Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

39 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Not a fluke. Meneses hit everywhere he played in his career. His slump to start this year is the fluke. 

He started the same way this year in ST and ended up with pretty good spring numbers.

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Not a fluke. Meneses hit everywhere he played in his career. His slump to start this year is the fluke. 

He was bad last year too though. He’s hitting a ton of soft, ground balls. His metrics are not good. I hope this sparks him

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

He was bad last year too though. He’s hitting a ton of soft, ground balls. His metrics are not good. I hope this sparks him

Something’s gotta give. Garrett is hitting in Harrisburg. They need to make room for him and Wood. Rosario makes sense. Then you gotta find someone else. And then Robles should return at some point.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

MParker: 1K 1ꓘ GO       Kid has some good stuff. Froze Alvarez on a 2-2 slider for the ꓘ

Would be amazing if they have drafted some rotation pieces: Parker, Irvin, Cavalli, Rutledge.

Also, a good day to take a CJ stolen base bet at +205.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Ball Security said:

Mitchell Parker is going steal Cy Young votes away from Trevor Williams. Sad!

I'm a buyer. Kid is really impressive. He has a nasty slider/splitter today. Reminds me of a LH JZNN - Parker is a bit bigger. 7IP 3H 0R 8K 0BB w/ 57 strikes in 73 pitches. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I'm a buyer. Kid is really impressive. He has a nasty slider/splitter today. Reminds me of a LH JZNN - Parker is a bit bigger. 7IP 3H 0R 8K 0BB w/ 57 strikes in 73 pitches. 

Following him in the minors, he tended to give up lots of walks. Through two outings, he has zero which puts him on pace for…let me carry the one…yep, zero walks.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Following him in the minors, he tended to give up lots of walks. Through two outings, he has zero which puts him on pace for…let me carry the one…yep, zero walks.

Hang on...
Zack Galifianakis Math GIF

Yep...math checks out.

He also faced two very good lineups. Big Pitch Mitch has been very impressive!

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Great to win a few series in a row. Parker has been very impressive. Hopefully that continues and he's so good, you can't remove him from the rotation.

While a low pressure AB. Senzel needed that HR. He'd been pretty woeful at the plate. 

Garcia had another nice day with a few RBIs. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Great to win a few series in a row. Parker has been very impressive. Hopefully that continues and he's so good, you can't remove him from the rotation.

While a low pressure AB. Senzel needed that HR. He'd been pretty woeful at the plate. 

Garcia had another nice day with a few RBIs. 

Garcia, Winker, Williams, and the three Gray replacement starts have been an outstanding surprise to the young season. 

Also, I'm starting to get really excited for the Nats. Pitching was still a huge potential gap for the rebuild but if guys like Irvin and Parker can both turn into decent rotation pieces, suddenly you've got a lot of wiggle room with Cavalli coming back (as well as the potential to add a FA top of the rotation arm when we are ready to really compete). 

I also suspect we will see Wood and Crews later this year. Winker will make a nice trade piece at the deadline and will clear the way for Wood. Crews might be a Sept call up and get some good playing time the last few weeks of the season. I think both will be opening day starters for us next year. It's happening! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheGoodBits said:

I’d like to get Ruiz more DH work when he gets back. I really like Riley Adams and I’m curious how much better Ruiz could be at the plate if he caught less. 

I read where Ruiz has lost 18-20 lbs with the flu. After not going after Hoskins, I was hoping they’d carry a third catcher and have Ruiz DH and Adams play 1B some. Keep them from getting run ragged behind the plate.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ball Security said:

I read where Ruiz has lost 18-20 lbs with the flu. After not going after Hoskins, I was hoping they’d carry a third catcher and have Ruiz DH and Adams play 1B some. Keep them from getting run ragged behind the plate.

Early metrics too show Ruiz has improved considerably, defensively (SSS caveat attached).

21 hours ago, TheGoodBits said:

I also suspect we will see Wood and Crews later this year. Winker will make a nice trade piece at the deadline and will clear the way for Wood. Crews might be a Sept call up and get some good playing time the last few weeks of the season. I think both will be opening day starters for us next year. It's happening! 

THis is the offseason to spend. Sign Corbin Burnes. Go after Max Fried. Walker Beuler is a free agent. He's a complete moron and a wierdo, but I'd over look that if Alonso was hitting 45 bombs on Half Street. With Wood and Crews likely this year, House likely next year. Ciolek taking a different approach to the draft, lets break out of this scrap heap off-seasons and go get some good players.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2024 at 3:28 PM, EmirOfShmo said:

He looked like Patrick Corbin did in 2019. The Slider, splitter than looks like a strike for about 58 ft. and then disappears.

• Thumb up 1