Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at An's Boobs

TK

Just now, bonesbr549 said:

wow totally forgot the game was on.  The gods took mercy on me today.   

I didn't forget, but I only scanned the game today. Too many Christmas and family related things were happening today.

Sounds like a usual game in the Gruden era.

Norman isn't perfect but I do think the dude cares.  The secondary isn't that hot right now and he's arguably the best corner.  Dunbar got off to a hot start but then faded some later in the season pre injury.    My point is if the secondary needs help in its current form, it will need even more help when they let Norman go which I am assuming is inevitable

The play at the end of the game on 3rd and 3 was not what I thought was needed.  We're obviously going for a field goal with the way we're running the clock, so all we really need is 19 yards to get to the 30 in 2 minutes.   Jay has me shaking my head too often these days.  The D simply folded once Gabbert showed up.  They need to hang their heads.

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

So the way DJ talks it's seems like he doesn't hold himself accountable for any of the issues on defense, maybe there's a good reason for that, not sure.

I don't think he's played all that well the last half of the season, but in his defense he has been all but saying that coaches are putting them in position to fail, not succeed. Can't say "it's all on me" if your coach is telling you to zig when you know you should be zagging.

I just watched Gruden’s presser and it all made sense to me.  He said they

were getting 4 to 5 yards a rush on first down.

As you all know, I tracked EVERY First down run in the game, up until the 4th quarter we were averaging JUST over 2 yards a carry.

Jay is just dyslexic.  He doesn’t recognize the difference between 2 and 4.  He just flips them in his head.  (I’m dyslexic, so I get it)

Either that or he failed Kindergarten.

Either that or he’s completely game unaware.

You pick. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Norman isn't perfect but I do think the dude cares.  The secondary isn't that hot right now and he's arguably the best corner.  Dunbar got off to a hot start but then faded some later in the season pre injury.    My point is if the secondary needs help in its current form, it will need even more help when they let Norman go which I am assuming is inevitable

People called corner issues before season started after losing a starter and our nickel guy.  Holding on this long was a pleasant surprise.  Im not in the "get rid of him" boat either, a restrcutre convo should be had, especially in light of what a young on with Alex

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

McCarthy HC, Bowles DC, draft Haskins

No thank you on a McCarthy.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Haskins I think might be out of reach with the pick we got now,  If people think Jay struggles with clock management and doesn't run the ball enough -- don't think they'd be loving McCarthy.  I like Bowles as DC. 

I’d take Bowles as HC honestly.  Tough sell, but I’d take it.

DC is no brained.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I just watched Gruden’s presser and it all made sense to me.  He said they

were getting 4 to 5 yards a rush on first down.

As you all know, I tracked EVERY First down run in the game, up until the 4th quarter we were averaging JUST over 2 yards a carry.

Jay is just dyslexic.  He doesn’t recognize the difference between 2 and 4.  He just flips them in his head.  (I’m dyslexic, so I get it)

Either that or he failed Kindergarten.

Either that or he’s completely game unaware.

You pick. 

D. Jay is full of ****

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Haskins I think might be out of reach with the pick we got now,  If people think Jay struggles with clock management and doesn't run the ball enough -- don't think they'd be loving McCarthy.  I like Bowles as DC. 

Look at the draft board and who's picking QB around us.  People have Jags getting Locke, that makes us next team that needs one and make sense to do it (not just drafted or large contract already)

Just now, JSSkinz said:

Why do people want Mike McCarthy?  What about him makes anyone think that he's a good coach.

He got the most out of Rodgers while Rodgwr was still listening to him.  He's certainly a better play caller then Jay, they problem is their front office is too cheap to get him a solid team or even defense

Just now, Birdlives said:

I would literally take a Steelers or pats water boy over McCarthy. He’s hot garbage.

Disagree, but alright.  

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

He got the most out of Rodgers while Rodgwr was still listening to him.  He's certainly a better play caller then Jay, they problem is their front office is too cheap to get him a solid team or even defense

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, I see a huge failure who squandered the career of a hall of famer, it would be so Redskins to bring him in, I would rather have Jay.

Just my opinion based on how I've watched Green Bay underachieve for a decade.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Disagree, but alright.  

I would argue Rodgers got the most out of him while he rode Rodgers coat tails. Is the GB front office cheap and ruining the best years of Rodgers career like Indy did Peyton? Yes, but McCarthy isn’t some amazing head coach, he’s had his issues.

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No thank you on a McCarthy.

Someone who has won a super bowl I'm no gonna scratch off.  Think we're in a point where we need to be careful about hiring a Zorn or someone without a track record considering how on the brink the stadium is with people not showing up.  I don't believe he as bad as some make him out to be, and any coordinator we get if hes really good we should be prepared to lose them like McVay, another reason I'm not interested in just getting one for Jay.

Archived