Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Philthy at Redskins


TK

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

 

Well I can agree with you on the hopelessness after we lost our interior line, CT, most of our receivers, then Alex and realizing we were dead man walking despite having a 6-4 record. '93 for me and seeing us get pistol whipped by the Cardinals 36-6 after seeing us basically never lose to them during the Gibbs era. '94 with Shuler 6 int game, or was it 7 vs the Cardinals.. Spurrier's last year in '03, we had no offense and the D was terrible. '98 when we started 0-6 and couldn't score to save our lives.. '96 when we started 7-1 and were 8-3 and seemingly playoff bound only to finish 9-7 and close out RFK out of the playoffs.

I’d say the difference in those years are that we weren’t so far removed from the Superbowl so, it felt new and hope was still there for “next year” or at least “soon”, but what we have now is just reality had sinking in. 2+ decades will do that to a fan base. Snyder is like a plague as far as football is considered.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Eagles have no secondary, so naturally the game plan was to test that secondary with passes to the running backs.

Jay started the game with a play action pass which got picked off and from that point there was never a thought to try anything deep ever again.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7UhNPcC.png.a2ff11535523d634a72d20773fa5

 

Missed the 1st half... at least got my chores done, the oil change (oil cap on this car was a **** to take off)  and then installing the fog lights on my wife's car took longer than expected. Looks like I didn't miss anything.... lol

 

:cheers:

Link to post
Share on other sites

One lesson for those who bought into the early season run.  Don't let your heart get in the way of reality.  I'm pissed this year of how we started choking in the middle of the season.  Most of the Skins fans who feel deeply hurt bought into the fools gold of us beating up on bad or injured teams besides the great Panthers victory.

 

Next season, don't get too high on the wins and don't get too low on losses.  Pay attention to the games within the game.  I didn't think we were a horrible team starting out, but I knew we weren't as good as the lil run we had made us look.  I said in earlier posts many weeks ago that I don't think we can consistently compete with good teams on the latter part of our schedule, and I was pretty much spot on.  Again, I'm pissed but I'm not hurt or surprised because I knew the schedule would exposed who we really were.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zskins said:

Missed the 1st half... at least got my chores done, the oil change (oil cap on this car was a **** to take off)  and then installing the fog lights on my wife's car took longer than expected. Looks like I didn't miss anything.... lol

 

:cheers:

 

You might want to see if any of your neighbors have any car maintenance that needs doing...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I guess the broadcast crew was told not to mention the complete turmoil of the skins organization, and just build up the eagles.

Don’t forget, the media are just haters. They never mention us with the greats, they always predict us to us a bad record and constantly take us for a joke. A joke!!!!! A great team like us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just dug out the ol Griffen jersey!   Don't know why, just embracing the suck.  Plus its tighter and makes me look more buff.

4 minutes ago, zskins said:

7UhNPcC.png.a2ff11535523d634a72d20773fa5

 

Missed the 1st half... at least got my chores done, the oil change (oil cap on this car was a **** to take off)  and then installing the fog lights on my wife's car took longer than expected. Looks like I didn't miss anything.... lol

 

:cheers:

We're wearing yellow pants again. Other than that nothing new.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If reports are true that Gruden & Allen's jobs are intact that could be a huge reason that everyone feels so mum.  In previous eras there was at least the excitement of an offseason coming and starting over and maybe getting things right.   2019 will be more of the same, but probably worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

One lesson for those who bought into the early season run.  Don't let your heart get in the way of reality.  I'm pissed this year of how we started choking in the middle of the season.  Most of the Skins fans who feel deeply hurt bought into the fools gold of us beating up on bad or injured teams besides the great Panthers victory.

 

Next season, don't get too high on the wins and don't get too low on losses.  Pay attention to the games within the game.  I didn't think we were a horrible team starting out, but I knew we weren't as good as the lil run we had made us look.  I said in earlier posts many weeks ago that I don't think we can consistently compete with good teams on the latter part of our schedule, and I was pretty much spot on.  Again, I'm pissed but I'm not hurt or surprised because I knew the schedule would exposed who we really were.

 

 

Yep, fans can be blind. It was obvious the team was not legitimate but some just wanted to believe so much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TK unpinned this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...