Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

6 minutes ago, superozman said:

How is that not good conversation?  

Riggo:  Point - "Your'e not that important"

Me:  Point - "Nats ownership has never done anything to curb phillies fans"

ES Nats fans:  SEE YOU AREN'T  HERE FOR GOOD CONVERSATION!!!

Sorry, I didnt know making a counterpoint wasn't good conversation.  Point/counterpoint is crucial to good conversation!  

But it's fairgame for Riggo to take constant jabs at me.  I get it.  I'm catching on.  One day i'll have a conversation here outside the stadium :)

And here is the standard response to getting called out for trolling...it really is the Bubble Screen Method. Very effective.

A--You can't be so ignorant to think the Nationals control the schedule--well, maybe you can. If you aren't, then you were trolling.

B--Maybe bring something more recent to the conversation? Do a smidge of research before posting your thinly-veiled shots.

C--Your timing sucks--and you know it.

5 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Also curious why they made today 1:05 pm game lol right after a 7:45 start. That crazy. Can't be there today. 

Keep Phillies fans away. That really is our primary goal.

• Like 2

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Sometimes, the panic is warranted. It's just an all-too-familiar refrain from all of last year.

Sometimes it is...sometimes it isn't. When they started 4-0 last year, did that translate into a solid season? 

Listen, I get if presumed weaknesses are already manifesting themselves (bullpen, for example). But 4 games is just not enough to worry about. Not to change the subject, but is anyone truly worrying about the Orioles in the AL? NO! Why? Because even bad teams have decent 4-game stretches just as even good teams have bad ones. 

19 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

A--You can't be so ignorant to think the Nationals control the schedule--well, maybe you can. If you aren't, then you were trolling.

a)  I never said they control the schedule.  I merely suggested they requested something.  You don't think a team doesn't say "Hey MLB can we get XYZ for this date?"  or anything like that?  They would never have a suggestion?  Thanks for moving the goalposts on my comment.

B--Maybe bring something more recent to the conversation? Do a smidge of research before posting your thinly-veiled shots.

b)  That is the most recent example, so please don't suggest i didnt do research. Please tell me a more recent example?  If not, then i provided the most recent example and it is 100% applicable to the comment.  

C--Your timing sucks--and you know it.

c)  From your dissapointed in the team standpoint, i'm sure it is.  However, i am the opposing fan of the team they are currently playing.  and i would have  been here win or lose.  In fact, I purposely didn't comment during the game when the Phillies took  the lead to avoid comments like that.  But obviously you dislike and enjoy trolling me, so I'll just continue to post to annoy you :) and hopefully i have a message board with good talk about a rival/division competitor.

Edited by superozman

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Listen, I get if presumed weaknesses are already manifesting themselves (bullpen, for example).

There are two things that sank us last year:

Bullpen

Situational hitting

Horrible base running

All three have contributed to all of our losses--and almost cost us our one win. So, yes, you're absolutely right--they CAN turn it around. They started slow, under Matt Williams, of all people and turned it around. I just am not holding my breath this year.

Just now, superozman said:

Yeah I'm not even going to try that keyboard mashing. Try formatting that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

There are two things that sank us last year:

Bullpen

Situational hitting

Horrible base running

All three have contributed to all of our losses--and almost cost us our one win. So, yes, you're absolutely right--they CAN turn it around. They started slow, under Matt Williams, of all people and turned it around. I just am not holding my breath this year.

Yeah I'm not even going to try that keyboard mashing. Try formatting that.

giphy.gif

No, I get your point...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, superozman said:

Well you'll find out in 4 hours, or next Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday.  The Phillies can't win every game.

Dude, you pop up after literally never posting in a baseball thread until you sign Harper--and expect the benefit of the doubt? Did you hit your head?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Should be a bit harder to eat after we beam him in head with the first pitch.

At least that would force an identity on us.  The Nats are a bit of a rudderless ship at the moment.  Used to be strong pitching and defense.

Now we look like a Danny Smith special teams unit.

Well, they've been dormant for 7 years. They need to prove to everyone that they're so "passionate" and "die hard."

And their rule book tells them the best way to do that is to get drunk, act like asses, and get into fights. Not necessarily in that order.

God, I hate everything about Philadelphia.

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

So we just need to clone Rendon 8 times.  Problem solved.

Stlll need a bullpen.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

So we just need to clone Rendon 8 times.  Problem solved.

Do you think the ownership will have him signed by end of year?  I don't think they can let him walk at all, you can't expose Soto in a line up without some sort of protection (My assumption is it wouldn't be Turney/Soto 1-2 or 3-4.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Stlll need a bullpen.

On paper it looks solid.  Relievers can be very quirky, and just can't put my finger on it.  

15 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Annnnnd game over. We won't hit Nola.

The reverse jinx FTW!

Just now, grego said:

trying to listen to the game at work via computer. I can usually find a tunein radio station that hasn't blocked it but no dice today. 

anyone got any suggestions?

i'm at work right now listening, but I get free mlb tv and can listen and watch MLB games at work. 

Just pay for the 20 dollar MLB audio package if they still sell it. 

7 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

i'm at work right now listening, but I get free mlb tv and can listen and watch MLB games at work. 

Just pay for the 20 dollar MLB audio package if they still sell it. 

What's your password?

• Haha 1