Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m exhausted. World Series onset fatigue is real.  

Went to game 5... it’s about a 2.5hr drive for me to the Vienna metro so we grabbed a hotel and drove home the next morning. 3 hours of sleep. One decent night, 6-7 ish hours on Monday but not enough to fully recover. Seriously dragging today. I already coffee’d up this evening, might have to have a second cup. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m exhausted. World Series onset fatigue is real.  

I can't wait to get back to my normal sleep routine.  I get up at like 5:45 - 6 and it has not been fun during this run.  I'm on 2 nights in a row of like 5ish hours of sleep.  Thankfully tomorrow I can get up around 8am, so I'll probably have some drinks tonight too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Max has much better numbers with Zuk

one more hurdle to climb

I think that probably has more to do with many of his starts with Zuk being before his injuries that had him out for a long while.  Last month when Zuk missed a lot of time, Gomes was catching a lot.  That early September game vs Braves after losing first 3 of the series Max went 6 innings 2 hits 1 ER and 9 Ks for the win whilst Gomes hit 2 HR’s.  Let’s not make it seem like Max just doesn’t pitch all that well with Gomes.  He’s been battling back the second half of the season trying to get right.  I honestly think he has worked with Gomes enough that he can be comfortable letting it fire tonight.

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 1

I know the hype of this game is Max, but is anyone really expecting him to go more than 3 or 4? The guy couldn't get out of bed like 2 days ago ha. Thinking this game is gonna be more about our entire rotation (Max, Annibal, Corbin, Doo, Hudson) than anything. Need everyone on the roster to come up big

Also would be nice to see Zim do something big. He's struggled this series but always seems to come up big when we need it most