yds. 0 TDs

WR1: 27 targets, 13 receptions, 155 yds, 1 TD

WR2: 2 targets, 2 receptions, 27 yds, 0 TDs

WR3: 24 targets, 15 receptions, 189 yds, 0 TDs

WR4: 9 targets, 4 receptions, 57 yds, 0 TDs

WR5: 6 targets, 5 receptions, 25 yds, 0 TDs

WR6: 11 targets, 4 receptions, 71 yds, 1 TD

WR7: 21 targets, 12 receptions, 160 yds, 0 TDs

WR8: 10 targets, 5 receptions, 57 yds, 0 TDs

WR9: 6 targets, 3 receptions, 56 yds, 0 TDs

WR10: 8 targets, 4 receptions, 49 yds, 0 TD

Exactly this. Brown likely won’t be a superstar. That’s not the end of his ability to play. When he’s had the ball thrown to him he’s had some bad and some dynamic. 

AGG is showing he is likely not a guy as a second year guy but it may even be too soon for him. 

This fanbase (and people in general) need to learn patience with these guys. Now, if he’s not working hard behind the scenes the coaches would know it. And if that happens he won’t pan out. But if he is, be patient.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Exactly this. Brown likely won’t be a superstar. That’s not the end of his ability to play. When he’s had the ball thrown to him he’s had some bad and some dynamic. 

AGG is showing he is likely not a guy as a second year guy but it may even be too soon for him. 

This fanbase (and people in general) need to learn patience with these guys. Now, if he’s not working hard behind the scenes the coaches would know it. And if that happens he won’t pan out. But if he is, be patient.

I pulled together an analysis of the 2nd and 3rd WRs from 2020 and took a look at their first vs second years. The folks that have been good contributors in year 2 have consistently been players who showed something in year 1