Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

4 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

The thing is any Top 15 defense is going to be able to game plan how to take a single player on offense away.  With WFT Terry McLaurin is that guy.  Defense are committed to him not beating the coverage and they will use any combination of coverage or scheme to make it happen.  The question then becomes why can't the other WRs beat these one on one matches more often?  Until a defense is punished and exposed for over-committing to taking a single player out of the game, they will continue to do that until someone else requires that coverage as well.

Guys like Logan Thomas & Cam Sims, they show flashes in some games, some of the time, but neither are consistently at the kind of level that will move the extra coverage off of McLaurin.  

Really pure speculation on my end, but I think our other guys have trouble beating man coverage.  I think Steve Sims is probably our second best receiver in this respect, but those hands/catch radius...

Terry came alive in one drive catching back-to-back 1st downs... He definitely earned us the 3 points on that drive.  However, he also had a false start penalty at 3rd and 5.  The next play, Logan catches a 5 yard pass, and we settle for that FG.  What might have been.  Get well Scary Tony!

Haskins hasn't played goot at all, but our WRs have been atrocious. The drop everything. Also on the interception the smart play should have been to throw it away but even in a scramble drill, how do two of our receivers end up within 1 yard of one another? And that ball would have hit Cam Sims right in the hands if Wright doesn't get his hands in there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He's not getting open as much as he was before. I think he's still hurt.

You know what, let’s keep the playing field fair here, Terry hasn’t played well for 2-3 weeks. A really bad drop today. Penalty as well. 

Fantastic player. Been below par recently.

Edited by UK SKINS FAN 74

Terry needs more talent around him. Any route he runs downfield he gets all of the attention. Even on quick screens the defense is keying on him because there is no other deep threat. He is the only receiver we have capable of winning his 1 on 1 match up without getting schemed open. Thomas will start to get more attention so maybe Turner will use that to McClaurin's advantage.

I think Terry played tough ball today.  Nearly could have had a concussion on that catch he got that earned a penalty to get us the first down.  Also had 77 yards receiving.  QB play hasn’t been stellar but I would like to see Terry get in the end zone more.  Overall I wasn’t displeased, love watching him play, he needs to have more fun out there.  I think he plays better when he’s fired up, or when they all look like they’re having fun.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IrepDC said:

Terry needs more talent around him. Any route he runs downfield he gets all of the attention. Even on quick screens the defense is keying on him because there is no other deep threat. He is the only receiver we have capable of winning his 1 on 1 match up without getting schemed open. Thomas will start to get more attention so maybe Turner will use that to McClaurin's advantage.

I’m surprised not even Smith has used TM to move the defense and go to the other side for a big play. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Somebody has to step up on Sunday Night if they want to win the division.  The WRs are terrible yesterday.  Helps that Alex will hopefully be back and they'l have a competent QB at the helm and behind him.  

Pretty sure we made the hard decision to waive Make it Rain Dwayne Haskins to clear a roster spot for the return of Dontrelle "The Truth" Inman.

GettyImages-1277024096-775x465.jpg

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah he's done. Sucks because he's always killed Philly and their secondary is ass.

Not necessarily.  He's in a boot and if they can get the swelling down then it's a matter of pain tolerance.  Swelling causes pain and aggravating it by movement creates more swelling.  When your ankle is swollen it can hold a lot of fluid.  You can tape up an ankle to provide the stability that mitigates the affected part that's sustained injury, but not if it's too swollen...I would agree on doubting him seeing any action but it is possible and definitely been done before.  Remember Stephen Davis doing it and putting up a big game. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim just on the radio has more concerns about Terry starting than he is about Alex, saying high ankle stains can often take 6 weeks to heel unless its a mild strain. 

Yeah man....my ankle is still messed from undergrad. I mean my whole body is, but that's besides the point. 

I wouldn't rule out round one of playoffs, but even then. Doubt they make it that far (winning a playoff game), so you'd think he's done for the year at this point. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim just on the radio has more concerns about Terry starting than he is about Alex, saying high ankle stains can often take 6 weeks to heel unless its a mild strain. 

Last high ankle sprain I had was 3 weeks. After that I could walk and jog lightly but hard sprints were still painful and jumping caused excruciating pain.

Then again I'm not a world class athlete with access to the best medical treatment in the world.

If Terry is still in a boot as of yesterday, there’s no freaking way he’s playing this Sunday. 

It means he can’t even walk around (weight bear) without stabilization. He has to walk first (without any aid), then jog, then run, sprint, then cut. And then see how he responds to each progression. That’s not all going to happen in 5 days.

Keim is right. Timeline is about 6 weeks. That’s with world class treatments 24/7.

High ankle sprains suck.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Sad 2