Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at An's Boobs

TK

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Look at the draft board and who's picking QB around us.  People have Jags getting Locke, that makes us next team that needs one and make sense to do it (not just drafted or large contract already)

We’re not going QB early.

Bruce and Jay will be given another shot because of the injuries.

Which means Colt is the starter. Until week 2 when he gets hurt.  

Bruce won’t spend a top pick on a QB knowing that it probably is a must win season

With Alex’s contract taking up 18+ million, it will be Colt and Josh Johnson as QBs

2019 is already lost.  

The question is do they get 2020 with Alex? Or if Alex can’t get back, 2020/2021 with a new QB?

im steeling myself that Jay is here at least in 2019 and 2020 with existing built in excuses.  Bruce too most likely 

Its going to take a true bottom out for things to really change.  And both are just average enough to prevent that.

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No thank you on a McCarthy.

I’d take Bowles as HC honestly.  Tough sell, but I’d take it.

DC is no brained.

I read the NY sports pages almost as much as DC.  The rip on Bowles is that he has no pulse -- not a good motivator, laid back, chill, and the inmates can run the asylum under his watch.  I like him regardless as a DC because he is a good tactician -- aggressive.  But a HC with no pulse who is criticized as a dude who can't motivate -- I think your honeymoon with him won't last long. 

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/29/todd-bowles-hasnt-learned-a-thing/

From the undisciplined play on both sides of the ball to unused timeouts and the vibe that Bowles was coaching not to get blown out instead of to win the game, it’s hard to argue that New York’s head coach is doing a good job on the sideline. He makes the same mistakes week after week and never does a thing to rectify them. He only holds himself accountable in the vaguest of terms, if at all.

The Jets have been hampered by undisciplined play for years and that falls squarely on Bowles. How is it that his teams can commit copious amounts of penalties week in and week out without any consequence? Players are not held accountable for their bonehead plays and Bowles has continually let these types of mental errors slide. Seven pre-snap penalties in a single game are embarrassing and inexcusable, yet Bowles stands on the sideline with a straight face and says nothing near condemnation afterward.

EmailSign up

7 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Well have to agree to disagree on this one, I see a huge failure who squandered the career of a hall of famer, it would be so Redskins to bring him in, I would rather have Jay.

Just my opinion based on how I've watched Green Bay underachieve for a decade.

We're talking about a franchise that barely participated in free agency and hasnt drafted well in a while now.  The year they won i remember people thinking about when they got all those guys back.  They never came back and they never replaced them.

3 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

I would argue Rodgers got the most out of him while he rode Rodgers coat tails. Is the GB front office cheap and ruining the best years of Rodgers career like Indy did Peyton? Yes, but McCarthy isn’t some amazing head coach, he’s had his issues.

Every coach has issues, Dungy got first in Tampa, only got one ring with Peyton, and he's revered.  The one year BB didn't have Brady in New England they didn't make the playoffs.  I don't expect this guy to go to the HOF, but he helped dominate that division and has championship experience.  Some guys do better with their second chance, why not us?

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I read the NY sports pages almost as much as DC.  The rip on Bowles is that he has no pulse -- not a good motivator, laid back, chill, and the inmates can run the asylum under his watch.  I like him regardless as a DC because he is a good tactician -- aggressive.  But a HC with no pulse who is criticized as a dude who can't motivate -- I think your honeymoon with him won't last long. 

Maybe.  I’m not big on NFL coaches having to motivate.  I am big on them having to prepare, and prepared teams are naturally motivated.

I don’t see Jay as some master motivator.  Hell, does anybody think Bellichick gives ra ra speeches?  He motivates by preparation and if you can’t do it, you’re gone.  

My issue sue with Jay is the team isn’t well prepared.  I don’t honestly care if he’s laid back or not if the team is prepared.

Bowles might not be perfect, but I’d take a shot over Jay because I think he’d fix the defense, which has more talent, and the team would be prepared.

But whatever.  Jay is safe.

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Bruce won’t spend a top pick on a QB knowing that it probably is a must win season

With Alex’s contract taking up 18+ million, it will be Colt and Josh Johnson as QBs

2019 is already lost.  

The question is do they get 2020 with Alex? Or if Alex can’t get back, 2020/2021 with a new QB?

im steeling myself that Jay is here at least in 2019 and 2020 with existing built in excuses.  Bruce too most likely 

Its going to take a true bottom out for things to really change.  And both are just average enough to prevent that.

These are your opinions, not facts.  How can you go into a must win season with two career backups at QB, or say that's what we'll after a desperate move like the Alex trade?  They are going to go all in again, some splash, have to, no one is going to the games, that's our mo just as much as doing stupid ****

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Maybe.  I’m not big on NFL coaches having to motivate.  I am big on them having to prepare, and prepared teams are naturally motivated.

I don’t see Jay as some master motivator.  Hell, does anybody think Bellichick gives ra ra speeches?  He motivates by preparation and if you can’t do it, you’re gone.  

My issue sue with Jay is the team isn’t well prepared.  I don’t honestly care if he’s laid back or not if the team is prepared.

Bowles might not be perfect, but I’d take a shot over Jay because I think he’d fix the defense, which has more talent, and the team would be prepared.

But whatever.  Jay is safe.

Bowles is known for having an overall sloppy team that puts in uninspired performances.   I like him as DC but as a HC yuck. 

8 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Not me, no way, that guy is just waiting to fail somewhere, we don't have Rodgers or anything close to him so it will go downhill fast.

I think GB's problem was Rodgers and the cheap front office. I've seen stuff that Rodgers would routinely change plays in the huddle that McCarthy had called. Not saying it's all on either but I think it was easily 70/30 Rodgers-front office/McCarthy.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

2019 is already lost.  

I agree. I also think people need to understand just how catastrophic the Smith trade and extension was. Even if we wanted to nuke the whole thing, no one of any value would come here without a 10 year contract. We’ve literally got 2, possibly 3 years of absorbing the Smith contract before we have cap space and assets to truly build a team. What legit team builder is going to come here with the Smith contract albatross hanging over their head?

we Must immediately fire Bruce and Doug, promote Brian as pres; Eric as VP; and Kyle as GM. Kyle can work with Jay and re-work the defensive staff. Ride out the next 2 years while scouting college QB’s and acquiring draft picks so we can build a team in 2021. We actually have a good base, we shouldn’t squander it with Bruce.

Anyone see the Norman altercation at the end of the game? At least he’s noticeably pissed like the rest of us. Sick of being super pissed after a loss and seeing the players laugh and talk after the game. I wonder why I even care after watching the players post game. 

2 minutes ago, max21 said:

Anyone see the Norman altercation at the end of the game? At least he’s noticeably pissed like the rest of us. Sick of being super pissed after a loss and seeing the players laugh and talk after the game. I wonder why I even care after watching the players post game. 

I don't get this whole post-game jersey swapping love fest.  Shake hands and move on.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I have no idea whether the Skins should be in man or zone in that situation.

What is obvious though is that st least some of the players have not bought into the plan.

In week 16, that’s a HUGE indictment of the coaching staff in general, and the defensive coaches in particular.

Couldnt agree more..DJ is not the only one!

Completely off topic but I’m going to leave this here before I go deposit this in the right place. Every year I watch this league, year after year, it feels more and more rigged. It’s that or the refs are just that bad. Not a single game goes by where I don’t see an arbitrary, game changing penalty call that doesn’t get called the same way on the other side.

Archived