Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

19 hours ago, Ball Security said:

K day for Gore. 11 in five innings. I’d imagine they’d pull him as he has 90 pitches.

I've been reading speculation that he's made the leap. What he changed in the off-season has likely made him an Ace.

Absolutely crucial for our rebuild. Especially with Corbin (and now Strasburg?) contracts off the books. We can go hard on what our farm lacks, pitching in FA.

• Like 1

Just coming in to say.  

Every time I see this thread, I hear Gabby Johnson in Blazing Saddles saying

"The Sheriff is near!"

I'll leave now, since I know absolutely nothing about the Nats. Just making a joke about the thread title. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

What a disaster. Oof

Just poor bullpen management. 6-1 with runners two guys on, just let Williams close it out. Who cares if those two runs score. This isn’t Gore where you worry about his pitch count. Williams isn’t scheduled to pitch until Saturday. Now you’re to using guys three days in a row with Weems. 

If you can’t find a spot for Rainey in three days at Oakland, why is he on the roster?

Unreal DP by Vargas and Abrams just now.

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

Lots of changes for the Nationals heading into LA:

Mitchell Parker

Nick Senzel

Drew Millas up

Amos Willingham

Trey Lipscomb down

Kiebert Ruiz IL

Lipscomb being sent down is ridiculous. If anything he should have moved up a few spots in the batting order. 

The internet is awesome.  Sitting in a hospital in Vietnam (working, not a patient), and watching the Nats.  Abrams is awesome.  Feel a bit bad for Parker, debuting against that lineup, but getting first run has to help…

6 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

The internet is awesome.  Sitting in a hospital in Vietnam (working, not a patient), and watching the Nats.  Abrams is awesome.  Feel a bit bad for Parker, debuting against that lineup, but getting first run has to help…

That’s awesome.

Imagine making your debut and you have to face Betts, Ohtani, and Freeman as your first three batters.

• Like 1

CJ is going to be a big star for a long time.  I’d offer him a big extension yesterday.

with Gore looking great and Woods on the way, the Soto trade is looking pretty fantastic , as painful as it was at the time.

Edited by bcl05
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

What a night for Mitchell Parker. Five IP, 2ER, 4 Ks including Betts twice and Ohtani. No walks.

They don’t need the fifth starter for a bit. But just keep him up. He’s earned it. Not like the extra reliever will get in anyway.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Lipscomb being sent down is ridiculous. If anything he should have moved up a few spots in the batting order. 

Why? What did he demonstrate to deserve being moved up? He was tapping soft ground balls (85 avg EV, almost 70% ground ball rate). He’s solid defensively but he needs more time in the minors.

7 hours ago, Ball Security said:

What a night for Mitchell Parker.

Big Pitch Mitch!! First pitcher to win his debut since Strasburg, I think. Our Nationals nightmare is over!

26 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Why? What did he demonstrate to deserve being moved up? He was tapping soft ground balls (85 avg EV, almost 70% ground ball rate). He’s solid defensively but he needs more time in the minors.

he was getting on base and moving around the bases well. Because he was playing solid defense and at least getting himself into a position to score more than a few guys above him, I would have like to see him bumped up a few spots to try benefiting from it. 

13 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

he was getting on base and moving around the bases well. Because he was playing solid defense and at least getting himself into a position to score more than a few guys above him, I would have like to see him bumped up a few spots to try benefiting from it. 

He’s still young and needs regular playing time that he would not have gotten now that Senzel is back. 

• Like 1