Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

27 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Is Trey Lipscomb still eligible to get us draft picks if he balls out, or did Rizzo screw it up?

I don’t think he is,  but Rizzo has nothing to do with it. To get compensation, the prospect has to be a consensus top 100 prospect. Lipscomb is not.

Though I’d much rather he get reps at third instead of Senzel.

• Thumb up 1

54 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I don’t think he is,  but Rizzo has nothing to do with it. To get compensation, the prospect has to be a consensus top 100 prospect. Lipscomb is not.

Though I’d much rather he get reps at third instead of Senzel.

Oh right, I forgot about that Top 100 stuff. I apologize for besmirching you Rizzo.

If he is legit MLB starter quality (like Lane Thomas), then how or why did everyone write off Lipscomb's Spring Training as showing nothing different from his 2023 minor league season?

It's not an iconic park. There is nothing unique or special about it. But I like it. Was always easy to get in and out and the concourses are roomie with viewpoints of the field.

Just need to figure out a way to put a retractable roof on it. 

• Like 1

Am I the only one that absolutely HATES the stupid block W hats the team has worn at home the last few years?  Go back to the Curly W hats at home.  The block W hats are UGLY, and no one would buy that hat over the traditional Curly W hats.  Whoever is in charge of their uniforms needs their ass beat.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

It's not an iconic park. There is nothing unique or special about it. But I like it. Was always easy to get in and out and the concourses are roomie with viewpoints of the field.

Just need to figure out a way to put a retractable roof on it. 

If I’m not mistaken the the home side used to have views of monuments before the high rise apartments took over?

I hate that the home bench is the one getting beat down by the sun. I’d much rather sit on the third base side but that’s where most away fans sit. 

With the exemption of half a season in 2019, I can't remember a coach here who had a good feel for the the bullpen. Like ever. I know there isn't a lot of talent. But like no feel. 

43 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

If I’m not mistaken the the home side used to have views of monuments before the high rise apartments took over?

I hate that the home bench is the one getting beat down by the sun. I’d much rather sit on the third base side but that’s where most away fans sit. 

You had to be high up in the stands to see. DCs laws about building height makes it impossible. 

5 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

With the exemption of half a season in 2019, I can't remember a coach here who had a good feel for the the bullpen. Like ever. I know there isn't a lot of talent. But like no feel. 

You had to be high up in the stands to see. DCs laws about building height makes it impossible. 

I'm trying to think too. In 2011 and 2012 our bullpen was good except for the debacle of Henry Rodriguez. Kept putting him out there, just insanity.

Just now, Metalhead said:

I'm trying to think too. In 2011 and 2012 our bullpen was good except for the debacle of Henry Rodriguez. Kept putting him out there, just insanity.

Davey Johnson was obsessed with Henry. Matt Williams had no feel for pitchers. Dusty never ever did. 

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

ROFL Bowser being booed

Wtf?

What about the crime?  I'm willing to bet money most the folks in the stadium right now don't even live in DC.

We well in our way to having all 4 major DC teams playing in DC proper. From a sports team perspective, she's standing her ground and kicking ass.

Shocked, not shocked.

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its just cool to boo politicians

Trump was scared to come out and pitch in DC...

Obama, I think you might be on to something, but he took it there :806:

Edited by Renegade7

2 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Was there a reason they're off today?

Seems weird to have an off day after game 1 of a 3 game series

Just like @@DCGoldPantssaid, most teams that have an outdoor stadium, especially non west coast teams, usually schedule an off day after the home opener. If you have a ticket for the Home Opener, and it gets rained out, you want them to have a chance to watch it on the offday.

• Thumb up 1