Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

what yall can do is get up off your asses and go to the game 

drown them out and show your support

I know it was raining yesterday but damn it there were still many people there and when Bryce cam eup to bat he was booed so loud 

Any time you hear about these Philly takeovers buy a 6 dollar ticket on Stubhub and get your ass there and boo them back. Show your support dammit. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

drown them out and show your support

Those assclowns were silent when the game was competitive. It was only it became a blowout did anyone hear them. Kinda like their fanbase in general--silent until Harper does something.

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

How so? They don't make the right decisions, but they went out and spent a ton this offseason. They had the 2nd highest payroll in baseball last year. 

Even Martinez makes as much or more than Alex Cora. Which is painful to say.

Cheapness isn't their problem.

How much of that payroll was deferred money?

Apparently, this season's payroll is 200 million even with all the players who haven't hit free agency in the squad, do you believe its worth that much?

IDK, part of this is my disgust at the fabulously wealthy and realizing the Lerners real play in this area was probably the real estate they now hold around that area, but you don't let a star player go because you were going to pay him until 2072 with zero-interest deferred money.

6 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

not a great start but you play .500 ball for about 120 games.  You guys are acting like we already played 100 games. The braves just got swept by the Phillies too.  I guess their season is over too.  GTFO out of here people.  

Most years, I'd agree with you--but this is a continuation of what we saw last year, in Spring Training, and a carbon copy so far this year. Yes, it's 4 games--but our bullpen has a 16.00 ERA. They've shown no ability to actually get people out--still. And worst of all, Davey looks like a deer in the headlights. I am not a "Dusty would have fixed this" goon, but the biggest difference between the two is confidence. Davey just looks like he quadruple guesses everything he does.

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

pparently, this season's payroll is 200 million even with all the players who haven't hit free agency in the squad, do you believe its worth that much?

The salary this year is the salary this year. They are not cheap. Let it go. There are a ton of issues with this team--spending money is not one.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

not a great start but you play .500 ball for about 120 games.  You guys are acting like we already played 100 games. The braves just got swept by the Phillies too.  I guess their season is over too.  GTFO out of here people.  

There’s nothing inspiring about being shut out twice in four games.

This team can’t score runs and it’s biggest slugger just broke his finger.  Their former star who took a short walk over to their biggest rival just came in and took a large **** on the team.  No holes were filled in the off-season and new ones have emerged.

Sorry for not being optimistic.  This team looks like it’s on the decline.

Edited by Springfield
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Those assclowns were silent when the game was competitive. It was only it became a blowout did anyone hear them. Kinda like their fanbase in general--silent until Harper does something.

We were directly under the scoreboard, right where the above video was shot.  140 sections were tour bus Phillies fans.   From our perspective it was all Phils, all the time.  

There were issues, see above, but meh, seen worse.  I will say, for all their drunkenness, when the time came, they were singing with conviction to the anthem and God Bless America, respectful to the military acknowledgements, breaking into a few USA chants.  Then of course, they went back to revelling in their victory lap.

4 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

140 sections were tour bus Phillies fans.   From our perspective it was all Phils, all the time.  

That was where they were concentrated--the rest of the stadium was 98% Nats fans. This CBP South bull**** is an extreme exaggeration by a fanbase dormant for 7 years trying to prove how passionate and die hard they are.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I want to point out that this team is screwing up practice throws between innings.  One went slam into the stands past Zimmerman and almost hit a fan

Seeing Davey at the mound back to back let's me know he doesn't know what he's doing. 

This was just a brutal reminder that we need offense and I don't want to hear a word about how we are better without Harper.  He had more RBI then we had total runs FFS.  That was an over the top player, now we look look the bridesmaid again.

Since when was this kind of talk allowed in here?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

It’s Tuesday in April and MLB fans don’t travel like east coast NHL fans.

There are lot of Philly natives who live in the DC area. They have kids too. And baseball is a recent thing in this area.

There isn’t much that the Nats can do.

You did see the story about the tour bus from Philly right?  Not selling tickets to Philly zipcode wouldn't stop that?

11 minutes ago, bearrock said:

You did see the story about the tour bus from Philly right?  Not selling tickets to Philly zipcode wouldn't stop that?

yeah, those hundreds of fans

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/04/02/phillies-fans-heading-dc-bryce-harper-return/

Like I said before, their are a lot of Philly natives in the DC area. DC is a transient city. When the Cubs come to town, there are a lot of them at the park too. Same for Cardinals and Pirates.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

This is  a super young team.  What do you expect?  Big ****ing deal about Harper.  Harper has always been someone who performs in April.  Talk to me in May about him. 

Dont expect anyone to claim theyre a contender.  They’ll be lucky if they finish 4th.

Edited by Springfield
  • Like 2

Braves/Nats/Cubs/Reds/Rockies I think are the best teams not performing right now.  Assuming Trea is out for a long period, the Nats might struggle during that as I would assume, he's the catalyst so far until Soto shows up in full force.

Looking at the names in the bullpen, they should be ok too.

I want everyone to be right on this board, LOL but it is early.   Baseball is a long season.  

As far as no philly zip code tix, people will find a way.  People will have their friend in DC buy group tix or something and us phils fans will get tix.  And if this boards sentiments are right (as Riggo alluded to finishing 4th), the ownership will want to sell as many tix as possible when they can, which means an influx of phillies fans in June, and September.

I did notice though, that the Nats/Phils don't play in DC on the weekend, which typically they do.  I wonder if the Nats team pushed for that to have less phillies fans show?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, superozman said:

I did notice though, that the Nats/Phils don't play in DC on the weekend, which typically they do.  I wonder if the Nats team pushed for that to have less phillies fans show?

Really? MLB sets the schedule. You're not that important.

• Like 1

Nothing personifies Bryce Harper more than a meaningless 2 run homer in the 9th inning in a game that was already decided. In the meaningful portions of the game against an actual legit P, he went 0-2 with 2 Ks. That's the Harper Philly will get more often than not.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, superozman said:

Were not?  Nats ownership has never done anything to curb phillies fans?  

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ticketing/take_back_park.jsp

Well, this didn't take long, did it? So much for "good conversation."

No, you're not. Good job bring up a 7 year old event--because our former President openly sold tickets to the Philly market before the DC Market. So, so typical of Phillies fans.

• Haha 1

How is that not good conversation?  

Riggo:  Point - "Your'e not that important"

Me:  Point - "Nats ownership has never done anything to curb phillies fans"

ES Nats fans:  SEE YOU AREN'T  HERE FOR GOOD CONVERSATION!!!

Sorry, I didnt know making a counterpoint wasn't good conversation.  Point/counterpoint is crucial to good conversation!  

But it's fairgame for Riggo to take constant jabs at me.  I get it.  I'm catching on.  One day i'll have a conversation here outside the stadium :)

• Haha 1