Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at An's Boobs

TK

Whether they win or lose, I just hope they are out there fighting their guts out and avoiding mental mistakes.  To keep fighting after the way our season has unfolded will be a great reflection of the character of our team. 

And I think a win today virtually guarantees jay is back next year. 

My "soccer" team (Norwich City) just ground out a hard fought away win to go back to the top of the league.... that has to be a good omen.

Agree 100% though with posts above - my expectations are low for this one, but any given Sunday Saturday.... I just wanna see some fight from the team, and Josh Johnson playing well.

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The only thing that will infuriate me today is if we try to run up the gut on 80%+ of our first downs if it’s not having success.  

I don’t expect a win, and the Skins are overmatched.  But if you’re going to lose, go down swinging and not meanly into the night.

So true. Need to see some creativity on offense from Jay. Even if it fails, I’ll still respect it. 

55 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Throw a potato on the field for me TK

Not there this week. Flight out this morning was cancelled last night due to weather. 

1 minute ago, wit33 said:

So true. Need to see some creativity on offense from Jay. Even if it fails, I’ll still respect it. 

Expect a 2 RB formation with CT & Marshall in the backfield together. With both Reed & Davis out it come become the Sprinkle/Crowder show, though key is to feed AP all day long & eat up the clock.

10 minutes ago, TK said:

Expect a 2 RB formation with CT & Marshall in the backfield together. With both Reed & Davis out it come become the Sprinkle/Crowder show, though key is to feed AP all day long & eat up the clock.

One of my (many) criticisms of Gruden is his infatuation with “packages” to get matchups.  Which also becomes a major tell.

The injuries might actually force him to do what I prefer, which is pick your best personnel group and go with it.  2RB with Byron and CT, Sprinkle and Doctson/Crowder is probably the most explosive group he can get out there. 

Your secondary package could be AP, Sprinkle, the other TE, And 2 WR.

Just stick with that and be done with. The colts of the mid 2000’s basically went 2 TE, 2 WR, RB on every play.  It allowed them to be extremely quick to the line, and run everything, simplifying the offense however it was murder on the defense because the DOD everything out of the same personnel set and were unpredictable.

1 minute ago, Wildbunny said:

Yeah!

Swinging gate!!!

There’s swinging, and then there is ridiculously stupid.

I’ll leave it to you to figure out which one Zorn was.

14 minutes ago, TK said:

Yes, I can get with this. We saw some of this last week. Short quick game and see if the supporting cast can do enough with YAC opportunities to keep chains moving. This coupled with AP pounding them up the middle.

Marshal and Thompson consistently beating the Titan’s LBs to the edge or in route running might be a big story, as this will potentially discrete the Titans personnel on defense (LBs vs DBs being on the field). 

37 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Just to compare...Redskins offensive depth charts before the preseason started and before today's game against the Titans:

Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 11.27.15 AM.png

This is amazing. Thanks for putting that together. It’s truly incredible how crippled this team is. It’s not even up to date with the current inactives

Let's go Redskins nation!!!... Get up and be loud be proud!!!... two more milk delivery stops and it's on my way to the folks place to watch the game.. thank God it's on NFL Network and I can watch on my phone... Bring home a win skins let's do this and keep our hopes alive

Archived