Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Good to beat up on a terrible team. Rosario's average is low enough that if you remove the zero, he can wear that number now. .094? He can wear 94. Or..... DFA'd. That sounds better. 

Rainey under zero pressure didn't look that good. That's a shame. Need him to be much better. 

Good for Winky. That was a big hit. 

I'd love to write a question for Dave's postgame. I don't hate Corbin. But how can he feel like he's being the leader of this team when and play guys who simply aren't performing anymore.....in this case, for years. 

Something like "why do you expect different results now? Is there something new being tried in between games?" 

Heard an interview with Cavalli before the game today. Tomorrow is basically like the day hitters report to ST as far as his rehab goes. He has the green light to let it fly against live hitters. As he builds endurance, we could be looking at an early June return. Gray may be back by that time as well. With the way Williams has been pitching, he may become a trade chip - something I would have realistically thought was a possibility in March.

2 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Jake Irvin last year. Mitchell Parker this year. Andry Lara down in Wilmington. Have we finally found the secret to developing young pitchers?!

Hell yeah! I was very disappointed to see that pipeline dropped him out of the top 30. He’s so young for his level. This is very encouraging, but not all too unexpected.

Another dude to keep an eye on for that Wilmington team is Luke Young. Three of his four starts this season have been scoreless efforts. 22 year old ‘22 11th rounder out of JUCO.

• Like 1

Kick ass come back win yesterday! Brutal error in the first and the wheels fell off after that--but Davey's boys put them back on the truck and kept on rollin'! How can you not like this team??

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Kick ass come back win yesterday! Brutal error in the first and the wheels fell off after that--but Davey's boys put them back on the truck and kept on rollin'! How can you not like this team??

They are picking each other up. Can’t believe that after committing three errors in game 1 in 2023, Abrams commits his first in game 27. The did botch three DP attempts. Call made a nice play in right, and Lipscomb made a very important play late (eight hits so far in the series).

Wild that this lineup is capable of 23 runs in two back to back games.

Will Senzel produce himself into a trade chip?

6 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

They are picking each other up. Can’t believe that after committing three errors in game 1 in 2023, Abrams commits his first in game 27. The did botch three DP attempts. Call made a nice play in right, and Lipscomb made a very important play late (eight hits so far in the series).

Wild that this lineup is capable of 23 runs in two back to back games.

Will Senzel produce himself into a trade chip?

We have an option on Senzel, so he might stick around. I am loving Jacob Young--will ultimately be a 4th OF, I think, but man he is such a spark plug! He is a Juan Pierre type--very useful cog in a winning team.

We also need a more reliable bridge to Harvey and Finnegan. Weems is wildly inconsistent. Maybe Hertz, Brykczy when he gets healthy. Law was good today, but again, way too inconsistent and he is awful with men on.

8 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

We have an option on Senzel, so he might stick around. I am loving Jacob Young--will ultimately be a 4th OF, I think, but man he is such a spark plug! He is a Juan Pierre type--very useful cog in a winning team.

We also need a more reliable bridge to Harvey and Finnegan. Weems is wildly inconsistent. Maybe Hertz, Brykczy when he gets healthy. Law was good today, but again, way too inconsistent and he is awful with men on.

Odd how Weems’ struggles started after pitching three days straight.

6 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Take a look at what you linked. He’s made 12 appearances and has been scored on four times. He had only been scored on once in his first eight appearances. He pitched three days in a row in Oakland which were game 6-8 for him. Then sat for six days and now has given up runs in three of his last four games.

27 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Take a look at what you linked. He’s made 12 appearances and has been scored on four times. He had only been scored on once in his first eight appearances. He pitched three days in a row in Oakland which were game 6-8 for him. Then sat for six days and now has given up runs in three of his last four games.

I misread what you typed. But that's overblown, honestly. He threw 30 pitches in 1.1 IP. That's not overuse--which is the battle cry whenever an inconsistent reliever struggles. It was the same thing with Mason Thompson last year. Fact is Weems has never been consistent--and he's been rarely used three days in a row. We need a more reliable bridge.

6 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I misread what you typed. But that's overblown, honestly. He threw 30 pitches in 1.1 IP. That's not overuse--which is the battle cry whenever an inconsistent reliever struggles. It was the same thing with Mason Thompson last year. Fact is Weems has never been consistent--and he's been rarely used three days in a row. We need a more reliable bridge.

They need to get more guys who can consistently pitch multiple innings every few games if their bullpen is being asked to cover four to five innings a night. Cant really hold up when six of the guys are one inning types.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

They need to get more guys who can consistently pitch multiple innings every few games if their bullpen is being asked to cover four to five innings a night. Cant really hold up when six of the guys are one inning types.

And Davey has trust issues. He either loves you or you won't pitch for days on end.