Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Titans Prediction Thread: Livin' On A Prayer

skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2018 Bourbon Bowl?

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

How does Henry go from never rushing for more than 58 yds in a game, to rushing for 400 yards in two games?...I think he regresses back to his norm on Saturday.

I sure hope so!  Hard to have much faith in our run D of late though. :(

Derrick Henry is playing out of his mind, and our rushing defense completely disappears at times. Titans do have a solid defense, and matched up with our garbage offense, means our D is going to be on the field a lot, and will most likely get exhausted and steamrolled.

Titans 27

Skins 9

Redskins victory opponents have 3rd worst "rating" (some other term is used) in the league. They are ahead of only and ironically Kirk Cousins' Vikings and some other team as far as quality of teams they have defeated. Panthers and Packers looked good at the time but both have shown themselves to be bad teams this year. Rodgers was playing on one leg when Skins won and Panthers were on the verge of pulling the game out when Norv Turner made 4 inexplicable calls in a row and bad shoulder Newton threw to spots with no one there. Dallas win was Dallas minus Cooper. A Titans win would be the first against a legit playoff contender at decent strength. I think the Skins will come together and pride will actually be a factor. They will play the Titans close simply because expectations are zilch and being on the road is a plus as opposed to half empty Fed Ex. Titans 20-17 but an outright win is not out of the question.

I will never stop cheering for a Redskins win.

With that said, it gets harder every week of every season to keep the faith that they WILL win. Especially with stuff like “playoffs on the line”, “mobile quarterback” and “nationally televised” being part of this game. 

Henry decided to turn back the clock just a couple of weeks too soon for the Skins to have a chance in this one.

He goes for 155 and 2 TDs rushing and he adds a receiving score on a screen pass that the Skins’ D still struggles to defend.

Titans - 30

Skins - 20

I see this as both a coming back to earth for the idea Josh Johnson will be our savior(good game for him, great win for him BTW), and the Titans will match up well against us.  Their D is competent enough against our woeful offense, and they can run the ball.

25-10 Titans, but it really feels like a 30-3 drubbing, except we get a cheap score tacked on.

4 hours ago, Smurf3 said:

Redskins victory opponents have 3rd worst "rating" (some other term is used) in the league. They are ahead of only and ironically Kirk Cousins' Vikings and some other team as far as quality of teams they have defeated.

I think the other team they are ahead of is Seattle. I know they would win a tiebreaker over Seattle if it came down to strength of victory.

14 hours ago, Smurf3 said:

Redskins victory opponents have 3rd worst "rating" (some other term is used) in the league. They are ahead of only and ironically Kirk Cousins' Vikings and some other team as far as quality of teams they have defeated. Panthers and Packers looked good at the time but both have shown themselves to be bad teams this year. Rodgers was playing on one leg when Skins won and Panthers were on the verge of pulling the game out when Norv Turner made 4 inexplicable calls in a row and bad shoulder Newton threw to spots with no one there. Dallas win was Dallas minus Cooper. A Titans win would be the first against a legit playoff contender at decent strength. I think the Skins will come together and pride will actually be a factor. They will play the Titans close simply because expectations are zilch and being on the road is a plus as opposed to half empty Fed Ex. Titans 20-17 but an outright win is not out of the question.

Don't understand why you mention Dallas only lost against us because of no Cooper, in our loss to Dallas we had countless starters missing. I have no doubt in my mind a full strength Redskins would have won in Dallas even if they had Cooper. 

HTTR 

Generally the Skins play poor fundamental football on D.  They are a poor tackling team that seeks to "strip" the ball first, rather then just wrapping the guy up, and making solid tackles.  This team has been like this for years.  Doesn't matter who the players are or the D Coordinator is. 

So as the game progresses Henry will have a solid day. Because you have to wrap up a guy like this or he will gauge you.  The Redskins D may "swarm" to the ball the first few series, but as the game moves on they will revert to the same ol' same ol patterns and Henry will break off some big runs, opening up their passing game against our sketchy secondary.  

24 Titans

16 Skins

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

Thank goodness ya cleared that up..I would have thought for sure we were just watching some stupid football movie as all football movies are crappy crappy..

The team that will play the Titans is not the same team it was at the start of the season. I think they really need to take a good look at why the Redskins have so many players hurt every year. Is it crappy trainers, crappy facilities, crappy coaching or some kind of voodoo curse?

Archived