Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

Meh, woulda preferred Chauncey or Butler, but hope he works out now.

Still possible we double dip this round at WR and get a bigger target at 96. (Boykin maybe)

Of course if Chauncey is still somehow bouncing around down there we'd be nuts not to take him.

Mclaurin I like it.  He's one of my guys on the draft thread and I've taken some arrows for it including this morning. 😀

This morning I was advocating for him in the post, I posted a bunch of stuff on him.  I do like Butler better.  But I am more than cool with McLaurin.  I know from prior debates though some on the draft threat aren't going to love it.    But I like it. 

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

If they picked this guy just because Haskins has thrown him a couple of balls, they are stupid. 

They said he's probably best special teams player in the draft.  This was bigger then that, just made it make more sense to pick him.

5 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

McLaurin.  Ugh.  

Yin and Yang. Yesterday was genius, today was a reminder of how thoroughly stupid and inept a scouting department or F.O. or both can be. Hribar when asked about McLaurin said, "he's a great gunner," and then laughed. 

This was a thoroughly inept, horrific bad process pick PERIOD. Even if he delivers it was a pick grounded in stupidity. Full Stop. 

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Meh pick. All they can say about him is that he's a good guy, team player, blah blah. He has no real achievements of note. Not loving this pick. Doesn't run good routes either. Sounds like a worse Josh Doctson.

Huh? Nothing like Doctson

11 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Consig's takes but I don't think the dude or anyone else has the WR position nailed based on the dominator scale.   If a WR has a Qb who doesn't tend to go deep and conversely has another receiver within the same group who puts up big numbers -- then said receiver will score lower on the dominator scale.   So like I told him IMO you have to factor context.  

And just like i told him as you go deep in the draft, its tougher to find the robo cop style players with both elite producers and combine guys.  I know he argues otherwise.  But I disagree. 

Mclaurin isn't in my 2nd tier group of fav receivers.  But look if we aren't choosing among Deebo, Butler, etc then we can't pretend in that case the menu is different then it likely will be in the third.   I'd love to be surprised and have Deebo or whomever drop into the third but i am not counting on it.   McLaurin is not my top guy in the third tier but he's among the ones I like. 

He's not exactly chopped liver as an athlete.    He run a freaking 4.35 40 yard dash and a 1.54 10.   He's also 6 "1 and over 200 pounds who did 18 bench presses.  So not exactly a yawn as for his athleticism.   And 700 yards from a QB who didn't seem to throw deep much ain't bad either.    Neither is a 71% catch percentage.   Neither is a 153 passer rating when targeted. 

From this morning

Archived