Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at An's Boobs

TK

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I have to watch that play again.  Cooley on the broadcast basically said the play was run OK but Johnson overthrew it, I recall him saying it just sailed on Johnson.  But like I said, maybe he changes his mind upon review. 

Doesn't matter at this point either way. I just think JJ has shown enough to come back and didn't want people referring to that play as why he "sucks". Lol.

7 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

I dont care about the int, we should of never been in that situation our offense kept the D fresh and they let Gabbert drive over and over in the 2nd half. Gruden has cost us the playoffs twice with these dumb D coordinator hires.

On the radio they say why are people upset because all of us would of taken a close game...guys that changed when you had the lead on Gabbert

The entire defense aggressive rushing ended when gabbert came in...

I thought the team played valiently, gutsy, and came up short on the road.  The gameplans were fine and good enough to win.  I would look to upgrade Manusky and if you can move on from Allen I would. Promote the kid Smith and keep Gruden. I would also change the entire medical and physical training staff. Reset that puppy. 

To call the coach to be more aggressive with a qb that’s  been here 3 weeks is unreasonable imo. To say that injuries are part of the game is true, to say that the amount the skins have endured over the last two seasons is not a huge impediment and a big part of the reason for our record imo is also unreasonable. 

I think Gruden can get it done. 

Everyone on the Josh Johnson train.  I think he has done a fine job given the overall situation on offense, but if somehow he ended up the Week 1 starter in 2019, he is going to have to better, which you would assume he might be with a healthy O-line and 1st string skill position players all back and healthy, but you never know.   The biggest X factor with journeymen QB's is turnovers.  It is part of why Colt has never been able to get over the hump, he ends up hurting the team too much with his turnovers.  Josh Johnson has been playing almost Alex Smith like....not a whole lot passing the ball, just enough to move the chains and hit some guys when they are open, but today he was aided heavily by a stout running game for the most part.  

We will see what the future brings beyond a meaningless Week 17 game, I just don't want to get hyped up over someone playing decently in a bad situation.

EDIT: It looked like Gruden switched up the running scheme today to suit what AP does best, which is get the ball and run down hill.  Let him make his jump cut and go.  He has always done that better here than trying to force him into the zone running scheme.

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Everyone on the Josh Johnson train.  I think he has done a fine job given the overall situation on offense, but if somehow he ended up the Week 1 starter in 2019, he is going to have to better, which you would assume he might be with a healthy O-line and 1st string skill position players all back and healthy, but you never know.   The biggest X factor with journeymen QB's is turnovers.  It is part of why Colt has never been able to get over the hump, he ends up hurting the team too much with his turnovers.  Josh Johnson has been playing almost Alex Smith like....not a whole lot passing the ball, just enough to move the chains and hit some guys when they are open, but today he was aided heavily by a stout running game for the most part.  

We will see what the future brings beyond a meaningless Week 17 game, I just don't want to get hyped up over someone playing decently in a bad situation.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he is the next Tom Brady. I am not even calling for him to be the starter. I just want him to come back and at least be given an opportunity next season while our future QB is sorted out. If he turns out to be worse in TC than Colt and any others we may sign then fine. I just think he's earned the opportunity at least.

you know, on one hand I can say well we are playing with a very hurt and depleted team and not feel so bad but on the other hand I have to say we stink and mediocrity is the name of the game for the Redskins. There is no good to come of being 7-9 (yes we lose to the Eagles next week)  I just as soon be 3-13 wi89th a nice pick in the first round

Just now, skinsfan35yrs. said:

you know, on one hand I can say well we are playing with a very hurt and depleted team and not feel so bad but on the other hand I have to say we stink and mediocrity is the name of the game for the Redskins. There is no good to come of being 7-9 (yes we lose to the Eagles next week)  I just as soon be 3-13 wi89th a nice pick in the first round

The downside of this is... Why couldn't the team fight and win some of the games they lost when they weren't as hurt? I commend Jay for rallying the team, but there were several games we came out flat and uprepared and had we won those then this game wouldn't have been the nail in the coffin.

If this game were the season then I would say, "Keep Jay. Helluva job." However, it's been four out of five years of just doing enough to fall short. 

I wouldn't hate it if we retained him next year, but I'd see our ceiling maxing out at 8 wins and our floor being around 2. I would like to see Bruce go regardless of what happens to Jay. Bruce's record doesn't deserve a ten year tenure.

Archived