Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

I just love how reliable he is. Every big 2nd/3rd and long that goes to him you just know he'll catch it. You don't have to worry about him bobbling it like some of the other receivers we've had in the past. There is something to be said about reliability and consistency.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedBNG said:

McLaurin is 37 yards away from 1K. The way he went after Smith is another good reason he wears the C.

He reminded me of Darrell Green chasing down Erik Dickerson to prevent a TD in 1986....a play that will stay in this team's lore for a long, long time.

Edited by SonnySideUp
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I just love how reliable he is. Every big 2nd/3rd and long that goes to him you just know he'll catch it. You don't have to worry about him bobbling it like some of the other receivers we've had in the past. There is something to be said about reliability and consistency.

And its not just that he has sure hands, he tracks the ball incredibly well and has great positioning, plays way bigger than he is , way more strength than you would think and a physical aggressive streak that if a DB fighting for the ball he just punks them and grabs it out of their hands constantly, often at the tip top of his very high vertical.

So good. And he's really really fast. And runs fantastic routes, and reads coverages well. And demoralizes DBs. And is a heckuva run blocker. 

He is so awesome. 

edit: And he gets tons of YAC, and most of it isn't from designed bubble screens but from mid level routes. 

Edited by XxSpearheadxX

Not sure which rundown is more impressive, TMC/Jaylon Smith or DK Metcalf/Budda Baker.  

I was inclined to say DK Metcalf as I figured Budda Baker would have been faster than Smith.  But Budda Baker's 40 time was 4.45.  Jaylon Smith's 40 time was actually 4.44.

But ultimately, DK Metcalf had more field to catch Budda Baker.  TMC didn't have as much field to run down Jaylon Smith.   Ergo, TMC's pursuit and tackle of Jaylon Smith is more impressive.  Of course I'm biased but whatever.  :) 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Not sure which rundown is more impressive, TMC/Jaylon Smith or DK Metcalf/Budda Baker.  

I was inclined to say DK Metcalf as I figured Budda Baker would have been faster than Smith.  But Budda Baker's 40 time was 4.45.  Jaylon Smith's 40 time was actually 4.44.

But ultimately, DK Metcalf had more field to catch Budda Baker.  TMC didn't have as much field to run down Jaylon Smith.   Ergo, TMC's pursuit and tackle of Jaylon Smith is more impressive.  Of course I'm biased but whatever.  :) 

Jaylon Smith ran a 4.44 out of high school, no way he runs that after blowing out his knee. Look how much speed and agility Alex Smith has lost after his injury. Or Landon Collins, who ran a 10.28 100m dash in 2011, which is world class speed, yet ran "only" a 4.53 at the combine and then Daniel Jones ran away from him in the game against the Giants. It just doesn't make sense to compare these numbers. I honestly don't see how Jaylon Smith is faster than Budda Baker at this point in time.

But the more important point is: I don't know why these things always have to be compared. Both were awesome plays and show how much these guys care about winning.

10 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

edit: And he gets tons of YAC, and most of it isn't from designed bubble screens but from mid level routes. 

This is going to sound weird, but the way Terry McLaurin plays reminds me of...  Laker great James Worthy. 

Worthy had an economy of motion on the floor.  No wasted moves.  Not a lot of flash, but a brutal efficiency at scoring and rebounding. A no-flash Hall of Famer

McLaurin has that same efficiency and economy of motion, both in his route running and after he catches the ball.  I defy you to find a clip where he is caught giving up yardage after a catch.  He invariably cuts forward decisively to maximize YAC.

• Like 1

It's crazy, all the wideouts who were selected ahead of him in the 2019 draft, a total of 11

The order the WR's were taken

Marquise Brown

Deebo Samuel

N'Keal Harry

AJ Brown

Mecole Hardman

JJ Arcega-Whiteside

Parris Campbell

Andy Isabella

DK Metcalf

Diontae Johnson

Jalen Hurd

Is there any of them at all, that you'd rather have, if you had the choice ?

I know, in hindsight, I would have taken a few of them, instead of Haskins in Round 1

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It's crazy, all the wideouts who were selected ahead of him in the 2019 draft, a total of 11

Marquise Brown

Deebo Samuel

N'Keal Harry

AJ Brown

Mecole Hardman

JJ Arcega-Whiteside

Parris Campbell

Andy Isabella

DK Metcalf

Diontae Johnson

Jalen Hurd

I know, in hindsight, I would have taken a few of them, instead of Haskins in Round 1

Metcalf is the only one I'd consider due to the age difference and he's nearly as productive as Terry already. Terry is the better player though. Both will widely be considered top 5 WRs by next year. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Marquise Brown

Deebo Samuel

N'Keal Harry

AJ Brown

Mecole Hardman

JJ Arcega-Whiteside

Parris Campbell

Andy Isabella

DK Metcalf

Diontae Johnson

Jalen Hurd

Dang I remember wanting AJ Brown in the 1st round. Imagine if we had taken him instead of Haskins. A Brown/McLaurin duo could carry our passing game for the next 5+ years.

8 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Regardless of players involved, Terry's was way more impressive due to short field and impediment of other players, but Metcalf's was far more dramatic as you saw it play out over the course of 100 yds and 80 of them only really featured the two players. It was like watching a train wreck, could not look away. Felt like an eternity of "Is he really gonna run him down" as opposed to the foregone conclusion of "Yeah, he is not outrunning McLauren"

Had time to balance the checkbook on that Metcalf play, it was crazy. In a vacuum the plays were not so different (110% hustle) but the Metcalf one was 3x the show

21 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

That closing speed was amazing.

It's like he totally shifted gears to make that tackle

I was actually thinking he was going to punch out the ball for the fumble... was surprised/disappointed when he dove for his ankles. 

This shows the tremendous expectations I have for Tony McLaurin.  :)

Still though, I was curious why Vanderesch didn't block him with more ooomph.  Terry just ran around him.  Usually, you see some really good lights-out blocks after interceptions.

22 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I will always appreciate guys that sell-out for the win, every time. Terry is going to become a legend for our team, probably top 3 all-time.

That is a lofty expectation. We’ve had some good ones.

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

The night before the draft I texted my friend and asked him who we should pick. He said “DK” and I texted him back, “Me neither.”

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, petey hodge said:

Still though, I was curious why Vanderesch didn't block him with more ooomph.  Terry just ran around him.  Usually, you see some really good lights-out blocks after interceptions.

Was a little late to get to him and probably didn't want to risk a block in the back and wipe out a potential TD is my guess.

9 hours ago, IrepDC said:

Ocho Cinco is a fan. Calls Terry a "more polished version of me." Game recognizes game.

Terry is much more physical and much less selfish than Ochocinco was as a player.  Ochocinco definitely wasn't running any sub 4.4 40s either.  Truly great player though, so calling Terry that was a huge compliment.

Terry could end up being like Torry Holt.  That's the former great from that era who he most resembles to me.  He doesn't play in the greatest show on turf though.

Edited by stevemcqueen1
  • Like 1