Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Scott Van Pelt on the Redskins: ‘Is anyone at Redskins Park listening?’

Sticksboi05

I guess the real question is how long will it take before this team contends for a Super Bowl? 5 years? 10 years? If we win the NFC before the year 2040 I would be amazed. There is such a void of talent, zero playmakers, and horrible management. No good QB in sight. It's a dark age to be a Redskins fan for sure. True fans stick with the team though. Anything is possible.

By the way, I'd like to add that fans do care. This board is evidence of that. People are angry. And I'm not convinced that upper management is oblivious to that fact. They just aren't good at putting together a good team, nor are they good at marketing and figuring out ways to get fans interested again. 

Snyderskins, Snyderskins, Snyderskins, Snyderskins

Also loved Ryan Kerrigan's comment that the (Red) Snyderskins have all of the pieces, just need to get better. Classic loser comment. This is the National Football League. All of the teams have good pieces, some more than others. Key is to function as a cohesive unit from top to bottom. Snyderskins are, and have been, totally deficient and their "pieces" will never be a functioning unit under the current regime.

I used to be a little more forgiven for Snyder.  I have (And still do) see him as someone who just wants to win.  His early days of control was based on a desire to win. His overspending on super stars was based on bad advice but he would not be outbid.  

Even over the years -He has tried to pull back and stay out of football decisions.  

Yes -He wants to make money, this is his job and lively hood -but i 100% truly believe that he wants the Redskins to win and would take losing money if the return was Redskins win.

I do feel that he is a Redskins fan and everything he does is to help the team win as best he knows how.  

HOWEVER - after 20 years - hes proven to be wrong. 

His instincts are wrong.

The people he trusts -are wrong.

The people he hires - they may actually be ok - but he doesnt trust them enough to let them do their job or he is talked into firing them too soon.

Hes done it a lot of different ways - each time has been wrong.  So where do you go from here?

The Redskins are a freaking mess.  They have no real culture anymore, no "underlying belief" they can build off, no grand plan, nothing.

But what they do have is money.  They still have lots of money, and a owner willing to pay.

Allen needs to go. There is no question here - he has had complete control for many years and it has not workedo out.  You may like him, you may trust him, you may even ask his advice for where to go next, but you still say goodbye.  

He should Create a board of trustee so to speak.  He can stay on the board, but his vote should only be 1 vote.  It will be hard, but he has to recognize that his gut / his instinct has been wrong.  

The board should be a mix of insiders and outsiders.  A mix of Redskins believers (Doug Williams, Joe Gibbs) and non Redskins football people (If he can find any).  They should have 1 task and 1 task only.  Fine a team president who will have control of the vision. The interview process should be 1 question "What is your vision for the Washington Redskins, what will be their 'Mission statement', and what will you do over the next 3 - 5 years to get us there?

There are plenty of other teams that have been mediocre for as long as Washington has but this just emphasizes the notion that ownership is the magic word. Either you have it or you don't.

If you're not very good, you're not going to be very good. Every now and then there's a wild card appearance... then you're back to the back of the line. Wildcard is our ceiling, the basement is our home.

The problem is solved if:

1. The team moves back to D.C. (The money is in the city, not Landover)

2. Stadium experience and parking is flawless (hire top-notch civil engineers to design a clean flow in and out of the stadium)

3. Retractable roof (no one wants to be at the game in subzero temperature)

4. There's hope (we add a young stud QB or a superstar offensive talent i.e Antonio Brown or Beckham)

5. We start winning (big surprise)

18 hours ago, primetime441 said:

4. There's hope (we add a young stud QB or a superstar offensive talent i.e Antonio Brown or Beckham)

The young stud QB is a great idea, but at present time the team and organization are far too unstable to handle Brown or Beckham.

Does anyone else look at the other games in the NFL and have reality set in that our team just looks so unprofessional out there. From the stadium, to the colors, to the jerseys, to the players and play calling. We just seem like a generation behind. If I wasn’t a fan of this team, I’d rank us as one of the most boring teams to watch play in the league.

I was thinking about writing my opinion as a long time Skins Fan, but it would just be more wasting of my time.  

If the owner was a true fan, he'd sell the team.  He's not a true Redskin.  Doesn't listen to the fans and doesn't give a damn.  

I'm not buying that Dan Snyder is a true Redskin Fan.  He's sucked the life out of this franchise and taken it for all it's worth.  

Dan Snyder is a prime example of what is wrong with America. 

Time to BOYCOTT the Owner.  Period. 

giphy.gif

No to getting players like AB or OBJ. They are not satisfied unless they are dominating the stat sheet. It just doesn't work out for this franchise and on the rare time it does (DeSean) it really made no difference in the end.

• 8 months later...
On 1/2/2019 at 3:04 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep because why wouldn't we believe 11-5?

By next week we'll be at 11 wins max and this collection of losers is not winning more than a game in a row this year.

This chart will remain, and continue to remain. ZERO. POINT. ZERO.

Archived