Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Like one day after becoming a Philly he talks about his dream to play there with Bobby Clarke and BD Foles (who by the way left Philly a while back LOL) 

He is as fake and fraudulent as they come 

He has no team allegiance he is a mercenary 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hatchetwound said:

I'm expecting his next instagram post to be captioned like below at the Port of Philadelphia:

Image result for how do you do fellow kids

The Ports of Philadelphia, the largest freshwater shipping complex in the world, handle the largest volume of international tonnage on the East Coast. Major imports include crude oil, fruits, iron, steel, and paper. Exports include scrap metal and petroleum products.

Edited by Barry.Randolphe
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/28/2019 at 3:59 PM, Barry.Randolphe said:

I think for Harper's first at bat at Nats Park, we applaud him for his years here...but the very next at bat from now until forever, boo him relentlessly.

I change my mind on this - I think first at bat we completely ignore him.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Seriously? Silver Diner? I get the reference...but....Silver Diner?

I like the Silver Diner :kickcan:

The odd thing about all this Harper angst is... what did he actually accomplish here? What legacy are we celebrating?

Playoff wins? Championships?

There's a reason we love and exalt Riggo and Monk and Green still and don't cheer as loud for Portis and Cooley and Moss. The latter were important members of teams that did very little. The former formed our glory years.

Harper was a very good player on a team that underachieved. He also wasn't transcendent in a way that Barry Sanders, Dan Marino, or others who became the soul of a city despite never winning were. Sanders and Marino were looked at as all time greats who were never given a team good enough to climb the mountain. Harper, it could be argued was surrounded by incredible talent, and was part of a great unit that always fell short.

• Like 4

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:05 AM, Riggo#44 said:

Here they come....

Unsurprisingly, the Nationals expect alcohol sales and fights to escalate in the RF seats, while demands for horse**** on a bun sky rocket

I was doing some research on ESPN and I ended up finding this

A couple of months before Harper signed his 13-year contract with the Phillies, Joe DiBiaggio took a calculated risk. DiBiaggio, the founder of Phans of Philly, a company that organizes travel packages to away games for Philadelphia fans, placed a deposit on 500 lower-level tickets in right field for Harper’s potential return to Washington.

8 minutes ago, Burgold said:

The odd thing about all this Harper angst is... what did he actually accomplish here? What legacy are we celebrating?

Even Scherzer will be our 1st Hall of Famer. The main point of contention with Harper is he energized that cloud of Axe Body Spray of a fan base in Philly.

• Haha 3

Following the Nats fans through 1) being at Nats park a decent amount and 2) this board and facebook you can clearly see Bryce is a type of person who wants to make no waves in the media.  And by all of the stuff he's doing for the Phillies fans I could see it as fake, but I also see it as just making sure he does the right things up front.  Wears a gritty/phanatic shirt, bow/pump fist in the first few games to the crowd, phanatic spikes, etc.  

But as far as tonight goes.  If I was a Nats fan I'd definitely understand the booing.  You signed withe a rival.  We booed Werth for the same reason.  Some people cheered Werth, and some will cheer Harper.  

I'm just glad there is a rivalry in these two cities again, as they are so close.  I feel the teams are always opposite - 1 not good, one good.

2 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

Tomorrow's my birthday and I'm taking the day off to go to the ball park. Just bought my tickets. Gonna be in section 140 - just above right field.

See ya then, Bryce & Friends. 

Have fun. Try not to catch any communicable diseases from Philadelphians.

• Haha 5

44 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I change my mind on this - I think first at bat we completely ignore him.

See, that's what I'd prefer to do every time he's at Nationals Park but you know all those wretched Broad Street Line riding SOBs from Philly are gonna cheer the lungs out so unless we want this place to actually sound like "Citizens Bank Park South" I guess we're gonna have to release the birds.

185?cb=20161024160103

• Thanks 1

Sorry all you Nats fans with a ticket, but...

Honestly, I'm rooting for the rain so all those Philly fans who came down here get soaked waiting for the game to start before it's called, then have to trudge back to their bus all wet for their soggy, smelly, traffic-choked 5 hour ride back where they came from.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yes that's the bad thing about baseblal, always being unsure whether the game is played or not. And they never tell you until you're already on your way there. Like, 3 minutes before first pitch. "Oh we aren't playing today." But we took a 2 hour metro ride from Wiehle-Reston East just to be here. For what. 

37 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Sorry all you Nats fans with a ticket, but...

Honestly, I'm rooting for the rain so all those Philly fans who came down here get soaked waiting for the game to start before it's called, then have to trudge back to their bus all wet for their soggy, smelly, traffic-choked 5 hour ride back where they came from.

Oh. Trust me. This definitely entered my mind.

5 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Maybe it'll just be a long delay.  What time's curfew on the Philadelphia Department of Corrections work release program?

Well, if they chartered buses, they have to be back by a certain time. I'd be such poetic justice seeing them flock out in the 7th.