Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

part of me hopes that Zimm will decide to call it a career.

I know he mentioned he has no intention of retiring, but there is absolutely no better way to go out. He could be honored at the home opener when the teams gets their rings and retire his jersey the same day.

whatever he decides, I back him completely. Well damn done Mr. Zimmerman

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Earlier when the Nats made the playoffs i said Bryce has got to be bitter.  Some of you (can't remember who) jumped on me for it.  It's all good.

Anyone care to revisit now? :ols:

Bryce texted to a reporter (didn't catch his name on the radio, while I was driving) that he is really happy for the players in the dough out and really happy for the people associated with the Nats. The said reporter also said they could have won with Bryce.  Also said, not a knock on him, but he was 1 out of the 25, with the lime light and all, but after he left it was just all 25 guys at the same level of attention. 

I think Bryce might be sad, but he chose money and family first and there is nothing wrong with that. 

Edited by zskins
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

part of me hopes that Zimm will decide to call it a career.

I know he mentioned he has no intention of retiring, but there is absolutely no better way to go out. He could be honored at the home opener when the teams gets their rings and retire his jersey the same day.

whatever he decides, I back him completely. Well damn done Mr. Zimmerman

He has shown that when he can actually stay healthy he has a lot left in the tank.  I’d love to have him back next season.  I’m sure he’ll take a team friendly one year deal.  Easy to forget only a couple seasons back he had a career year at the plate because he was miraculously healthy for the whole season.  Just like this postseason run where miraculously he and Howie and Eaton all stayed healthy after being so oft-injured the last couple seasons.

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Earlier when the Nats made the playoffs i said Bryce has got to be bitter.  Some of you (can't remember who) jumped on me for it.  It's all good.

Anyone care to revisit now? :ols:

I don't know that I jumped on you. I recall going at it with someone 

I still don't think he cares outside of having his name associated with it all. The dude chose money over everything else. He still would choose money. And while I know he wants to win a world series, I'm confident he doesn't want a significant paycut to do it.

He chose "highest paid player" over best place to win a ring. I don't know why you think he wouldn't do it again.

And I don't how that would leave him bitter. If he had made a decision to go somewhere else because he thought they gave him the best chance to win, and then we won and they didn't make the playoffs, I would absolutely believe he's bitter.

But he chose money and he's still got his money. And he'd choose money again.

And if you're believing he's saying anything publicly other than to advance his own PR interests... well then, lol have fun with that.

Edited by tshile

That was AWESOME!!!  They were on the ropes so many times and just battled back in.  Lots of heart and well deserved.  I feel good for the 94 year old owner.  Feel good for the city!  They deserved it.  Amazing run and it will be remembered.   

Feels good man!!

37 minutes ago, zskins said:

Bryce texted to a reporter (didn't catch his name on the radio, while I was driving) that he is really happy for the players in the dough out and really happy for the people associated with the Nats. The said reporter also said they could have won with Bryce.  Also said, not a knock on him, but he was 1 out of the 25, with the lime light and all, but after he left it was just all 25 guys at the same level of attention. 

I think Bryce might be sad, but he chose money and family first and there is nothing wrong with that. 

I'm sure he's happy for his friends but I'm sure he's bitter as well. I mean its not like we offered him minimum wage, we offered him a lot of money too(deferred payments blah blah whatever, Max Scherzer got deferred payments too and he's not exactly starving)but he took a little bit more to go somewhere else. He always talked about legacy and all that, well you don't build a legacy with money you do it with rings and he could have had his first in the city that looked at him like a hero.

He might end up winning one eventually, but history is not on his side. Look at all the great players that sign mega contracts with other teams, they seldom win. The Giants didn't win until after Bonds retired. The Rangers made it to two straight World Series after trading A-Rod. Pujols hasn't come close since he signed with the Angels. Baseball just isn't conducive to that. The only exception really might be the Yankees when they signed Texiera but I wouldn't put that in the same class, plus its the Yankees and they just play with a different set of rules than other teams.

41 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I want Zimmerman back on a team-friendly deal. He proved his present-day worth to his team and he's absolutely better, today, than most aging mercenaries we could stick on the bench for depth. 

Absolutely. He's our Cal Ripken. He should never wear another uniform.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I got that paper too and the other one. Wasn't a sports fan or collecting for the top 2.

IMG_20191031_174208.jpg

IMG_20191031_174223.jpg

IMG_20191031_174232.jpg

IMG_20191031_060225.jpg

I just purchased 2 papers off of ebay. Hard to get the post out here in Colorado.

54 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

The circle is complete

74181108-10220392493790758-2624435565742

73180605-10220392494070765-5537104780402

75473959-10220392493670755-6779657790005

73280490-10220392494750782-3122557059459

And I saw all four of them. I’m old and so very happy. 

Edited by Butchie_T
  • Like 3

keeping it a buck, the world series trophy is easily the worst of the the big 4 sports and quite a couple of soccer leagues have it beat as well

i planned on incorporating the trophy into the tattoo i'm getting, but nah that aint gonna work

Edited by StillUnknown

57 minutes ago, Butchie_T said:

I just purchased 2 papers off of ebay. Hard to get the post out here in Colorado.

And I saw all four of them. I’m old and so very happy. 

you can call the ‭Washington Post @: (202) 334-5154‬, purchase individual copies of the paper and have it delivered to you.  No idea on costs associated.