Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

4 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Seems problematic that you would be on the sideline or practice and see or know something that could help your teammates, but you'd rather stay quiet and help the opposition get over.  

Totally agree....that's my biggest problem with the whole situation.  If it is about winning and helping your teammates become more successful share some intel.

I would cut him and move on....but with AP acting a little crazy we don't really have leverage to cut a pretty talented RB.

I think AB goes to Seattle.  They always take chances (See them signing Pollite) and he fills a major need as they really don't have receivers aside from Lockett.  Why would Brown come here and why would we sign him?  Hello, Jay is Jon's brother.

25 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Can't wait for the "Antonio brown... Should we" thread. 

Hell no!!!

You mean part 2. This is maybe a lesson to some people on this board that wanted to trade for him to begin with. at least this time around, the cost is basically free. But it's not happening.

Also, Alfred Morris got released. Not really big news, but always curious to see how he does

55 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

We have disfunction, but AB is next level. Pass. Nothing would shock me tho, dude has talent, just don’t think we need it at this time.

Admit it. Signing AB would be the most Redskins thing the Redskins could do right now. 

Well, except for trading Trent and several 2020 picks for AB. 

6 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

*what gif*

Do you want to get a new front office? Because I can't imagine any better way to get our FO fired than going through a season of AB being their problem.

On the flip side, maybe he gets concussed again and gets all his loose screws knocked back into place. Win-win in my book.

Antonio Brown is a franchise altering talent so we should definitely want him but that franchise needs stability and structure in order to reap the benefits of his immense talents. The raiders did not have that and neither do we. Also, we don’t have anyone to throw him the football so I have no idea why he would sign here anyway. 

On 9/6/2019 at 1:24 PM, NickyJ said:

In what way has AP acted a little crazy?

Do you not remember what went down with Sean Payton and Peterson?  What I mean by a little crazy is when he is flipping out on the coach on the sideline because he is playing behind Kamara and Ingram.  That situation boiled over and I think it's just a matter or time before it happens here, especially if he is very limited or inactive.

Peterson wants to be the bell cow...period.  Jay also wanted to move on from Peterson before the season as well, so i'm sure AP has been testing Jay like he did Payton.

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/jay-gruden-wanted-to-cut-adrian-peterson/511903

14 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Antonio Brown is a franchise altering talent so we should definitely want him but that franchise needs stability and structure in order to reap the benefits of his immense talents. The raiders did not have that and neither do we. Also, we don’t have anyone to throw him the football so I have no idea why he would sign here anyway. 

Idk..that kid we drafted looks like he can toss the duke

I would sign Brown in a heart beat.  Jay is a goner if he doesn't.  The only star power we have on this roster is our All-Pro LT who is not playing, our future QB who is holding the clipboard and Adrian Peterson who might be inactive.....but we do have Guice who I would pay money to go see.

I would also pay to see Antonio Brown vs Bruce Allen.

But seriously, we have a really good defense and a lackluster offense that is in desperate need of a healthy offensive weapon who can create mismatches.

1 hour ago, Poindexter said:

Do you not remember what went down with Sean Payton and Peterson?  What I mean by a little crazy is when he is flipping out on the coach on the sideline because he is playing behind Kamara and Ingram.  That situation boiled over and I think it's just a matter or time before it happens here, especially if he is very limited or inactive.

Peterson wants to be the bell cow...period.  Jay also wanted to move on from Peterson before the season as well, so i'm sure AP has been testing Jay like he did Payton.

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/jay-gruden-wanted-to-cut-adrian-peterson/511903

So a year and a half ago, Peterson got mad at a coach. A day ago, Peterson said he's okay with being a backup: https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/adrian-peterson-doesnt-sound-bothered-about-his-diminished-role-now

As of now, Peterson is handling it well.

"I knew when I came in what the scenario was, that [Guice] was down and I came in and I was able to fill the void for a period of time," Peterson told reporters on Thursday. "They drafted this kid in the second round, so of course they want to give him a shot." 

Many will point to Peterson's lack of success sharing time in the Saints backfield in 2017, but that situation and this one do differ in a key way.

That year, Peterson signed with New Orleans on April 25. Three days later, they selected Alvin Kamara. He chose the Saints with the expectation of splitting carries with Mark Ingram, but then the franchise added another name to the depth chart.

With the Redskins, meanwhile — as he mentioned — he knew that Guice would eventually return from his ACL injury, and he still opted to re-sign with the Redskins this past March. 

"At the end of the day, I'm paid to do what they ask me to do," Peterson said. "So that's all I can do and all I can control. ... I just embrace it and appreciate that I'm still in a position to play after 13 years." 

So lets decide, do we go with things being what they were 500 days ago ago when he signed to be their lead running back and got knocked down a rung 3 days later.... Or do we go with things being the way they were a day ago when the RB who is dead broke and needs money said that he will do what he's paid to do? You know what? I like your reasoning. Let's throw out everything that's happened in the past 500 days and say he's STILL acting a little crazy lol

We have no proven talent at WR and Reed is hearing either hearing wind chimes or has my-toe-sis.  AB can come here and punch every eldery Redskins fan in the face and it wouldn't change our image much if things go South.

And talent at WR can only help the chances of our QBs not getting murdered.

Archived