Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Nats need to restrict sales to people in the Philly zip code.  There's no need for allowing these trash to come to games in DC.

Next manager hire, Lerners need to shut up and pay up.  Stop trying to be cute and cheapskate your way through managerial hires.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Trea has a broken finger...

Crap.  Right hand too.

At least Howie Kendrick will be back soon.  But this is looking really bad right now.  The bats are silent. The bullpen is a disaster. Two division rivals have walked all over them. 

1 hour ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

this team is straight garbage...

Image result for dumpster fire

I want to point out that this team is screwing up practice throws between innings.  One went slam into the stands past Zimmerman and almost hit a fan

Seeing Davey at the mound back to back let's me know he doesn't know what he's doing. 

This was just a brutal reminder that we need offense and I don't want to hear a word about how we are better without Harper.  He had more RBI then we had total runs FFS.  That was an over the top player, now we look look the bridesmaid again.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I want to point out that this team is screwing up practice throws between innings.  One went slam into the stands past Zimmerman and almost hit a fan

Seeing Davey at the mound back to back let's me know he doesn't know what he's doing. 

This was just a brutal reminder that we need offense and I don't want to hear a word about how we are better without Harper.  He had more RBI then we had total runs FFS.  That was an over the top player, now we look look the bridesmaid again.

It's a shame that keeping him would have gutted the franchise down the road. You want Rendon? You want a top shelf starting rotation? Then say goodbye to Harper. 

We didn't win anything with him and it certainly doesn't look like we're going to be winners without him. A classic no-win situation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

It's a shame that keeping him would have gutted the franchise down the road. You want Rendon? You want a top shelf starting rotation? Then say goodbye to Harper. 

We didn't win anything with him and it certainly doesn't look like we're going to be winners without him. A classic no-win situation. 

Stop doing this to yourself.  If we wanted to keep both, it would've happened, we all know this.  Gutted this franchise?  I've seen this same overacheiving, young hopeful but really a bunch of backup players swinging and missing before, it doesn't win playoff games, it barely wins divisions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

Nats need to restrict sales to people in the Philly zip code.  There's no need for allowing these trash to come to games in DC.

Do you live in the DC area? Specifically inside the beltway? Phillies fans live in this area. Restricting sales based on zip code will do nothing for someone living in Fairfax or Largo.

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

Next manager hire, Lerners need to shut up and pay up.  Stop trying to be cute and cheapskate your way through managerial hires.

They tried to pay Bryce Harper until 2072. They are cheap and I am not convinced they are that serious about spending what it takes for the Nats a championship produc.uct.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

They are cheap and I am not convinced they are that serious about spending what it takes for the Nats a championship produc.uct.

How so? They don't make the right decisions, but they went out and spent a ton this offseason. They had the 2nd highest payroll in baseball last year. 

Even Martinez makes as much or more than Alex Cora. Which is painful to say.

Cheapness isn't their problem.

• Like 1

Seem to recall a particular series against Philly in 2012 where we announced our arrival and the end of the Phillies reign. Well, that's what is happening to us now.  I hope you guys can appreciate that... end of 2018 with Harper leaving was the death of the Nats competitive era, and last night was the funeral.

Phillies will sweep this series, Nats season will be over in the first week, and they will *own* us for years, again.

NL East is going to be competitive this year, but it's a two horse race. Mets and Nats will be battling for 3rd place, 10 games back of the pack. 

Edited by skinsfan_1215

Not a great start, folks.

Before the injury, the same issues from last year haven't been fixed. Especially timely hitting. The talent you have doesn't make sense with how they'd been hitting so far. Imagine Kevin Long would be the first to feel the heat there.

Then the whole middle reliever stuff which obviously is a development/Rizzo issue.

The Trea injury could ruin their season.

7 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Do you live in the DC area? Specifically inside the beltway? Phillies fans live in this area. Restricting sales based on zip code will do nothing for someone living in Fairfax or Largo.

Philly fan heading over from somewhere inside the DMV is not the same as allowing mass sale to tour bus full of them heading down from Philly.

26 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Philly fan heading over from somewhere inside the DMV is not the same as allowing mass sale to tour bus full of them heading down from Philly.

It’s Tuesday in April and MLB fans don’t travel like east coast NHL fans.

There are lot of Philly natives who live in the DC area. They have kids too. And baseball is a recent thing in this area.

There isn’t much that the Nats can do.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin