Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Philthy at Redskins

TK

Just now, Catatonic said:

Come back next year.  It will make this year look not so bad.

I don't know how it could get worse, mainly because I've gotten to the point now where I've just become almost unaffected by it. I've finally become apathetic. When you cease giving a crap, it really can't get any worse. 

3 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

This is absolutely the worst Redskins season ever for me, and I've been watching since the 70s. The record, the sense of utter hopelessness, the embarrassment and dejection, the constant humiliation on and off the field, the stadium filled with other team's fans ... absolute rock bottom. 

2009?

2 minutes ago, SprintBomb said:

The Redskins we know don't exist anymore. 20 years of embarrassment has almost erased that

I wonder if Dan realizes he has destroyed this organization and how he rationalizes not only what he has done to the winning but the culture and excitement and how he has ruined something so many people enjoyed.

Just now, Gibbs828791 said:

I wonder if Dan realizes he has destroyed this organization and how he rationalizes not only what he has done to the winning but the culture and excitement and how he has ruined something so many people enjoyed.

As long as his pockets straight, I don't think he gives a damn.

5 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Cmon on Kirk come back in the second half so the eagles fan go home angry

Vikings O line is getting blown up at the LOS.  Kirk has zero time to throw.  Chicago's D is something right now.  He may win the second half cause the Ram's are kicking ass and so there would be no reason for Chicago to keep their starters in and risk injury in the second half.   They were just trying to move up to the second seed IF the Ram's won.

1 minute ago, Dissident2 said:

This is absolutely the worst Redskins season ever for me, and I've been watching since the 70s. The record, the sense of utter hopelessness, the embarrassment and dejection, the constant humiliation on the field, the stadium filled with other team's fans ... absolute rock bottom. 

Well I can agree with you on the hopelessness after we lost our interior line, CT, most of our receivers, then Alex and realizing we were dead man walking despite having a 6-4 record. '93 for me and seeing us get pistol whipped by the Cardinals 36-6 after seeing us basically never lose to them during the Gibbs era. '94 with Shuler 6 int game, or was it 7 vs the Cardinals.. Spurrier's last year in '03, we had no offense and the D was terrible. '98 when we started 0-6 and couldn't score to save our lives.. '96 when we started 7-1 and were 8-3 and seemingly playoff bound only to finish 9-7 and close out RFK out of the playoffs.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

The end of 2009 there was hope.  Zorn was going to be fired and Vinny has been fired, and we didn’t know Bruce was going to be worse than Vinny at that point.

Who would have thought anyone could be worse than Vinny.

12 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

This is absolutely the worst Redskins season ever for me, and I've been watching since the 70s. The record, the sense of utter hopelessness, the embarrassment and dejection, the constant humiliation on and off the field, the stadium filled with other team's fans ... absolute rock bottom. 

After Lafemina got fired, I saw a comment by someone on Twitter saying that while this wasn't the worst season record-wise, it was the worst season at FedEx Field by far.  I absolutely agree. 

Wonder if the Eagles can bleed another 10 minutes off the clock on the opening drive. 

Archived