Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

MLB can solve this whole debacle without changing a rule. Have double bags like in softball/little league, with the fielder using the bag in fair territory and the runner being required to hit the bag in foul territory. It works. No contact unless the throw is absolutely gawd awful, and then the runner has the right of way in foul territory. This rule will never be used again, ever, for as long as the game is played. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zskins said:

Only if the Nats had taken 1 of the 3 at homes... all would have ended tonight. 

And the Astros fans are saying "Only if the Astros had taken 1 of the 2 at home ... all would have ended in DC".

Playing the "if" game in sports is dumb.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

And the Astros fans are saying "Only if the Astros had taken 1 of the 2 at home ... all would have ended in DC".

Playing the "if" game in sports is dumb.

As Ken Beatrice used to say, "If Ifs and buts were candies and nuts, Oh what a party we'd have".  Your next on sports call, Hallow....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

It has never happened in basketball or hockey either

6 straight road team wins is uncharted territory everywhere

Ya, were now talking about the best we got in a situation we arent supposed to succeed putting the pressure squarely on the Astros.  Houston is playing like a team that thought their home field advantage was impenetrable.

"Is this thing on? It's not working, wtf?"

1 minute ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Were headed to the hospital soon for our first baby. He will be a world series baby. My family are nats fans and I'm an astros fan since I live in Houston and the wife's family are all stos fans as well. I have baby clothes for both. I don't really know what to do. 

Name him Juan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

I just hope that after a couple games of umpires confusing balls and strikes and controversial calls on the basepaths...that Game 7 can be played without umpire drama.  I just want to see these two teams duke it out once and for all (with the Nats winning, obviously) and no ****ing whining about blown calls or interpretation of rules, etc.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

that Game 7 can be played without umpire drama.

Image result for you're new here gif

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

it's fun being relevant as a team/city in a sport.

I am in awe of where were at and we have a winner-take-all shot at a title...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://theathletic.com/1336251/

Phenomenal article for those of you that subscribe to the athletic. Idiot Cederstrom told Davey to "control your dugout" and that's when Davey snapped. Also more details about how Torre was involved. 

To summarize: Cederstrom is a disgrace and it's time for Joe Torre to retire

Edited by skinswillwin06

11 minutes ago, skinswillwin06 said:

https://theathletic.com/1336251/

Phenomenal article for those of you that subscribe to the athletic. Idiot Cederstrom told Davey to "control your dugout" and that's when Davey snapped. Also more details about how Torre was involved. 

To summarize: Cederstrom is a disgrace and it's time for Joe Torre to retire

My favorite part was Turner shouting "HE'S RIGHT THERE! WHERE IS HE HIDING" referring to Torre. No fear whatsoever and no respect, nor should he, because he's a freaking clown who should have never gotten that position.

• Like 4