Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 hour ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Were headed to the hospital soon for our first baby. He will be a world series baby. My family are nats fans and I'm an astros fan since I live in Houston and the wife's family are all stos fans as well. I have baby clothes for both. I don't really know what to do. 

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Name him Juan.

Or Tony Two Bags.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who's the guy on Twitter who lip reads MLB clips and adds dialogue and commentary?  JOKO or something like that? {Edit: It's Jomboy. Thanks skinsfan_1215]  I'd like to see his take on the "play" and Davey's subsequent conversation with the umpires.

Anyway, searching for him I found this.  For fun.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Were headed to the hospital soon for our first baby. He will be a world series baby. My family are nats fans and I'm an astros fan since I live in Houston and the wife's family are all stos fans as well. I have baby clothes for both. I don't really know what to do. 

Clearly tonight's game decides this! :ols:

"Dad, why am I a Nats fan"

"Well, Max... Greinke didn't make it out of the second..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Congrats!!!🍾 

I haven't slept right in weeks, catching up as best as possible on weekends, and I'm living on adrenaline at this point. Hopefully I can get a nap in at some point after work so I can watch the game and not be a wreck the whole time. 

Surprisingly, I was relaxed for most of the game last night. Cmon, it's Strasburg. He was going to find a way. Max's questionable health and propensity for home runs early in games has me nervous, but I do know he's going to give us his all. Always does. 

The bats have also been a roll of the dice. No idea how they're going to handle the moment against a team that has been there and won. But we've won a bunch of elimination games already, so that's a positive sign. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

They weren't all on Verlander though.

And it was 3-2 after Soto's HR.  It was poetic.

Good points.  It was pretty funny in any case.

1 hour ago, thebluefood said:

Apparently, this song gave the '81 49ers good juju going into Super Bowl XVI and the sentiment remains the same so...

This is it

Make no mistake where you are 

I'm no music snob, and I actually like a lot of 80s era music.  But holy crap, man, are you trying to poison this whole Game 7 vibe?

Edited by Dan T.
  • Haha 2