Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: A once-proud franchise, the Redskins are showing signs of foundational cracks

hail2skins

Saying the foundation is showing signs of cracks suggests there is a foundation.    I’d argue that obviously Snyder inherited a top franchise with a solid foundation but has since completely demolished it.  He has systematically ruined what made the Redskins once great.

This franchise now is better compared to an aged mobile home which is rusting and falling apart.  It resides in a delapitated park where no one wants to be.  The manager is clueless and doesn’t actually know how to run a mobile home park but his daddy once did.   The owner is also clueless and doesn’t understand why the peasants who live there are complaining.   

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd love that. But according to Vinny he Gregg and Dan didn't hit it off socially when they watched the playoffs together.

Well you've been stating Dan's socially awkward all week so....:ols:

Just now, Andre The Giant said:

Thx for sharing. Would be a popular move. 

It's to early for there to even be any smoke on that remotely happing. 

Todd Bowles is the cheaper/ex player DC option. Bowles won't move the needle as a fanbase hire.

GW however is the option that dumps ice down the front of the fanbase's pants & temporally cools the fanbase off. Plus Cleveland would have to decided that GW isn't the coach to marry to Baker Mayfield for the next 5-10 years. GW would most likely want control over his side of defense coaches, & not just accept everyone still under contract. Plus he'd bring his son Blake with him. Blake took over calling the Browns D when Gregg took over as HC. Like Scott when he left, Gregg said he'd be open to coming back here again provided Vinny was gone. Though in Scott's case, it'd be Bruce being gone. 

What needs to be done...

To get the fans back Mr. Snyder you should apologize to the fans for allowing the kneeling during the Anthem. Make a rule no kneeling during the Anthem, punishment will be either a 1 game benching or a fine and the money will go to the Veterans Administration or a non profit organization for survivors of police officers who have been killed.

Next: #FireBruceAllen or move him to a admin away from everyday football decisions. 

Next: Fire Gruden.

Next: Apologize to Scot McCloughan and buy him a good dinner, pay him twice as much to come back. 

Next: throw the bank at Nick Saban to come to the Skins. 

One conundrum I see:

What Snyder NEEDS is to hire a grown-up to run the entire football operation--a dominating, Parcells-type--who will basically drive Snyder into just being "Fan #1" and not a part of the decision-making process.

What Snyder WANTS is a drinking/racquetball buddy who will make him feel important.

Snyder's going to have to want it badly enough (or be threatened by the league) in order to do what he needs to do.

57 minutes ago, VRIEL1 said:

What needs to be done...

edited 

Next: #FireBruceAllen or move him to a admin away from everyday football decisions. 

Next: Fire Gruden.

Next: Apologize to Scot McCloughan and buy him a good dinner, pay him twice as much to come back. 

Next: throw the bank at Nick Saban to come to the Skins. 

You clearly have either not read the rules here or have chosen to ignore them. Let me help you: Politics in the Stadium is strictly prohibited! So far the mods have been a little lenient with the Kaep conversation as it relates directly to our QB situation. But your comment is a direct violation of the rules. If you get it cleared (I have edited it out of my comment) you may not get an unplanned vacation from ES. 

It's bad enough our team is so dysfunctional. The one thing left is there is some place to come talk about football - not politics! So please respect your fellow posters and keep that stuff out of here. The place for your rant is in the Tailgate: https://es.redskins.com/forum/12-the-tailgate/ 

1 hour ago, TK said:

It's to early for there to even be any smoke on that remotely happing. 

Todd Bowles is the cheaper/ex player DC option. Bowles won't move the needle as a fanbase hire.

GW however is the option that dumps ice down the front of the fanbase's pants & temporally cools the fanbase off. Plus Cleveland would have to decided that GW isn't the coach to marry to Baker Mayfield for the next 5-10 years. GW would most likely want control over his side of defense coaches, & not just accept everyone still under contract. Plus he'd bring his son Blake with him. Blake took over calling the Browns D when Gregg took over as HC. Like Scott when he left, Gregg said he'd be open to coming back here again provided Vinny was gone. Though in Scott's case, it'd be Bruce being gone. 

I know not everyone here is a Gregg guy.  I am a big Gregg guy personally.  Among the ones potentially available, he's actually the only defensive coach I can think of that would move the needle for me with Bowles being a distant 2nd.

While I agree with all the lipstick on the pig comments made by others.  At the same time, it would be even more depressing to me if they didn't even try something.   And I am not even a big Manusky hater, I am ok with him.    But if all they do is change the coordinator -- get a big name here for a change.  I've defended Jay on plenty and am ok with him staying.  But I do agree with the critique that he hasn't gone for big names at the D coordinator for whatever reason.  Shanny ditto.  

The last time I thought wow lets wait to we see what our D coordinator has in store to foil the next QB-offense was way back when Gregg was here.  Not that Gregg is perfect.  He's abrasive.  He can be too much bend not break among other things.  But the dude IMO is an above average tactician.   And on that side of the ball, we've not had someone reputation wise of that caliber IMO since he left.  And it would return us to a 4-3 which Cooley among others say fits our personnel better.

39 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

This foundation was crackling long ago.  We just repaint and do a few cosmetic changes every few years.  We probably have 6 floors on top of the rotting floor but no one wants to do anything about it. 

IMO GW would be a person who would throw all of the BS players/Allen/coaches/negativity into that giant crack then drive over it constantly with a steam roller with a bottle of gin in his hands til it was flat.

But some are more hesitant about him coming back, and I get that, but he's the type of guy who will have a few up and down years, and the first time there was any negativity on the team they'll be calling for his head.

One thing GW gets players to do, and that's to play hard. Play dedicated. Play with a purpose.  He won't stand for any BS, and that's the problem with this entire organization, too much BS.

I’d take Gregg back on any capacity.  Though the Browns should keep him as HC.

I have to think Gregg would get a few interviews for HC based on what he managed with the Browns.

I’d prefer him as. HC, but even as a Dc, he might be able to instill discipline, at least on the defensive side.  And maybe some of his toughness would rub off on Jay. Which would be helpful.

Your right sorry. Didnt know there was a taboo topic. I was just trying to honestly discuss what statistically has proven to turn a majority of the fans away and how it could be fixed. My apologies for trying to have an adult conversation about the problems. It won't happen again.

How can Dan be stunned by fans being pissed off? Is he really that retarded?

He's known as a business man, they don't like to lose in the business world.. why would he think trotting out mediocre teams year after year would be ok with fans and they'll pay regardless of the crap that is put on the field.

Is he REALLY that out of touch with reality? He doesn't understand that fans are fed up with subpar teams and retarded high prices, and can find better things to do with their time then stare at the screen in disbelief week after week?

If he really thinks the moves him and his lackey Bruce made will endear fans and bring them in droves, our once proud franchise is in significantly more trouble than we thought.

5 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

How can Dan be stunned by fans being pissed off? Is he really that retarded?

Is he REALLY that out of touch with reality?

He doesn't understand that fans are fed up with subpar teams and retarded high prices, and can find better things to do with their time then stare at the screen in disbelief week after week?

Yes. 

Yes. 

Yes 

30 minutes ago, VRIEL1 said:

Your right sorry. Didnt know there was a taboo topic. I was just trying to honestly discuss what statistically has proven to turn a majority of the fans away and how it could be fixed. My apologies for trying to have an adult conversation about the problems. It won't happen again.

You can be as sarcastic as you want.  But the rules are here for a reason.  Follow or don’t it’s up to you. But there are consequences.  

I’ll be glad to have this conversation in the tailgate where it belongs. I have provided one response to the original comments.  Will provide another addressing these again political comments in the proper place when I have a few minutes.  

I read this morning that the Redskins bring in $491 million per year in revenues.  The salary cap is $177.2 million leaving almost $315 million to pay for coaches, FO, staff, overhead, facilities, etc.   My guess is that Snyder and his minority partners split about $150-200 million per year with Snyder getting the bulk of that.   Snyder used to go after old future HOF players so he could make money off Jersey sales.  He loved RG3 for that reason since his jerseys outsold every other player in 2012 by a wide margin.   I also know that drama creates news which creates page hits which is monetized in some way that adds to the revenues.  So when things aren’t doing well on the field, he sends out Tony Wylie to stir up drama to keep the Redskins in the news.   

I drive by Redskins Park everyday and could never understand the logic between Snyder being a diehard fan and yet having the worst training facility in the NFL.  They didn’t even have an indoor practice field until Shanahan forced it after practicing in local school gyms or reception halls at places like Lansdowne.   The fields they do have are built on a flood plain and I remember them once being under water.   The place is a dump and an embarrassment and it makes you wonder why Snyder doesn’t build a better facility to attract free agents.  

Even the summer training camp facility in Richmond was paid for by the state to keep the Redskins in Virginia so Snyder uses the team to extract freebies to save his own money.  He seems very reluctant to spend his money to improve anything to make the team better.  Compare Snyder to Wilf who owns the Vikings who just built a beautiful state-of-the-art facility for over $1 billion as well as footing half of the $ 1 billion expense for their new stadium.  Wilf is what an NFL owner that is committed looks like and Snyder is the polar opposite. 

I am totally convinced that Snyder is in it for the money.  He is already bringing in $491 million in revenues with the crappy product he puts out and I believe he is just hoping to get lucky someday with a team that shows some promise that goes past the first round of the playoffs without it costing him any of his profits.   

The new stadium fits the story since it hopefully allow him to sell FedEx Field which he owns then move into a tax payer stadium on the former RFK land allowing him to reap more profits without having to spend any of his money.  This all points to extreme greed.  

I often wondered how he got to this point.   Maybe the lack of success in the early years due to his inexperience and incompetence together with the league punishing the team for the Haynesworth fiasco, the controversy over the redskins name, plus not being able to attract top coaches who have turned him down... then add in the extreme anger directed towards him by the fans has all together forced him into the state of ‘screw you’.  This is the only thing that makes sense to me that he really doesn’t care anymore about the fans and that he is in it for the money and winning is just icing on the cake but not a top priority.  

This is why I am no longer a fan and have been pushed over the brink to actually rooting for them to lose just so someday Snyder will hopefully be forced to sell.  

Archived