Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

I worry that the nats just aren't going to do anything offensively this season.  Their plate approach is absolute garbage so far and there are some killer defensive lapses going on early.  Bringing back Davey was a huge mistake.  The guy is in over his head. 

There's way too much speed on this team for it to be THAT boring, but it does seem to be taking on the character of its manager. 

Having Bryce around did spice things up, but I really don't miss the drama and misplaced expectations. 

5 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

dozier been a little shaky in the field tonight

Believe that’s his 3rd fielding issue in 3+ games so far. He also hasn’t hit at all. Big disappointment so far... though historically he absolutely mashes in the summer. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CaptainJames2004 said:

I miss 2012. It stinks that we were poised to dominate for many years, yet it feels like we've only quickly declined or just been a big fat disappointment since then. Baseball is strange. 

You're telling me. As a Nats/Redskins fan living in the Chicago area and also supporting the Bulls and Blackhawks, every single one of my teams was playoff caliber in 2012. All of them except the Blackhawks either disappointed or flamed out in embarrassing public fashion. 

Now every single one of them is bad or a disappointment. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, skinswillwin06 said:

Two on, no one out. Can't even get a guy to third. Same old crap

Bench is short. Turner hurt so Difo burned. Adams hurt so Zimmerman is burned. Bench is now 3 guys, including C. Instead of having Max bunt, let’s burn the only OF left and leave the bench with only Knoll and Suzuki. ****ing genious. 

And now the ump giving pitches to Eflin that the best pitcher in baseball didn’t get. Davey needs to get his ass out of the dugout and start holding umps accountable. Yell. Throw ****. Show some ****ing emotion. He manages with the enthusiasm of a DMV teller. 

And strike 3 is not called on Herrera, double. Davey stands there with his hands in his pocket looking dumb. 

Edited by Popeman38
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

And now the ump giving pitches to Eflin that the best pitcher in baseball didn’t get. Davey needs to get his ass out of the dugout and start holding umps accountable. Yell. Throw ****. Show some ****ing emotion. He manages with the enthusiasm of a DMV teller. 

And strike 3 is not called on Herrera, double. Davey stands there with his hands in his pocket looking dumb. 

not to defend the ump (this entire game has been called terribly), but its not like davey can see the strikezone any better than the ump... the players need to speak up...

and we need to get rid of ump's and their useless position....