Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

• 3 weeks later...

Pay the man.  

Given what he’s done so far in the league, imagine his impact with Carson Wentz throwing to him, not to mention the benefit to him of additional outside threats in the form of Dotson and - God willing - a healthy Curtis Samuel.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

If anybody has earned 22 large its Terry. I wouldn't be upset if we killed him w/ a brinks truck.

Let's not joke about people being hit with trucks please.  

It will get worked out because it has to.

1. Terry needs the deal.  I've gone through this before.  He can't play on his current deal because he'll never make up the $20-$25 Million he would make this year with a new deal now.  He can't "bet on himself."  It makes no sense.  He'll be giving up one full "prime earning" year of his career he will never get back. The reason he and his agent are putting out there he won't participate in on-field work is because they know they can't wait until Terry goes into FA.  If they wanted a year, they give up $20M, minimum.  So he'll be open to taking something reasonable.  And by reasonable, I mean generational wealth that will pay him as a top 5-10 WR in the league.  

2. The team needs it.  They need to win right now.   If they don't get a deal, they would have to trade Terry, and they won't get the same value THIS YEAR if they do that, unless they trade for a #1 WR who's making the same amount, which would be stupid when they could just pay Terry. 

3. They have the cap room to do it.  

4. The team has said from the beginning of the off-season, they were quiet in FA because they want to sign their own guys and get a QB.  Well, they got the QB, now they have to sign their own guys. 

I have absolutely no doubt this gets done.  I think the date is somewhere mid-June.  I kindof wish it was "agreed to in principal" on Monday, signed on June 1st after the Collins cap saving hits, but it will probably linger slightly longer than that.  

If it's not done by 6//15, I will start to raise my eyebrows.

If it's not done by 7/20, I will completely buy into speculation Snyder doesn't have the cash in the team to make 2 big moves.  

• Like 6

I predict we will not give Terry a deal. He  will sit out most of the year; only coming in around week 10. Whatever date it is ; where  he still gets credit for this year. We get nothing for him.

We already drafted his replacement; so expect us to play hardball.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

As I said, I hate the language being reported that they are "far apart" at this point. They should be fine tuning things. There should be a blueprint and an agreement in principle about the shape and size at minimum.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I predict we will not give Terry a deal. He  will sit out most of the year; only coming in around week 10. Whatever date it is ; where  he still gets credit for this year. We get nothing for him.

We already drafted his replacement; so expect us to play hardball.

It won’t play out like that, but if it did, you franchise him in ‘23.

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If we wouldn’t give a new deal; why would we do the franchise tender. The WR average will shoot up after all these deals.

Oh, you are saying we won’t make ANY offer.  Not that we’d make an offer that he’d reject like 20M/year.  Okay then.

Going to be tough at WR because they did what you said they’d do and went defense with their first two picks…oh wait, they didn’t.

1 hour ago, srtman04 said:

This organization is completely ****ed up.  If they let Terry walk,  they are beyond stupid.  

Terry isn't going anywhere for 3 years.  He's under contract for 2022, and then they can tag him twice.

If they let him walk, it will be after the 2024 season. 

24 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If we wouldn’t give a new deal; why would we do the franchise tender. The WR average will shoot up after all these deals.

If we're playing hard-ball, then you play it out all the way and franchise him.  They control him for 3 more years, and if they're going to play hardball, they will use that as leverage. 

His hardball would be to not sign the tender, which would mean he would earn nothing.  

He and his agent are too smart to go down this path.  They will agree to a deal.  They know if they don't agree to a deal this year, they lose $20M of total career value no matter what.  They don't want to do that.  

They will work something out.  

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

As I said, I hate the language being reported that they are "far apart" at this point. They should be fine tuning things. There should be a blueprint and an agreement in principle about the shape and size at minimum.

Who would leak that the sides are far apart?  Terry's agent.  Why?  To create leverage.  

Always consider the source.  I'm not worried.  Agents will always play this game.  

• Like 2

Snyder has cash flow issues -- he would have to put at least 60 million in cash in an escrow account to cover the fully guaranteed portion of Terry's new deal.

The team's plan is to franchise him is my guess.

9 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He and his agent are too smart to go down this path.  They will agree to a deal.  They know if they don't agree to a deal this year, they lose $20M of total career value no matter what.  They don't want to do that.  

Yep, the team has the leverage until they are forced to franchise him. In this day and age, the WR market is booming but it's not the same as the QB. QB's (ala Kurt Cousins) can play the franchise tag game and make up that 20M+ they gave up to get there. WR's can't do that, noway RB's can attempt it. If a "franchise" QB plays it right they'll get 3x signing bonus contracts, but WR1 will get 2x. They can't afford to miss out on $20M+ in any one season. Terry will sign and it if he doesn't then he'll lose money, so WSH doesn't have to overpay. FYI, there's plenty of acceptable collateral for contract security. The credit line for that franchise is at least 12x Revenue and current market value is +4.2B. Players salaries are budgeted in advance which means the annual cap is already paid for in advance. Be clear, Snyder can drop 100M on a text message.

8 hours ago, Hooper said:

Snyder has cash flow issues -- he would have to put at least 60 million in cash in an escrow account to cover the fully guaranteed portion of Terry's new deal.

The team's plan is to franchise him is my guess.

Maybe he can do a rent-to-own deal like he did with that land purchase. :rofl89:

He’s gone. Not everybody has accepted it yet, but he’s gone. When both sides are playing hardball, it’s almost impossible to come to an agreement. Playing hardball with Terry has to be the stupidest move you can make, so how can there be any doubt that that’s exactly what Dan will do. History says it’s a lock. And from Terry’s perspective… It’s the same as cousins. He may say the right things, but I seriously doubt he really wants to stay. Maybe for way way beyond reasonable money he would consider it, but otherwise why would he? Any team in the league would love to have Terry on their team, and he’ll have his pick of the litter once he reaches free agency. As long as Snyder is here, he would be playing for a train wreck of a franchise with zero chance of winning a title. add to that the embarrassment of having such a scumbag as your boss. I like Terry, and I’d love for him to stay. But what a horrible career move that would be for him. Any decent agent is surely telling him to get out as quickly as possible and don’t look back. He really should move on from the team, just like the rest of us, if we are stuck with Snyder. Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer but reality sucks sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumb down 1

6 hours ago, woodpecker said:

He’s gone. Not everybody has accepted it yet, but he’s gone. When both sides are playing hardball, it’s almost impossible to come to an agreement. Playing hardball with Terry has to be the stupidest move you can make, so how can there be any doubt that that’s exactly what Dan will do. History says it’s a lock. And from Terry’s perspective… It’s the same as cousins. He may say the right things, but I seriously doubt he really wants to stay. Maybe for way way beyond reasonable money he would consider it, but otherwise why would he? Any team in the league would love to have Terry on their team, and he’ll have his pick of the litter once he reaches free agency. As long as Snyder is here, he would be playing for a train wreck of a franchise with zero chance of winning a title. add to that the embarrassment of having such a scumbag as your boss. I like Terry, and I’d love for him to stay. But what a horrible career move that would be for him. Any decent agent is surely telling him to get out as quickly as possible and don’t look back. He really should move on from the team, just like the rest of us, if we are stuck with Snyder. Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer but reality sucks sometimes.

I think Terry eventually leaves ; even if he’s franchised for a couple of years in 23,24.

His agent wants Terry to hit free agency.

Terry may  also want out; especially if Carson flops.

I also think what happens with Terry could portend what could happen with Diva Chase.