Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

37 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

thats an annoying rule. Why should a player as talented and hardworking as terry have to wait for a lucrative signing bonus? He has to risk injury for another year? Seems unfair

From the player's standpoint it kinda sucks.

But from a team's standpoint, obviously saves money for other players, which we could use. So I'll dwell on that.

I'm also unlikely to have a lot of sympathy for almost any NFL player,for not making enough money, even as much as I love the player ;)

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

3. Smith on McLaurin:

"It's going to be tough for me to come up with all the great adjectives I'd like to come up with to describe Terry. He's a special, special player. A special teammate, a special leader. Not just his play-making ability and competitiveness, but I think those things that just really show up on film are his competitive spirit, his ability to make plays. I think his work ethic, his attitude, his approach to the game for a young player -- it's almost like he's wise for his years for sure, so to speak. Really, really special player and a special teammate. We're lucky to have him, definitely."

https://www.washingtonfootball.com/news/washington-cowboys-top-10-quotes-week-12

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

From the player's standpoint it kinda sucks.

But from a team's standpoint, obviously saves money for other players, which we could use. So I'll dwell on that.

I'm also unlikely to have a lot of sympathy for almost any NFL player,for not making enough money, even as much as I love the player ;)

true but signing terry now will be cheaper than signing him two years from now, because he definitely isn't going to get worse! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Terry might be the best player on the team right now. 

I find it interesting the this "welcome" thread has 55 pages and Chase Young's has 165.

That's all.

That reminds me and i mentioned it here at the time, I met Terry at a SB fan event earlier this year and I asked him if they should take Chase.  He goes yes i really do.  He said it in a way where he didn't come off like he was glad handling man.   So for those worried about Chase and are all in on Terry -- rest assured, Terry knows best...😀

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I find it interesting the this "welcome" thread has 55 pages and Chase Young's has 165.

That's all.

Considering the Chase Young thread was started 4 months before the 2020 draft while the Mclaurin thread was started on the 2nd day of the 2019 draft, I'm not at all surprised lol...plus, CY had just a massive amount of hype surrounding him so he generated far more discussion. By contrast, it's like damn near nobody here knew who TM was until we drafted him.

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Considering the Chase Young thread was started 4 months before the 2020 draft while the Mclaurin thread was started on the 2nd day of the 2019 draft, I'm not at all surprised lol...plus, CY had just a massive amount of hype surrounding him so he generated far more discussion. By contrast, it's like damn near nobody here knew who TM was until we drafted him.

I thought McLaurin would turn into a career Special Teamer Niles Paul type player. Its somewhere in this thread but I'm too ashamed to dig it up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I havent crushed on a player so hard since ST.

Apart from Riggo and Fletch, my man-crushes are usually lineman, but Terry might change all that.

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That's all.

There's not anyone claiming McLaurin isn't living up to his draft position or even using the B word, so the amount of discussion is less.

Edited by London Kev
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I thought McLaurin would turn into a career Special Teamer Niles Paul type player. Its somewhere in this thread but I'm too ashamed to dig it up.

You weren't the only one! Hell that was most "professional experts" takes also. No big deal I felt the same as you, until the lions game I then saw how special he was early last year and I'm a big fan - thats all that matters 😉

Edited by XxSpearheadxX