Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at An's Boobs

TK

4 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Teams need players to made plays to win. The following plays were there, but not made.

JJ missing an open Doctson deep over middle opening drive.

Floyd dropping a ball at the 5 yard line.

Safety or LB giving up a 3rd and long conversion on catch and run by their 85.

Ball through hands of Clinton Dix.

"Illegal contact" (the ball wasnt even close

Good summary, I feel like we gave that game away. 

Also, the first JJ interception. Sprinkle wide open for the dump off first down. Plus Doctson was open for a huge gain if he hadn't stopped running and played hide and seek behind the defender.

I see DJ has been kicking off, followed now by Jon Allen defending Manusky. I think Jon Allen wins that battle, even though I really like DJ, #93 is turning into the Trent Williams of our D.

Team needs a complete overhaul of DB's and LB's

40 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Team needs a complete overhaul of DB's and LB's 

Not so sure about that. There are some youngsters that are interesting out there. SDH has been playing fine in his two starts in place of Zach Brown. We need a real monster at ILB, that's for sure as Brown is on his way out.

When it comes to DB, the only real problem we do have is HHCD. Others are OK. Moreau, Stroman are youngsters that had some problems earlier but are improving.

32 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Not so sure about that. There are some youngsters that are interesting out there. SDH has been playing fine in his two starts in place of Zach Brown. We need a real monster at ILB, that's for sure as Brown is on his way out.

When it comes to DB, the only real problem we do have is HHCD. Others are OK. Moreau, Stroman are youngsters that had some problems earlier but are improving.

I guess complete overhaul was an exaggeration, but I'd be after 2 or 3 new starters.

1 minute ago, fordranger76 said:

Im not a Manusky fan at all but I would take Allen's words over Swearingers 10/10 times. And come to think of it the ones that have complained this season about various things on Defense are the ones that usually are looking like fools on the field. Swearinger, Brown, and Foster? Hmm.

Swearinger missed a key tackle but I wouldn't lump him with Brown and Foster, the dude if I recall is top 3 safety by PFF metrics, alternate to the Pro Bowl for a reason, he's played well this year.  He is also clearly the most passionate guy pre game -- most I've seen since London Fletcher.  Clearly, he gets overly passionate but I'd take that over the guys who don't care to that degree.

34 minutes ago, Hooterman said:

Just watched that clip.  I'd say Norman is pretty lucky Lewan walked away and didn't pound him into dust.  

But that is definitely not taunting right? Refs are real pieces of **** where we are concerned. Spin the ball at no-one and we get taunting flags. Point a DB's own celebration at him whilst staring him down and no flag. Bull ****ing ****.

28 minutes ago, UKskins said:

But that is definitely not taunting right? Refs are real pieces of **** where we are concerned. Spin the ball at no-one and we get taunting flags. Point a DB's own celebration at him whilst staring him down and no flag. Bull ****ing ****.

That happened after the game. Well after the game. There are no refs on the field and no flags to throw. The refs have no place in this. It looked classless what he did, but honestly when you win you can act how you like. You can be classless or gracious, it’s your choice. 

1 hour ago, fordranger76 said:

Im not a Manusky fan at all but I would take Allen's words over Swearingers 10/10 times. And come to think of it the ones that have complained this season about various things on Defense are the ones that usually are looking like fools on the field. Swearinger, Brown, and Foster? Hmm.

I'm not gonna trust Allen 100% here. He seems like a guy being politically correct but that will open his mouth behind the scene. Earlier this season he was part of those rumblings after the poor showing against the Colts. So I think he might agree with DJ here and just answer the good public answer.

Brown is already out of this team as he's been demoted for Shaun Dion Hamilton. He didn't liked it, but honestly, his play has been subpar this year.

1 hour ago, Hooterman said:

Just watched that clip.  I'd say Norman is pretty lucky Lewan walked away and didn't pound him into dust.  

21 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Norman's issue are with himself. He knows he's not feared and/or that respected that much as threat on the field these days.

18 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

That happened after the game. Well after the game. There are no refs on the field and no flags to throw. The refs have no place in this. It looked classless what he did, but honestly when you win you can act how you like. You can be classless or gracious, it’s your choice. 

So, regarding the Norman/Lewan's incident. It was classless from Lewan, definately. And guy backed it up because he thought Norman's was trying to injure his teammates at the end of the game (which didn't looked like to me and Norman, does lots of trash talking, but isn't the kind of dirty player). Now that was also easy from him to go after Norman. He didn't did it against Trent Williams or Daron Payne... So, that is also shameful from him.

And if he wants to go after guys that hurts people, well he's got some from the Texans that did a few cheap shots, like Brandon Scherff, and went out of it free of flags or fine IIRC.

Last, I expect the NFL to fine both of them, equally. If for whatever reason they fine Norman more than Lewan's it's a shame on the NFL.

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

Last, I expect the NFL to fine both of them, equally. If for whatever reason they fine Norman more than Lewan's it's a shame on the NFL.

I don't know. Lewan was clasless in mocking Norman, but Norman escalated things where if it wasn't for Lewan's restraint it would have been a brawl. 

That's just the way this teams  defensive leadership handles thinga.. Weather it's DJ, Foster or Norman, these guys vent publicly as opposed to finding solutions. 

1 hour ago, Redskin4ever said:

Flag wasn't gonna happen, but teams really took this stance there'd be a post game fight every week in the NFL.  There's a saying call "leave it on the field", the fine print on that one is while the clock is running.

14 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Maybe.  I’m not big on NFL coaches having to motivate.  I am big on them having to prepare, and prepared teams are naturally motivated.

I don’t see Jay as some master motivator.  Hell, does anybody think Bellichick gives ra ra speeches?  He motivates by preparation and if you can’t do it, you’re gone.  

My issue sue with Jay is the team isn’t well prepared.  I don’t honestly care if he’s laid back or not if the team is prepared.

Bowles might not be perfect, but I’d take a shot over Jay because I think he’d fix the defense, which has more talent, and the team would be prepared.

But whatever.  Jay is safe.

I live in the NY area and I listen to the sports talk shows all day. The fans and talk show hosts that are Jet fans cannot wait to get rid of Bowles. If he does in DC what he is doing in NY you will wish you had Jaybird back.

2 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

Ah OK, that clears that up then. Thanks. Still a dick move to do what he did, but you can't throw flags after the game (although tbf would anyone really be surprised if we had flags thrown against us after the game?)

25 minutes ago, dyst said:

Oh boohoo, someome did the bow and arrow celebration. 

He probably wouldn’t have done that, if they lost. If you don’t want a team to celebrate then don’t let them win.

Notice how a 300lb linemen picks on a 185lb DB? Some guys just do not know how to win. Why didn't he make fun of someone his own size and by the way, keep your helmet on tough guy! 

16 hours ago, skinsfan1523 said:

Refs had it out for us today idgaf what anyone says

Ahhh....  There it is.  The weekly ref conspiracy cry out to the world.  No.  The Redskins have their own conspiracy against themselves being a good team.  The Redskins are biased to losing.

We loss to Blaine F'ing Gabbert.  Let that sink in for a minute.  If we gonna accuse the refs of "having it out for us", then make sure we acknowledge when those same refs help us win a game or two like they have this season.  Make sure we acknowledge when the refs let US get away with face masks, holding, and other penalties they didn't throw a flag on, just like any other team.

The New Years resolution for some should be to do away with the BS ref/league bias and conspiracy.  It makes the real knowledgable Redskins fanbase of ours look weak, whiny, and unknowledgable about the game of football.  Excuses and blaming the refs, the league, and the media "bias" is loser talk.

Our fanbase used to be different.  Not this weekly crying about conspiracy and biases.  

21 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Notice how a 300lb linemen picks on a 185lb DB? Some guys just do not know how to win. Why didn't he make fun of someone his own size and by the way, keep your helmet on tough guy! 

Maybe because Norman was trash talking during the game so the Titans player went after him. Who knows, either way you can easily take care of this by making tackles, defending passes, getting INT and securing the win. 

I have no idea of the merit of going with zone vs man, but I do know that I don’t want Foster (or an OLB) playing zone there.  I probably would have played zone and blitzed Foster, but I’m just a guy on a keyboard.  

There is merit to Swearinger’s comments about blitzing safeties and corners though.  I’ll go back to the point I’ve made before though - with really young corners, I think Manusky tries hard to protect them.  

I’m mostly indifferent on Manusky, but I think some our talent deficiencies handcuff his play calling a bit.  The D has been up and down - stopping the run really well at times and piling up sacks and turnovers, but looking like Swiss cheese at other times.  My biggest complaint, as @Skinsinparadise has talked about - giving up scores after we put points on the board.  There’s potential for huge momentum swings in those moments and the D consistently lets us down.  

Probably not a popular opinion, but I’m not gonna be made whether they keep Manusky or not.  I would be curious to see what this D would look like if we added a good (at least situational) pass rusher, perhaps a replacement for Foster, and with the young corners gaining experience.  

Archived