Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

Elf him on a shelf. No need risking our franchise wideout for a playoff game we're going to lose. I know folks want to hope Cinderella doesn't turn into a maid but we're not superbowl contenders folks. I wouldn't risk him like we did RG3 for a " division title." 

Let him heal, go into the off season, have a great draft and get ready to compete next year!

Bold take...

Terry isn’t a true, dominant #1 WR, but he’s close.  Close enough that teams shade their coverage to him...even when he’s gimpy with an ankle.  And that allows guys like CAM SIMS to bust coverage against #2 CBs consistently.

Early contract extension on a team friendly deal is prolly a good idea right now.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Bold take...

Terry isn’t a true, dominant #1 WR,

Disagree.  We haven’t had the QB’s to get the ball to him consistently.  In his first playoff game he caught everything thrown his way.  Nor do we make a concerted effort to get him the ball like we should.  But I will bookmark this post cause it’s borderline ridiculous.

When does he even get an opportunity to make deep contested catches from our QB’s???

Edited by Vanguard
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Bold take...

Terry isn’t a true, dominant #1 WR, but he’s close.  Close enough that teams shade their coverage to him...even when he’s gimpy with an ankle.  And that allows guys like CAM SIMS to bust coverage against #2 CBs consistently.

Early contract extension on a team friendly deal is prolly a good idea right now.

Prolly. 

But he's a #1.

On 12/29/2020 at 1:09 PM, lovemaskins said:

Elf him on a shelf. No need risking our franchise wideout for a playoff game we're going to lose. I know folks want to hope Cinderella doesn't turn into a maid but we're not superbowl contenders folks. I wouldn't risk him like we did RG3 for a " division title." 

Let him heal, go into the off season, have a great draft and get ready to compete next year!

Lol that you think you could have kept Terry off that field

On 1/5/2021 at 1:07 AM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Does he have a real nickname yet ?

All I heard lately was Captain.

That aint really a nickname.

I just came up with this one : McScorin

Captain F1 McScary is what Im running with

Heinecke is the only QB in the league who can properly unleash McLaurin.  Heinecke doesn't have to lock on because he can read coverage during the play.  Concomitantly, Heinecke doesn't have to commit to a poor opportunity because he sees so well.  Heinecke can run and get out of trouble, buying time for McLaurin to adjust to a broken play and find a seam.  No one on the team can come close to McLaurin doing that.  Heinicke can adjust to take the opportunity McLaurin gives him.  Heinecke can actually get the ball to anywhere it's supposed to be in the route to getting it there on time to getting it to where the receiver doesn't have to adjust.  Go back over every play this year where Terry's been open but no throw.  Now add in throw.

Oh, on 22 completions, TH avg'd 13.9 yds.  When Haskins hit 314, that was on 32 comps - 9.8 yds per.  There were half a dozen "you gotta catch that" drops and Scherff's drive-killing holding penalty -- 15 yd scramble to the TB 40 on 3 & 7 becomes 12 yard pickup on 3rd and 17 from the WFT 45.  Those mistakes gone, he's easily over 400 yds and probably a different outcome.  It's his spot to lose now.  Smith should back up.  Intangibles.  They matter.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Heinecke is the only QB in the league who can properly unleash McLaurin. 

No this is hyperbole at its finest. I'd debate he's the only one currently on the roster. As I think Allen can occasionally do it as well. McLaurin is not QB dependent to be productive, you just need an average QB or better. 

Edited by fwo40
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fwo40 said:

No this is hyperbole at its finest. I'd debate he's the only one currently on the roster. As I think Allen can occasionally do it as well. McLaurin is not QB dependent to be productive, you just need an average QB or better. 

I think you misunderstand my post.  And yes, McLaurin is QB dependent.  If the QB is incapable of taking full advantage of what McLaurin can do, McLaurin is not being unleashed.

5 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

I think you misunderstand my post.  And yes, McLaurin is QB dependent.  If the QB is incapable of taking full advantage of what McLaurin can do, McLaurin is not being unleashed.

How is Heinicke the only QB in the league that can unleash him? Are you saying Mahomes or Watson couldn’t unleash him? 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

How is Heinicke the only QB in the league that can unleash him? Are you saying Mahomes or Watson couldn’t unleash him? 

Re-watch the game.  Re-read my post.  Then if you still do not understand, you have not been a diehard fan of the Washington NFL franchise long enough.  Now if you still want a detailed, line-by-line, point-by-counterpoint analysis, hire me.  When I'm doing law, I'm that kind of serious.  When I'm being a WFT fan, with a legit reason to be optimistic for the first time in 8 years, and the second time in more than I can remember now, I'm this kind of serious.

:redskins-3908:

9 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Re-watch the game.  Re-read my post.  Then if you still do not understand, you have not been a diehard fan of the Washington NFL franchise long enough.  Now if you still want a detailed, line-by-line, point-by-counterpoint analysis, hire me.  When I'm doing law, I'm that kind of serious.  When I'm being a WFT fan, with a legit reason to be optimistic for the first time in 8 years, and the second time in more than I can remember now, I'm this kind of serious.

:redskins-3908:

More impressed I could not be, but to say Taylor Heinicke is the only QB in the league that can unleash McLaurin is factually incorrect. There’s intellectual dishonesty all over social media I don’t need to pay anyone to come up with some. 

Edited by Berggy9598

• 1 month later...

Just came across a Washington fan that is apparently too moronic to see how mclaurin has been a bright spot on offense these past two seasons. 

on a tweet about mclaurin having two ankle sprains, this moron says: “so that’s his excuse for having 2 back to back games with only 35 Rec yards no tds and 2 drops?”

my response: “It’s also his excuse for having 13 catches, 115 yards, and 1 TD combined in week 17 and the WC game”

To which the moron says “So 6.5 rec 57.5 yards and .5 tds per game is something worth talking about?“

and the BEST: “I believe in being honest and holding this team appropriately accountable so we can get BETTER. And not d riding fans like you that pacify every bright spot and acting like it’s good enough. Those are nit picked stats that aren’t even good with all things considered.”

and then he claims mclaurin only had like “two good games this season” LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and apparently mclaurin was “***” against Dallas (1st matchup) because most of his 90 yards came on a broken play. LOLOL!!!!!! I’m DONE. It takes effort to be this much of a moron this early in the day..............

we have STUPIDDDDD fans 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Just came across a Washington fan that is apparently too moronic to see how mclaurin has been a bright spot on offense these past two seasons. 

on a tweet about mclaurin having two ankle sprains, this moron says: “so that’s his excuse for having 2 back to back games with only 35 Rec yards no tds and 2 drops?”

my response: “It’s also his excuse for having 13 catches, 115 yards, and 1 TD combined in week 17 and the WC game”

To which the moron says “So 6.5 rec 57.5 yards and .5 tds per game is something worth talking about?“

and the BEST: “I believe in being honest and holding this team appropriately accountable so we can get BETTER. And not d riding fans like you that pacify every bright spot and acting like it’s good enough. Those are nit picked stats that aren’t even good with all things considered.”

and then he claims mclaurin only had like “two good games this season” LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and apparently mclaurin was “***” against Dallas (1st matchup) because most of his 90 yards came on a broken play. LOLOL!!!!!! I’m DONE. It takes effort to be this much of a moron this early in the day..............

we have STUPIDDDDD fans 

I think it might be time for you to step away from twitter kid.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 3/5/2021 at 9:05 AM, Koolblue13 said:

I think it might be time for you to step away from twitter kid.

It reminds me of Mark Walberg’s character in the movie “The Other Guys”, who learned to dance ballet and play harp, supposedly  sarcastically, to make fun of the other kids who did it.

• Haha 2